You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He kind of is, to be honest.

I guess we just disagree then.

11 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Based on skills and talent I’m sure he’s good enough.

I believe however, that Klopp will only sign players that he thinks has the right attitude and personality. If Rabiot fits that description I’m sure he’ll be on our radar, and all sorts of other criteria will be taken into consideration.

Klopp can do whatever Klopp wants. I'm just talking about what I'd do. 

1 minute ago, Spring said:

We need a 4th addition to the current attacking trio. Someone you can hear the sighs of dread from the oppo when he's on the sideline waiting to come on.

Leaving A Spas aside, I think we really do. Timo Werner for me would be great. 

Also, I've been on about somebody with dead ball ability for a while. Not sure who is out there and available that could also do what is needed. 

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He kind of is, to be honest. His agent is a cunt, he has a shisha problem, he's a complainer and he publicly refused to be a reserve for the French team at the World Cup which has led to him being basically ostracized from the national team. his own boyhood club has basically sent him to the reserves when their squad has been absolutely ravaged by injury because he's acted like such a bell.

He has a real problem and not just off the pitch. Like I said, he is extremely inconsistent. If he's not careful, he will head down the Balotelli path.

Was that not the sort of profile attributed to Sakho before we bought him ? As such we should body swerve. On a side note think he agitating at Palace cause he wants to play CL . I have no problem with ambition but at some stage it needs to register how much talent you have. 

As a player, I think he ticks a lot of the boxes from what we'd want.

But I think we'd avoid given his wages might be a problem in terms of being in relation to what others get in the squad & although I don't know if it is fair comparing him to Balotelli - there's definitely some question marks about his character.

Also we don't really need him given Fabinho & Wijnaldum are two very good 6s, Henderson another good option too. 

48 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Also, I've been on about somebody with dead ball ability for a while. Not sure who is out there and available that could also do what is needed. 

I hear Juninho Pernambucano is a free agent. Send El Rojo a PM for more.

I can't see us spending big on players aged 27+ (Bale types), have less experience than 2 years (Felix / Sancho) of data to back up the huge spending, aren't team players or suit the way we play (Zaha), have questionable character (Rabiot), injury problems (Fekir)...

I think we will be targeting players between 22-25, ones who very good now but can get even better & have many years ahead of them (Keita, Fabinho types).

Brandt, Werner, Pepe, Dybala etc

Our recruitment seems to target very specific players, ones who suit the way we play, have good characters & are at the age to thrive now & in the future.

There's no need to add risk to our recruitment given our position.  Now I think we'd rather pay more & guarantee we get the right player (Van Dijk, Alisson) than add risk to player recruitment.

I'd think risk is more likely when targeting young er players at the academy, where we look for talent & ones who have the high ceiling. 

For the 1st team we want the floor to be high as well as the ceiling that player could have.  That means a player proving they can deliver over a sustained period of time.  Which is the only reason I'd rule out a Felix or Sancho, as I'm sure they will prove that over time. But why take the risk when we can get a Werner who has proved it already... to use him as an example.

19 minutes ago, Remmie said:

He'll want double what Milner's on

You'd think so considering Milner signed his contract an age ago.  The signing bonus which is normally higher with free transfers is also figured into the wage.

16 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Real Betis will pay just under £20m to sign Giovani Lo Celso from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer.

Weren't we linked with him last summer for a week or 2? Then it went quiet..

Excellent player but not sure he's what we need.

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

A lot is made out of what goes on but it’s all much of ado about not much

the ability to be one of the best midfielders of a generation 

I would disagree here, strongly. 

The difference between a top player and an above average is all about the individual. Someone who has never (nor has had too), push themselves, probably never will tbh.

Rabiot is far more likely to end up in a group selfie with Pogba than be on the cover of Time.

The difference between Mane - and the countless other players in that mold is exactly that -- the individual.

I am comfortable with Klopp getting that part right -- pretty much batting a thousand on that.

8 hours ago, INTORRESTING said:

For the first 11, I think we need a central midfielder that is a goal threat who can take free kicks and shoot from range.  Let's go for Neves.

Also, De Ligt would be amazing.  I love Gomez but I don't think he is durable enough.

For the squad i think we need lb cover - probably Adam Lewis.  Worth a punt on Sessegnon?  Value must have dipped and has the potential to play two positions.

We also need someone better than Origi and Sturridge and someone better than Lallana and Shaq.  I love Shaq but Klopp doesn't so I can't see him staying.  I have a gut feeling about Goetze.

I am sure Mignolet will be upgraded.

Moreno and Lovren are the only 2 left that make me nervous.  Matip has been great so not worried about him anymore.  I think we need to keep the rest - we would be mad to get rid of Milner.

It looks like there will be a hell of a lot of outgoings and if we manage to get 6 in (2 starters, 4 squad) I think we would have an almost perfect squad.

We already have plenty of training cones.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Two players who don't need 15 chances to score 1 should be at the top of the list.

A right back with some kind of defensive capacity. A midfielder who isn't Henderson. A fourth attacker worthy of the name.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Two players who don't need 15 chances to score 1 should be at the top of the list.

Why don't you just fuck off. Cunt of a post. Its shit-houses like you that don't deserve to support this club. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Josef Svejk said:

A right back with some kind of defensive capacity. A midfielder who isn't Henderson. A fourth attacker worthy of the name.

We've got a right-back who was just voted the best in the league. So of course we drop him for a half-fit centre back who hasn't played for 5 months. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

We've got a right-back who was just voted the best in the league. So of course we drop him for a half-fit centre back who hasn't played for 5 months. 

Mistake. Absolutely. But Arnold is dodgy defensively, which is presumably why he was dropped.