You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

55 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Of course, yeah. I don’t think anyone would be able to tell definitively. His talent isn’t as obvious as Sancho or Hudson-Odoi. But he is to end up just short of making it, it won’t be due to his lack of pace. 

Hudson-Odoi's "talent"  isn't obvious to me at all. Just like his mate Loftus-Cheek, an obvious physical specimen who can run a bit but he does what exactly?

File under: Not for me Clive.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Hudson-Odoi's "talent"  isn't obvious to me at all. Just like his mate Loftus-Cheek, an obvious physical specimen who can run a bit but he does what exactly?

Watch this mate.

18 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Well that injury has come to Chelsea aid. Nobody buying Hudson Odoi this summer. Ruptured Achilles

He's out of contract the end of next Season so that could have been his last game unless they manage to get him to sign a new contract.

Just now, J-V said:

He's out of contract the end of next Season so that could have been his last game unless they manage to get him to sign a new contract.

He will probably sign now though. 

Won't want to risk not plying and miss out on the pay bump. You never know if he will ever fully recover

17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Jürgen Klopp is very keen on Lyon midfielder Hossem Aouar & Liverpool are trying to force a transfer. However the French side are very reluctant for the French 20-year-old to leave this summer & only a big offer could make him leave. [@le10sport] #LFC https://t.co/czHxGaMbCM

Isn't he the one Guardiola was creaming himself over?

7 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I’d genuinely never heard of the cunt until the papers were linking him with Bayern.

21 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Jürgen Klopp is very keen on Lyon midfielder Hossem Aouar & Liverpool are trying to force a transfer. However the French side are very reluctant for the French 20-year-old to leave this summer & only a big offer could make him leave. [@le10sport] #LFC https://t.co/czHxGaMbCM

Good player, still has a lot to learn though.

Under previous regimes our transfer window was a triumph of hope over experience. A big name would surface. we would get excited as it actually looked like we might get him, only for Spurs to come in at the last minute. They would pinch him off us. Subsequently Cheslsea would pinch him off them. We would sign someone else. Someone we desperately hoped would miraculously take us on a title charge, when in reality he was bang-average and didn't ever make the first eleven.

Now it feels like we will get our first target. It feels like he'll probably want to come here. He'll probably wanna play for Kloppo. He'll probably actually improve our first eleven. He probably isn't a household name. But he will be. 

I think I done turned into a believer!

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Who has the potential to be better, him or Joao Felix?

Joao Felix from what I've seen is like Firmino. His potential is higher. Aouar is more like Wijnaldum, keeps it simple and technically very good. 

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

We want 40 million euros for Grujić and 9 for Camacho? How much is Origi then, a hundred?

We should easily get 25m for Origi. Given that we want 12m for Ryan Kent and 13m for Awoniyi. Both who have never played a first team game for us. 

Plus 15m for Clyne. Then Lallana and Mignolet.

22 hours ago, viRdjil said:

To be fair he looks rapid from his YouTube comps. I might be wrong though. Thoughts @Dynamite @cinco veces?

Brewster has decent to good pace, not blistering pace. He does however read in game situations better than most at the level he's playing at, which normally gives him the jump on his marker(s).

The attribute that Rhian has over others in his age range is his mentality. This lad has character in abundance. Possibly more so than any young forward prospect we've had in quite some time. Probably as far back as Fowler. His work rate is outstanding, and you couple that with the self confidence the lad has, you've got yourself the kind of talent that Klopp can tap in to.

As has been mentioned, you can't really judge Rhian on his goals at youth level, though the natural instinct in front of goal is a great attribute to have at any level. He's not quite the finisher that Fowler or Owen were, but he's not far off.

I don't like the comparison with Solanke, though I understand why people will compare them, but for me, they are different types of forward.

I think in Firmino, Brewster has the perfect mentor in the first team, and I'd certainly be comfortable with Rhian playing the Firmino role in cup competitions. If he can stay healthy and we can get decent cup runs under our belt, then hopefully Rhian will get much needed minutes in the first team next season.  (I'd also like to see us in the Checkatrade Trophy next season so our youngsters are playing against more experienced teams from League One and Two - It can only be beneficial for the lads to get that exposure, in my opinion).

I like Brewster. I think he's a talent. Will he make it? Who knows, but I look forward to finding out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4