Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 98 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

According to the Daily Mirror, Liverpool have contacted Lyon over a £35m deal for Memphis Depay after both Georginio Wijnaldum and Virgil van Dijk recommended the club to sign him. https://t.co/UomCry9bdH

Worth a risk at that price.

Depay was looking like a future great in the Eredivisie, then he went the Mancs and seemed to think he'd already made it. As well as this he didn't seem to fit in as he always seemed to be spending any time he could back over here. Plus I can never forget that hat and poncho get up. 

Maybe he'd be better with two talented international team mates who've worked hard to get their acclaim in the same squad. I have no idea what he's been like in France. 

37 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

According to the Daily Mirror, Liverpool have contacted Lyon over a £35m deal for Memphis Depay after both Georginio Wijnaldum and Virgil van Dijk recommended the club to sign him. https://t.co/UomCry9bdH

He can be had for less than that. We'll probably end up paying for Depay with the money from Wilson.

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I need Babbsburstnuts opinion on this

memphis-hat.jpeg

Simple shape, clean lines, I quite like it; depends what the hatband is like really. The coat and scarf are prime twat territory though.

28 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Depay was looking like a future great in the Eredivisie, then he went the Mancs and seemed to think he'd already made it. As well as this he didn't seem to fit in as he always seemed to be spending any time he could back over here. Plus I can never forget that hat and poncho get up. 

Maybe he'd be better with two talented international team mates who've worked hard to get their acclaim in the same squad. I have no idea what he's been like in France. 

Very hot and cold.

It'd be great to take one of United's talented cast offs in and turn him in to a world beater but I wouldn't see the point in having him and big Shaq and it's hardly worth selling him to accommodate another potential bell whiff. I call bollocks.

Depay is no way in Liverpool’s range. He’s self centered, inconsistent and has no sense of group awareness. No chance he’s ever coming to us. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Pretty tidy hat Orson has on in your avatar there, mate. Repped, obviously.

And not just because it made me rewatch the Paul Masson ad outtakes where he’s pissed as a lord for the 700th time.

Thanks Lizzie. You've got me watching all his outtakes as well now. Nobody can neatly wrap the words Paul Masson into one sentence as many times, or say it with such elegance. 

• Upvote 1

I think I bigged up Depay a while back on here. Looks a different player from the one who was at the Mancs. The drop in opposition quality might be a factor, but he's looked better at international level too. 

There'd have to be concerns about his work rate and attitude. But, I've started judging our transfers by comparing the quality/usefulness/price of the players we sell and the same for the players we bring in. If we can get Depay for a rarely used Grujic and Sturridge's wages off the books, it might not be that bad a signing.