You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) 4/2/19 - Match Thread

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Aventus said:

Are we playing Salah up front again? I feel like that's causing issues because Bobby is anonymous in the 10 role and our whole attack seems to suffer. 

What game are you watching? He is playing linesman this game. 

8 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Only positive to take from that half is the result.

The problem is I don’t see how we’ll stop them scoring at least one or two in the second half.

Yeah, the structure is all wrong. It feels like we're playing 8 against 14 or something. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Goal we conceded might be the most laughable one since the Gerrard slip, and we've had some laughable ones. From the two ridiculous giveaways, to Keita not paying attention, to Alisson not even diving for some reason. Absolute joke.

You'd think West Ham were in a title race. Their intensity compared to ours has been night and day. 

Maybe we were just being sporting, allowing West Ham to cancel out our dodgy goal.

Hate being all cliche but pressure really does look like it's starting to show. Not the pressure of city,or spurs, but the pressure to keep having to go on the attack and beat teams. 

We've had fuck all chance to try take a breather for a few games, accept a draw here and there if needs be. 

We're just not at it. Those free kicks are seriously hurting us. We've almost been found out trying to keep so high a line. We need to change it up a bit.

Would we take a draw now and have the 3 point lead going into United away to try and re-establish? 

I'm rambling at the moment but it's that sort of a mood I'm in.

Just dig it out lads, fucking please

Some half time observations:

1. Naby has been dreadful. I think the honeymoon is over now. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that he excelled in a much slower league and is only going to be a liability for us. He fell asleep for the goal and I lost count of how many dangerous balls he gave away to them.

2. Matip has been dodgy at times also. You can see the panic he and Keita have put in the team. The cool calm and collected team from earlier in the season has gone and been replaced by the bad old defensive shambles that conceded so many goals. In the summer we must get rid of both him and Lovren and get 2 CBs in who can actually compete with Virgil and Gomez.

3. We may still win this because West Ham are shite, but regardless of the result I now think the likelihood we're not going to win the league. City will drop points, but what we have past the first XI is dogshit, and on this showing we will drop a lot more than them. I think this is easily our worst performance of the season, and we haven't even had any real injuries to our front 3 yet. We could be 3-0 down if the goal was correctly called for offside and WHam knew how to take glorious chances.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, the structure is all wrong. It feels like we're playing 8 against 14 or something. 

Right back to where we were a couple of years ago. Any alehouse team can bully is around in midfield, and every set piece to the opposition is a goalscoring chance.

Wijnaldum missing is one of the main reasons. 

Milner's shocking at right back, get him in the middle for Kieta and put Camacho at right back at least he's got legs if nothing else.

The midfield is absolute dog shit, the defence is a shambles and Mane aside the forwards are struggling.

Injuries are really starting to tell but the lack of squad depth catches up with us every season.

Please Reds by book or by crook just win.

• Upvote 1