You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) 9/2/19 - The Match Thread

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Grinch said:

So we'll have another shit right back? 

Not replacing him was the problem when we had one inconsistent kid at right back and every other option being woeful there due to playing out of position. 

TAA isn't even a right back. As far as I can see we don't actually have a right back!

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

I'd consider starting Origi instead of Bobby. Mane aside, we've been poor up front.  Hopefully Trent and Gini will be back.

Aye let's punish Bobby's poor performance by playing someone so shit we can't get rid.   Someone who hits fresh air when five yards out with the goal at his mercy 

That'll teach Bobby and result in more points dropped. 

21 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Aye let's punish Bobby's poor performance by playing someone so shit we can't get rid.   Someone who hits fresh air when five yards out with the goal at his mercy 

That'll teach Bobby and result in more points dropped. 

What's your solution, G-dog? Come on, don't be shy.

Just now, El Rojo said:

What's your solution, G-dog? Come on, don't be shy.

Keep playing our first XI cause it's clear as the day the players on the bench are barely premier League standard. 

We'll probably fall short cause it turns out you need back up players worth turning too.   We don't and won't for the rest of the season. 

Allison

TAA                   VVD                       Matip             Robertson

Fabinho                    Wijnaldum

Shaqiri

Salah                            Firmino                         Mane

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Keep playing our first XI cause it's clear as the day the players on the bench are barely premier League standard. 

We'll probably fall short cause it turns out you need back up players worth turning too.   We don't and won't for the rest of the season. 

We have about 15 players worth a toss and a few promising kids. The squad needs a lot of work after the 1st XI.

8 minutes ago, Grinch said:

We need our front three to bail us out at the moment - Mane aside, they're not doing that.

Based on last night, I really wouldn't see the harm in not introducing Bobby until the second half. Miss notwithstanding, Origi did more in his cameo than Firmino did all night. He's always scored goals for us - he's not exactly the Borini or Lambert he gets brushed off as.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We have about 15 players worth a toss and a few promising kids. The squad needs a lot of work after the 1st XI.

We've had no attacking back up for about 3-4 years now.   Around the time Sturridge decided he didn't want to play football anymore. 

We're punching well above our weight to be where are tbh. 

Next time it doesn't work out with mane,  Salah and Bobby I hope we just stick with it.   Rather than being on some bang average player that would struggle to get a game for Huddersfield. 

With the amount of players leaving and no big sales to boost the coffers,  we're gonna have more of the same next year.   

Bin the cups off cause we've no squad then act surprised when we've no one worth bringing on in the league. 

Fucking Tottenham have more squad depth than us. 

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We need our front three to bail us out at the moment - Mane aside, they're not doing that.

Based on last night, I really wouldn't see the harm in not introducing Bobby until the second half. Miss notwithstanding, Origi did more in his cameo than Firmino did all night. He's always scored goals for us - he's not exactly the Borini or Lambert he gets brushed off as.

He's been utterly atrocious since the Everton injury... What two years ago? 

He did duck all when he came on,  run about and missed one of the sitters of the season.   The only reason were talking bout Origi is we couldn't shift him and Bournemouth stupidly paid money for Solanke. 

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

We've had no attacking back up for about 3-4 years now.   Around the time Sturridge decided he didn't want to play football anymore. 

We're punching well above our weight to be where are tbh. 

Next time it doesn't work out with mane,  Salah and Bobby I hope we just stick with it.   Rather than being on some bang average player that would struggle to get a game for Huddersfield. 

With the amount of players leaving and no big sales to boost the coffers,  we're gonna have more of the same next year.   

Bin the cups off cause we've no squad then act surprised when we've no one worth bringing on in the league. 

Fucking Tottenham have more squad depth than us. 

The decent young attackers we have are two young, recovering from injury or at Derby. Camacho is a better option of the bench than Sturridge.

24 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Allison

TAA                   VVD                       Matip             Robertson

Fabinho                    Wijnaldum

Shaqiri

Salah                            Firmino                         Mane

This. Make it happen. Before I've only a stump of a *cock left

*had fuck all to start with.

Here we go again - the minor knocks that kept them out last night are now likely to keep them out weekend.

Jurgen Klopp admits Gini Wijnaldum and Jordan Henderson could miss the clash with Bournemouth this weekend.

The midfielders were ruled out of last night’s frustrating draw with West Ham through injury.

“Gini and Hendo, both would’ve played and then they cannot play,” Klopp said yesterday. “That’s not too cool, I don’t know how long it will take,” the boss told Liverpoolfc.com.

“That’s the situation, that was always clear. It’s a long season and you have to deal with the situation.

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Just forfeit the last 13 games and give City the fucking trophy for fucks sake!

To be fair mate you would have said that before our first game of the season.

whether this is genuine pessimism of the highest order or pisstaking it is getting old. Give it a rest mate. Life either way is too short.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

To be fair mate you would have said that before our first game of the season.

whether this is genuine pessimism of the highest order or pisstaking it is getting old. Give it a rest mate. Life either way is too short.

Why on earth would you be optimistic about Liverpool? Where have you been since1990? And why should I stop with the pessimism? Why don't you knock the optimism on the head? I find it grating!

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why on earth would you be optimistic about Liverpool? Where have you been since1990? And why should I stop with the pessimism? Why don't you knock the optimism on the head? I find it grating!

I’m not overly optimistic mate, you need to check that tree you’re barking up.

Since 1990 I have been, this season apart sitting/standing on the Kop.

As has been stated before you find no enjoyment in it, might be your state of mind.

Try finding another hobby if this affects you so much. Just my opinion.