You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How was your day?

Oh Buoy

On 2/5/2019 at 10:18 PM, Bruce Spanner said:

Fucking horrific.

Found out my two week old boy might have quite a serious condition that requires major surgery.

Fuck you, life.

Well, turned out alright didn’t it!

Fuck you modern day cautious, fear of being sued so they put the patients through hell, medicine.

Went on a bender to celebrate, slept on the couch at her ‘request’ 

Lifes alright.

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Well, turned out alright didn’t it!

Fuck you modern day cautious, fear of being sued so they put the patients through hell, medicine.

Went on a bender to celebrate, slept on the couch at her ‘request’ 

Lifes alright.

And your cyber chums, I might add.

So when you’ve sobered up, details please...

Thank you 

11 hours ago, Champ said:

And your cyber chums, I might add.

So when you’ve sobered up, details please...

Thank you 

First hit a couple of bars in Islington, I know a damn good cocktail bar that does an early bird special and pretty much guaranteed blindness if you have more than four...

Oh, the hiatus?

Well, where to start. Met a girl fell in love, she’s awesome and as big a dickhead as I am. There are some alright ones out there! Married five years, couple of beautiful kids. Work is going incredibly well. In short, life is fucking good! 

Life became very busy, very quickly and I just stopped coming on here as much.

Hope all’s good your end, C? 

28 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

First hit a couple of bars in Islington, I know a damn good cocktail bar that does an early bird special and pretty much guaranteed blindness if you have more than four...

Oh, the hiatus?

Well, where to start. Met a girl fell in love, she’s awesome and as big a dickhead as I am. There are some alright ones out there! Married five years, couple of beautiful kids. Work is going incredibly well. In short, life is fucking good! 

No! The baby, yer donut

32 minutes ago, Champ said:

No! The baby, yer donut

Ah, well, strap yourself in!

Born by emergency C-Section after abnormalities in the kidneys were found, the extent of which would only be known after birth. Straight to intensive care where we spent the next three weeks, bar one absolute clusterfuck of a night at home. He’s scanned, scrapped, cut, injected and subjected to everyfuckingthing in the world. His first operation, to correct the Kinsey issue is a success, he still needs to have a follow up, but that’s all good and not serious. The hospital then severely botch a simple procedure, enough for us to issue formal complaints against doctors.

Post op they ‘notice’ something which could be something quite serious, could mean complete bowl removal. So, again we’re stuck in ICU. The poor little fucker has not had a day where he’s not subjected to every fucking test on the planet. We had to do enemas twice daily, which is a hoot! He also has a milk allergy and can not feed from a bottle as it’s putting too much air in to his system and causing him pain, so my wife had to breast feed almost continually and didn’t sleep for more than an hour at a time.

The term ‘survival percentages’ are used.

We have world leading Professors, were transferred between all the best paediatric wards in London.

We end up having a biopsy which will tell us how bad it will be.... 

We spend the day on a ward with kids who are dying from cancer and their distraught parents. We wait and wait for the results...

Nothing, fucking nothing wrong with his bowel!

Its a fucking Soy allergy we figure out over the next couple of days.

All that pain and misery for him and it’s basic shit they should have figured out within five minutes with a few simple questions.

He’s home now and he’s great, so all’s we’ll and all that jazz, but the wee fucker hasn’t half had a tough first month on this rock. 

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This is all well and good but doesn't explain why you still haven't replied to the text message I sent you on the 6th May 2012 when we were supposed to be heading for a pint and sunday dinner while I was in London.

12 hours ago, chevettehs said:

This is all well and good but doesn't explain why you still haven't replied to the text message I sent you on the 6th May 2012 when we were supposed to be heading for a pint and sunday dinner while I was in London.

Next time you’re in my endz, treacletits, I’ll take you for a good ol’kneesup.

• Upvote 1

I've had an incredibly shit day.

Was due  to go the Bierkeller  to watch the match but to cut a long story short ended up in the vets where my wife is practice manager, to have our beautiful and much adored Rottweiler 'Hank' put to sleep.

We are all totally grief stricken and many tears have been shed  by all with no doubt my more to come ( and there they come as I type).

I feel absolutely wretched.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, derykw said:

Was due  to go the Bierkeller  to watch the match but to cut a long story short ended up in the vets where my wife is practice manager, to have our beautiful and much adored Rottweiler 'Hank' put to sleep.

We are all totally grief stricken and many tears have been shed  by all with no doubt my more to come ( and there they come as I type).

Sorry to hear that mate. Thoughts with you 

1 hour ago, derykw said:

Awful stuff mate. Sorry for your loss.

Well fuck me that was fast. 

Brought the missus down to the maternity hospital at 10.30. They told us to go home as she was a few days away from giving birth. 

Got home at 11.30, I went to bed, the missus woke me up at 1.30 saying we had to go back in. 

The baby was born at 2.05. Fucking crazy. 

So all in all, not a bad day 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yep - your first?

Boy/girl? Name? Ten fingers ten toes?

No, our 2nd (and last). 

We've a 3 year old boy, this is a little girl. 

Although this was like something out of a movie with it being so quick, it was 100 times better than the first time. 

The missus was induced on Darragh, and Labour was something like 30 hours. It was horrendous. This was so quick, nobody had time to think.