You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) 9/2/19 - The Match Thread

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Good stuff, result we needed but Bournemouth were horrendous. For some reason they seem unable to keep possession when they play us, especially at Anfield.

Finishing will have to be much better next week if we're going to give Frodo his first defeat, as we aren't going to get so many chances. Onwards and upwards.

I think we'll create plenty against them. Their defence is still dodgy and Fulham probably should have had at least 1 today if not 2. They'll push onto us which is perfect for us. 

Bring on the Manc rats. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, niallers said:

I think we'll create plenty against them. Their defence is still dodgy and Fulham probably should have had at least 1 today if not 2. They'll push onto us which is perfect for us. 

Bring on the Manc rats. 

Hopefully, there's definitely goals in it. I think the odds are we will score but Van Dijk will have to be on his toes to make sure there's no silly shit down at the other end. Key is to frustrate Pogba and don't allow him to create anything.

Get the fuck in Reds. Could have been 5/6 easily. Boric (The Holy Goalie) was excellent for them. 

Allison - Played well from his couch in his living room

Milner - Still shite on corners and I was fuming with him in the first half an hour for trying to be too cute at times but steadied himself and played well as usual

Matip - Did he swap shirts with Van Dijk today as he was our best CB

Van Dijk - Solid 

Robertson - Should be on the next Duracell advert. What a player. Hard as nails as well plus, how fast is he getting to loose balls on his side?! 

Wijnaldum - Man of the match. Colossal performance, lovely goal. Should have gone for goal a few minutes before instead of passing to Salah but who cares? 

Fabinho - Along with Wijnaldum, we have 2 Midfielders who (when fit) are absolutely nailed down in them positions. Its great to be able to say that. 

Keita - Excellent in the first half, was buzzing all over the place. Went missing in the 2nd half but it didn't matter. will do him the world of good that game. 

Salah - Knew he had a goal in him all game, could have had a hat-trick. 

Firmino - Was dying for him to score today, especially after being serenaded for 10 minutes by the Kop. He was outstanding today even without a goal. His little through balls are magnificent. I love him. 

Mane - Man of the moment. 

Subs - Does it matter? 

Thread Starter - After a potentially disastrous obstruction by Remmie, he returned to form. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As well as we’ve played all season. Everyone was boss, 2nd and 3rd goals were just football at its very finest. Should have been more but take great heart and satisfaction in that performance. Keita is a player you can see it, probably won’t see best of him until next year but the boy has a heck of a lot of talent.

2 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Hopefully, there's definitely goals in it. I think the odds are we will score but Van Dijk will have to be on his toes to make sure there's no silly shit down at the other end. Key is to frustrate Pogba and don't allow him to create anything.

Get Fabinho roughing him up early doors. I hope Henderson is fit for this, he would be far better suited than Keita. 

Good win. Right now, I’d rather go to Old Trafford with them on an implausible looking run of form than if they’d been a bit stop-start under Solskjaer.

I can’t help but think back to the amount of times they did a number on us at Anfield when they were in contention for the title and we were just behind. We’d be on a great run of form, play them and up would pop Gary Pallister or Andy Cole with the opener and you could hear a pin drop.

It would be nice if we could further our title ambitions by doing something similar to them.