Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 293 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Oh, aye, probably naive on my part but I like to think if we’d have brought him back on a permanent deal he’d have had to at least drop down to parity with Salah/Mane. We’d have found out just how much he wanted to come back anyway. 

I wouldn’t want him on loan if he was earning more than our best players so I’m glad we didn’t. It just sends the wrong message. 

Well it would appear there wasn't a deal on the table for anyone of a permanent nature that reflected his perceived form over the last year. So a loan with the chance you may make him a more desirable player, coupled with a clause that doesn't take his value above what Barca have paid is your best deal.

Klopp often talks of his "12 month contracts" with his players, so a loan deal sounds fine to me. And if he's earning more than the others, I genuinely don't think that should be any more annoying to them than they earn less than Marcus fucking Rashford. 

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Oh, aye, probably naive on my part but I like to think if we’d have brought him back on a permanent deal he’d have had to at least drop down to parity with Salah/Mane. We’d have found out just how much he wanted to come back anyway. 

I wouldn’t want him on loan if he was earning more than our best players so I’m glad we didn’t. It just sends the wrong message. 

We have a good group of players now with our front three on long term contracts. Everyone seems to be happy. “Mentality monsters” isn’t that the name Klopp’s given them?

How would Bobby, Mo and Sadio feel if the one who didn’t want to commit himself returned only to earn twice as much as the other three?

We can’t do that. We have a wage structure and must stick to it. If Coutinho was desperate to come back to us he’d have to accept a pay cut down to the level of his mate Bobby. He doesn’t seem to want that and prefers to keep his salary and go to Germany instead. Fair enough, it’s a business and I don’t blame him. But he can’t have it both ways.

• Upvote 1

If that was our worry we could have shaped it with more money up front to Barcelona & they could sort something out with his agent while he is technically on the same as Mo. Let's be honest we just didn't want to spend any money this summer. Jurgen has been that brilliant that he has earned the right to make any decisions he feels , but I think FSG will feel the heat if for any reason we end up having to watch the likes of Origi & Lallana too often.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JustTosh said:

We have a good group of players now with our front three on long term contracts. Everyone seems to be happy. “Mentality monsters” isn’t that the name Klopp’s given them?

How would Bobby, Mo and Sadio feel if the one who didn’t want to commit himself returned only to earn twice as much as the other three?

We can’t do that. We have a wage structure and must stick to it. If Coutinho was desperate to come back to us he’d have to accept a pay cut down to the level of his mate Bobby. He doesn’t seem to want that and prefers to keep his salary and go to Germany instead. Fair enough, it’s a business and I don’t blame him. But he can’t have it both ways.

Didn’t Coutinho take a paycut to join Barcelona? I’m sure I’ve read that somewhere. 

5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Didn’t Coutinho take a paycut to join Barcelona? I’m sure I’ve read that somewhere. 

No, he had to pay some of the fee or a bonus fee or something.... think it was several  million which Barcelona presumably paid him back

44 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

When was the last time we made a new signing who went straight on to top wedge with the highest earners? My guess would be Milner.

Van Dijk. Probably Alisson. 

8 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Van Dijk. Probably Alisson. 

I don't reckon they'd have went in to that top bracket. Maybe Van Djik but wasn't he meant to be extending his contract to bring him in line with the top earners? The fact is we make stars we don't buy them and that's what has worked and what will continue to do so. 

At a push I'd take Mbappe mind.

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

He's supposedly on 250k per week there. I think he was on 180 or 200 with us. However the thing with image rights being paid to a services company rather than income tax works here, where he'll need to declare it all as income in Spain. So net is probably a little closer than that. 

I think we were just way more successful than anticipated last season. When the accounts are released I won't surprised to see us at number one in wages. FSG incentivise every single contract, we seen from footyleaks that Bobby was on massive bonuses everytime he scored x amount of goals.  Assuming Sadio and Mo are on something similar, plus the lads at the back on assist and clean sheet bonuses we probably blew all budgets out of the water.

17 minutes ago, No2 said:

I think we were just way more successful than anticipated last season. When the accounts are released I won't surprised to see us at number one in wages. FSG incentivise every single contract, we seen from footyleaks that Bobby was on massive bonuses everytime he scored x amount of goals.  Assuming Sadio and Mo are on something similar, plus the lads at the back on assist and clean sheet bonuses we probably blew all budgets out of the water.

Aah the 'Peter Storrie effect'. Great 

3 hours ago, No2 said:

I think the initial contracts when they join the club are highly incentivised. I think the second contracts are less so. The front 3 I think have more than doubled their originals salaries but a lot of that is by reducing the incentives. 

4 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

At a push I'd take Mbappe mind.

Haha at a push. I'd risk getting pushed off a building just to sniff hi....... I mean so we could sign him. 

We're not signing either Mbappe or Sancho. We should be looking at Havertz, Bergwijn, Maddison and Ndidi. Players that are young and on the cusp of taking the next step.

• Upvote 1

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Liverpool striker Bobby Duncan pulled out of last night’s Premier League 2 match against Southampton.

Duncan wants the opportunity to speak to Fiorentina about a move and is said to be frustrated at Liverpool’s unwillingness to entertain offers.

We are told Liverpool will not allow Duncan to leave on loan and have rejected loan offers from Danish club FC Nordsjaelland and Fiorentina.

The offer from Fiorentina was described to Sky Sports Newsas being “unrealistic and derisory”. Sky Sports News has been told representatives from Fiorentina are arriving in the UK this week in an attempt to find a resolution.

We are told that - while the player wants to leave - he has maintained a professional attitude. Duncan’s contract runs until 2021. He scored 25 goals for the Development squad last season