You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) 9/2/19 - The Match Thread

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Hades said:

Shocked if we get anything from this game, the title is still in contention. Only when it's totally a longshot will they start performing again.

That's getting into the spirit of things, get to Anfield and let the team know you're behind them!

Bournemouth aren't a bad side, so I'm not expecting us to stroll to a cricket score, but they don't have the pace to trouble us on the counter like the last couple of sides we've dropped points to.

I'd like to see us stick with Keita, as he's still one of the only players from our midfield who can - potentially - break the lines. My only worry with him is he can't see the defensive dangers of when someone else gets further forward, like Wijnaldum or Henderson can.

If we're dropping anyone out of form then it should be Firmino. He looks like he needs a rest, as he's both physically and mentally slow at the moment.

Get back to winning ways, and hopefully get back to cleen sheets and looking in control. A slow and steady 2-0 please reds.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Hades said:

Shocked if we get anything from this game, the title is still in contention. Only when it's totally a longshot will they start performing again.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

That's getting into the spirit of things, get to Anfield and let the team know you're behind them!

A seat in the Lower Kenny awaits.

47 minutes ago, LFD said:

Bournemouth aren't a bad side, so I'm not expecting us to stroll to a cricket score, but they don't have the pace to trouble us on the counter like the last couple of sides we've dropped points to.

I'd like to see us stick with Keita, as he's still one of the only players from our midfield who can - potentially - break the lines. My only worry with him is he can't see the defensive dangers of when someone else gets further forward, like Wijnaldum or Henderson can.

If we're dropping anyone out of form then it should be Firmino. He looks like he needs a rest, as he's both physically and mentally slow at the moment.

Get back to winning ways, and hopefully get back to cleen sheets and looking in control. A slow and steady 2-0 please reds.

Bournemouth are abysmal away and we absolutely should be looking to twat them.

In the past few weeks we've seen people talk up Leicester and West Ham as 'decent' 'good' 'not bad' etc - they and these are below Everton...or to put it bluntly are shite. Especially these away...

Away results this season:

Cardiff lost 2-0

Everton lost 2-0

Man Utd lost 4-1

Tottenham lost 5-0

Wolves lost 2-0

Man City lost 3-1

Newcastle lost 2-1

Fulham won 3-0

Watford won 4-0

Burnley lost 4-0

Chelsea lost 2-0

West Ham won 2-1

3 wins, 9 losses.

Lost last 7 away on the bounce.

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

Bournemouth are abysmal away and we absolutely should be looking to twat them.

In the past few weeks we've seen people talk up Leicester and West Ham as 'decent' 'good' 'not bad' etc - they and these are below Everton...or to put it bluntly are shite. Especially these away...

Away results this season:

Cardiff lost 2-0

Everton lost 2-0

Man Utd lost 4-1

Tottenham lost 5-0

Wolves lost 2-0

Man City lost 3-1

Newcastle lost 2-1

Fulham won 3-0

Watford won 4-0

Burnley lost 4-0

Chelsea lost 2-0

West Ham won 2-1

3 wins, 9 losses.

Lost last 7 away on the bounce.

You're looking at it in a very binary - good side / shite side manner.

Instead, try focussing on which sides have the ability to play well against us because their strengths are our weaknesses, or vice versa. It'll give you a clearer picture as to why we drop points to particular teams. 

Leicester were a dangerous team to us, as they counter at pace. Palace similarly so, and West Ham - with Fernandez in form and our makeshift fullback on his side - were set up perfectly to exploit our defensive issues. 

You're right, we should be beating these, but just looking at the league table or recent results won't give you the full picture. I dare say it's why some of our fans seem nigh on suicidal when we drop points to anyone lower than a team we've previously played well against.

1 minute ago, LFD said:

You're looking at it in a very binary - good side / shite side manner.

Instead, try focussing on which sides have the ability to play well against us because their strengths are our weaknesses, or vice versa. It'll give you a clearer picture as to why we drop points to particular teams. 

Leicester were a dangerous team to us, as they counter at pace. Palace similarly so, and West Ham - with Fernandez in form and our makeshift fullback on his side - were set up perfectly to exploit our defensive issues. 

You're right, we should be beating these, but just looking at the league table or recent results won't give you the full picture. I dare say it's why some of our fans seem nigh on suicidal when we drop points to anyone lower than a team we've previously played well against.

Yeah course.....I think we all know about who could and who is less likely to be able to hurt us etc and why - especially when we are missing players/not at our best.

These as we agree shouldn't be a side that hurt us and we should be dicking these reasonably comfortably - doing so will of course help quieten the narrative that has been building around us too.

I agree with you about Leicester, although the goal they got of course was not how you would expect them to hurt us....I don't agree about West Ham, they were there for the taking and are set up for us to be dicking - but all teams even the best have nights when not quite at it and a point was not a terrible result really, just the situation we are in made it feel worse.

Back on it today, boys.

• Like 1