You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) 4/2/19 - Match Thread

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Standing up to tyranny disgusting 

Well done,  you're part of the reason they get away with murder. 

Shut up idiot, it’s a football thread I don’t want to read your shite, take it elsewhere if you have beef with him I’m not interested and I don’t want to read it

Okay... to put it into perspective, both United and Arsenal lost this fixture. We also played without:

1. Our first-choice CMs (Hendo, Gini and Ox)

2. 1st choice RB (Trent) and 2nd choice RB (Gomez)

3. 2nd best CH (Gomez) and 3rd best CH (Lovren)

I’m going to tell myself that it’s not that bad a result all things considered. 

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

He was really poor tonight...constantly looking to play casual flicks and them not coming off.

One of his attempted flicks started the situation that led to the free kick they scored from.

He was shocking tonight.

Firmino is easily our most overrated player. I would love to have a proper striker up front for a change.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Shut up idiot, it’s a football thread I don’t want to read your shite, take it elsewhere if you have beef with him I’m not interested and I don’t want to read it

Oh yea,  just let him support genocide in one thread then talk football with the sub human piece of filth. 

Passing the buck,  the exact reason we live in the world we do. 

Trip to dubai looks like has brought an illness to camp.

Klopp:

It’s very important. We had a difficult situation. It’s a long season. In general, we lost one game in the whole season, so the team are doing well. We have a tough situation in the moment. I don’t know where the injuries or illnesses are coming from. Millie was ill and maybe is still ill, I’m not sure; Virg had three or four days where he was out and lost four kilos. Obviously that doesn’t help.

I don’t moan about that, it is just a fact. It is not an excuse or nothing. I said we could have played better tonight, 100 per cent, but it’s the situation and it’s not perfect. We lost two players and Millie came back because he didn’t train yesterday. He came by himself to London because it was infectious. That is all not perfect, of course. For me, it explains parts of the game, but we don’t look for these things. As I said, the preparation for the game was far away from being perfect and we still got a point. That’s it.

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Okay... to put it into perspective, both United and Arsenal lost this fixture. We also played without:

1. Our first-choice CMs (Hendo, Gini and Ox)

2. 1st choice RB (Trent) and 2nd choice RB (Gomez)

3. 2nd best CH (Gomez) and 3rd best CH (Lovren)

I’m going to tell myself that it’s not that bad a result all things considered. 

Fabinho and Wijnaldum are our best midfielders. AOC has not kick a ball this season.

16 minutes ago, an tha said:

Trip to dubai looks like has brought an illness to camp.

Klopp:

It’s very important. We had a difficult situation. It’s a long season. In general, we lost one game in the whole season, so the team are doing well. We have a tough situation in the moment. I don’t know where the injuries or illnesses are coming from. Millie was ill and maybe is still ill, I’m not sure; Virg had three or four days where he was out and lost four kilos. Obviously that doesn’t help.

I don’t moan about that, it is just a fact. It is not an excuse or nothing. I said we could have played better tonight, 100 per cent, but it’s the situation and it’s not perfect. We lost two players and Millie came back because he didn’t train yesterday. He came by himself to London because it was infectious. That is all not perfect, of course. For me, it explains parts of the game, but we don’t look for these things. As I said, the preparation for the game was far away from being perfect and we still got a point. That’s it.

So they have all been literally shitting themselves

It's going to be something when Klopp finally has money to improve the squad. 

I sometimes wonder why he bothers with subs.   It doesn't matter how shit Firmino is playing,  it's pointless bringing on Origi. 

It's been this way for pretty much all his time at the club. 

11 minutes ago, Grinch said:

It's going to be something when Klopp finally has money to improve the squad. 

I sometimes wonder why he bothers with subs.   It doesn't matter how shit Firmino is playing,  it's pointless bringing on Origi. 

It's been this way for pretty much all his time at the club. 

Klopp has had 3 years now to improve our forward options and still after all that time the clearly never going to be good enough Origi and the totally broken down and finished Sturridge are sitting on our bench as our only back up.

Klopp has done a lot of good in his time with us, a hell of a lot but this clusterfuck with the forwards is a joke.

I know it is hard when playing a front 3 to attract top quality back up and expect it to sit on bench week in week out behind 3 players but by now we should have better options than Origi and Sturridge - especially given the demands of fighting in 4 comps which is what we should be doing.

• Upvote 2