You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

So Werner is a classic no9, but isnt. A slouch but fast. A goal poacher but also a creater. A lethal finisher but wasteful. Nailed on to come here but going to Bayern?

A Faceless Man. 

On 17/04/2019 at 18:20, The Woolster said:

Brewtser is no where near Rashford's level right now.

Brewster probably isn't even better than Ben Woodburn right now.

I mean, I'm exaggerating as Brewster has only been back from injury for a short time now but I honestly think that if he hadn't had the injury he would have a lot of hype around him right now. He's really, really good. Definitely way better than Woodburn, who's stagnated pretty badly and had his loan at Sheffield United end go completely wrong.

But yeah, I'm overstating things I suppose. Probably comes from my underrating Rashford, who is actually a very good player but one I just have an automatic dislike for.

2 hours ago, John102 said:

So Werner is a classic no9, but isnt. A slouch but fast. A goal poacher but also a creater. A lethal finisher but wasteful. Nailed on to come here but going to Bayern?

All you need to know is that he's faster than most slow players. 

4 hours ago, The Woolster said:

Woolster's wishlist

Back-up keeper - I think that Adrian at West Ham and McCarthy at Southampton are 2 good, Premier League standard keepers who are sat on the bench at their clubs. They may want to leave to play games, but I'm sure they'd rather be on our bench than at their current clubs

Wouldn’t you rather just keep Mig? He seemed happy to stay in his last interview?

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

My guess is Bellamy wouldn't make it through the first 10 minutes of speaking to Klopp much less the first 10 minutes of training

Don't mean Bellamy 

I mean a player like him. He was decent for us as a back up, had pace, played wide or through the middle and put a shift in. 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

had pace, played wide or through the middle and put a shift in. 

Well that fits the bill -- not sure Klopp cares about through the middle. He has played both Mane and Salah there and they have scored goals - we have Firmino and will try Brewster. So really we have 4 guys who can cover that one spot, but probably only three to cover two wide spots and that is giving Origi the benefit of the doubt. Don't really see Shaq able to play wide in a front three.

We dont have anyone close to that ability to come in wide

52 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I mean, I'm exaggerating as Brewster has only been back from injury for a short time now but I honestly think that if he hadn't had the injury he would have a lot of hype around him right now. He's really, really good. Definitely way better than Woodburn, who's stagnated pretty badly and had his loan at Sheffield United end go completely wrong.

But yeah, I'm overstating things I suppose. Probably comes from my underrating Rashford, who is actually a very good player but one I just have an automatic dislike for.

Woodburn is only 6 months older than Brewster, has made 11 first team appearances for us, scoring 1 goal, and 10 caps for Wales, scoring 2 goals. Brewster was top scorer at the U17 World Cup, which was a great achievement, but Woodburn has achieved way more. That's not to put Brewster down, he's very talented, and maybe he'll end up the better player, but the evidence, and I'd say the eye test too, says Woodburn is better now.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

60k a week to catch a few balls for a few hours in training every week? No idea why he is happy though. 

Probably not looking forward to telling his wife and kids that they have to uproot their work and schools so he can move them to Latvia on a quarter of the money

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I know it’s pretty fucking far from conclusive, but I reckon a strong sign of Brewster’s quality is how accepted he seems by the senior players already. I mean I know he’s been in rehabilitation with Ox all year but on that new kit video today, he seems totally at home with the big boys and they with him. I can’t see that being the case with any ordinary kid who hasn’t played for the first team.