You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liam Neeson

Captain Howdy

He was thinking emotionally and irrationally. He then realised pretty soon that he was wrong to have had that thought process.

He realised this nearly 40 years ago. I think it’s a good thing that’s he admitted he what he thought and how he overcame those thoughts. 

I don’t see what the issue is.

Oh yeah, people aren’t allowed to be wrong in the past and make amends in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Maybe it was best he kept that to himself but seeing as he didn't he now needs to come out and explain if he was wrong about thinking he needed to cosh someone or cosh a black guy. Which was it?

Oh, I also fully expect his follow up interviews to say how some of his best friends are black and he loves jerk chicken.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I wonder why he felt compelled to share that information with a journalist, very silly in the current climate.

He'll probably be out of work within a week. Not that it matters because he's been absolutely shite in everything apart from his cameos in Ted 2 & Life's Too Short.

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

Maybe it was best he kept that to himself but seeing as he didn't he now needs to come out and explain if he was wrong about thinking he needed to cosh someone or cosh a black guy. Which was it?

Oh, I also fully expect his follow up interviews to say how some of his best friends are black and he loves jerk chicken.

Fucking hell.

6 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Fucking hell.

Why? Read the whole interview? He has said it was wrong to think about revenge whilst promoting a film about revenge. I've yet to see any contrition about asking the rapist's skin colour as the first reaction and then wanting to cave in a black bastard though. It's been 17 days since he gave the interview so no rush...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's a fucking weird, borderline psychotic thing to think though isn't it? Someone I know got raped by a black man so I prowled the streets for a week with a shiv in my pocket looking to stab a black person.

Yeah okay mate.

It is, and the whole point is that he had a profound reaction to a bad thing that made him act irrationally. That sort of event can manifest in serious hatred. He was wrong, but it was a long time ago and he admits he was wrong. He should have kept his mouth shut really. 

• Upvote 1

You would need to be several degrees of stupid to disagree with what John Barnes was saying.

Unfortunately there are an awful lot of the serially offended who are suitably qualified.

There will be an awful lot of people getting splinters on their arses jumping on this particular bandwagon.

Right, I genuinely don't see the issue here. I'm struggling to see how this is being painted as racism rather than the mere reaction of aggression following news of injustice. 

Thought John Barnes was great in response to the OTT twit who was calling for Neeson's head. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

It's a fucking weird, borderline psychotic thing to think though isn't it? Someone I know got raped by a black man so I prowled the streets for a week with a shiv in my pocket looking to stab a black person.

Yeah okay mate.

Also, the first thing he asked his friend was about the ethnicity of her attacker.  Like his mind was already predisposed towards thinking this was a racial issue.  He could have asked how old she thought he was, how tall etc.  But he went straight for race.  

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Also, the first thing he asked his friend was about the ethnicity of her attacker.  Like his mind was already predisposed towards thinking this was a racial issue.  He could have asked how old she thought he was, how tall etc.  But he went straight for race.  

How do you know it was the first thing?