You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) 9/2/19 - The Match Thread

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

This is going to be agony unless we quickly establish a lead of more than one goal. Less than six points from this and Old Trafford and, realistically, the league title is not going to happen, because anything less is going to kill off whatever remains of the team's confidence.

Even if we lose to Utd we are still level on points with City if we win against Bournemouth. That also means City beating Chelsea. Ok we would likely have a minus goal difference unless we absolutely batter Bournemouth but still.... On paper City have the harder run-in. If we lose to Bournemouth maybe I'll join the hysterical fanny gang but fucking hell. I don't know if you go the game but you have Upper-Centenary written all over you. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

This is going to be agony unless we quickly establish a lead of more than one goal. Less than six points from this and Old Trafford and, realistically, the league title is not going to happen, because anything less is going to kill off whatever remains of the team's confidence.

Fortunately, that's not true, because I can't see us getting a win at Old Toilet, now that Shitcoat has gone.

One of the biggest

must win games I can remember. 

After the last two games we absolutely need to be taking three points here at home to piss poor team. 

A draw at old Trafford wouldn't be a dreadful result at all.   It never is. 

We're still sitting in a fantastic position to win the league.   It's the squad players needing to be used that's brought the biggest downer.  That bench needs sorted or we'll always be looking for miracles. 

47 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Dirty kecks, clean sheets.

Sounds like an Oasis album title.

‘Dirty kecks, clean sheets man, 

Our kid’s just shat in the back of the van,

Don’t worry Digsy it’ll all be fine,

Driving along in the sunshiiiiiine.’

• Upvote 7

People saying we should be doing the coach welcome for every home game here on in. I'm all for it providing the atmosphere transcends into the stadium. It was weird against Leicester with all the nerves. Hope Anfield will be bouncing every single game now. Fully expecting a Champions League night at sphere tomorrow. Get behind the team and fucking roar us home to this title. Lets batter these fuckers tomorrow and ally the pressure back on City. 

• Upvote 1