Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 69 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Sorry, I meant inside right. Agree with Boss there. We should be looking for a right footed player to play on the left who can also play up front. We already have Shaq and potentially Wilson to come in for Salah.

33 minutes ago, Boss said:

I don't understand the Pepe and Asensio connection. Asensio is left footed so should really be playing on the right and Pepe plays on the right as well. Shouldn't we be going for one left footed and one right footed?

Mate, we will not be signing Pepe and Asensio.

One of them is a slight possibility, no way would we go for both. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

I don't understand the Pepe and Asensio connection. Asensio is left footed so should really be playing on the right and Pepe plays on the right as well. Shouldn't we be going for one left footed and one right footed?

I guess we won't be buying two of them and trying to keep 6 players happy with Brewster. 

Mane can play either wing or through the middle 

Salah in the right and through the middle 

Firmino through the middle 

Brewster through the middle 

Origi on the left and through the middle 

I wonder with Origi stepping up if we sign anyone if he agrees new deal. He's not going to stay playing as few games as he did this year. Seems to be getting his confidence back too 

The Pepe link is interesting, I remember an article about him on one of the stats sites early in the season where he was touted as a potential star, but it was pretty limited data. I trust Edwards pretty strongly, though, when it comes to attacking players. If he wants him, let's get him.

De Ligt is the one I'm really crossing my fingers for this summer. I know there are a lot of top clubs after him so competition will be fierce but he really would solve our CB problems for years. We could sell Lovren (£20m?), buy De Ligt (£60m?) and not have to buy another centre back for 5 years minimum. VVD, De Ligt, Gomez and Matip, with Hoever coming through? Yes, please. I don't care how much money City have, they're not going to be better than that in the near future.

We do need another attacking option and I can see pursuing Asensio if 1)he's really cheap this summer, which is entirely possible as Madrid seem ready to give up and 2)if Brandt isn't available for the knockdown price or won't come to us for some reason. But again, whoever it ends up being, it will be someone good, and good value - Edwards hasn't missed on an attacking buy in quite a while.

• Upvote 2

I doubt there's anything in the Asensio links, it sounds like the kind of thing Madrid / Barca drop through a mouthpiece whenever they want to drum up business. Like when Barca were leaking they really want to hold onto Cillessen, but they'd sell to us for the right price.

Can see there being a lot of that this summer, as they both need to shift some players.

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Barca were leaking they really want to hold onto Cillessen, but they'd sell to us for the right price.

40ml wasn't it

Cheeky bastards

Just now, Lee909 said:

40ml wasn't it

Cheeky bastards

Yep, think it was about that. Ludicrous for a mid-level back-up keeper. To be fair, it was worth a punt from them, as it looked like we were heading into the season with Migs and Karius.

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Yep, think it was about that. Ludicrous for a mid-level back-up keeper. To be fair, it was worth a punt from them, as it looked like we were heading into the season with Migs and Karius.

I honestly would rather have just kept Mig. He's not great but not really worse 

Think Depay is nailed on to come to us. He's close with Gini which should hopefully help him reign in his issues. Lyon want to move him on because of his reputation coz of that, he'll be cheap (I think). Him and Brandt would be bargains but quality additions and backups to what we have. We can then get spend big money on De Ligt and probably get in 1 more big signing along with some decent signings at full back

Gini was out to see him a couple of weeks back too. Not sure I like it but I guess he will be more rotational but he seems a grade A whopper

• Upvote 1

I think buying from Real/Barca is almost always a bad idea.  You never get anywhere near value for money and if they’re letting a player go they’re usually shite, on the way down or are young but think they’ve achieved it all already.  

50 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

That Jovic is fucking quality 

I don't think we should get a real 9, but I'd make an exception with him. He's got it all. 

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

I think buying from Real/Barca is almost always a bad idea.  You never get anywhere near value for money and if they’re letting a player go they’re usually shite, on the way down or are young but think they’ve achieved it all already.  

Everyone wanted about Kovacic when he was at Madrid and barely playing but he has looked shite at Chelsea apart from a couple of ok games at the start of the season.

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

Absolute bullshit. Alexis, Ozil, Robben, Sneijder, Alonso, etc.