You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) 4/2/19 - Match Thread

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

Just feeds the whole media narrative about us suffering under pressure even more this.

So bastard frustrating 4 pts in a week dropped and dropped to teams in awful form and dropped in games where there was pressure on us following others playing.

It is just so so so fucking frustrating and feels sadly so fucking familiar.

At best now we probably go to old toilet on 24th needing a result to be top.

And dropped in games where we were leading.

That's something that annoys me a fair bit. 

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

In a multiverse all things are possible so in some reality somewhere Everton will get a result on Wednesday. It just won't in be our reality

Even in an infinite multiverse there is no way Everton get a result on Wednesday. I'm sure there's realities where gravity works in the opposite direction, green is blue, water isn't wet, the Tories aren't cunts, I'm married to Emily Ratajkowski, but there is definitely not one where Everton don't capitulate to City on Wednesday.

• Upvote 4

Difference between us and City is this....

We get handed initiative and tense up/look scared.

They as proven winners will have bit beteeen teeth and on Weds will look to ruthlessly convert the chance they have been given.

We have had two chances in space of a week to apply pressure and not just failed to do so but have looked burdened by the situation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joe_fishfish said:

Even in an infinite multiverse there is no way Everton get a result on Wednesday. I'm sure there's realities where gravity works in the opposite direction, green is blue, water isn't wet, the Tories aren't cunts, I'm married to Emily Ratajkowski, but there is definitely not one where Everton don't capitulate to City on Wednesday.

Steven Hawking would disagree with you , I won't. 

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Difference between us and City is this....

We get handed initiative and tense up/look scared.

They as proven winners will have bit beteeen teeth and on Weds will look to ruthlessly convert the chance they have been given.

We have had two chances in space of a week to apply pressure and not just failed to do so but have looked burdened by the situation.

The above, and the quality in depth, is the difference.

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

That Mark Noble’s a nice fella. 

Not sure what inspired this, but I've always thought so. He's an honest professional who you can't imagine ever wanting to play for another team. In the shitness of modern football, Mark Nobles are few and far between. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

It's like that scene in Avengers Infinity War. Dr Strange has seen 13 million possibilities and Everton only win in one. Might be this one.

Then again their fans will be dressed in City kits so I doubt it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, skend04 said:

It's like that scene in Avengers Infinity War. Dr Strange has seen 13 million possibilities and Everton only win in one. Might be this one.

Then again their fans will be dressed in City kits so I doubt it.

We're talking cutting edge quantum mechanics here and you bring the Avengers into it . Grow up,