Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 291 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

Inter not content with buying one useless fat shit striker off United this summer? Where are they getting this money from to chuck down the pisser? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, that reads a little like Klopp trying to deflect from not buying anyone.

 

Cancelo is the most expensive RB in the world - pretty sure Guardiola did not mention anything about Walker needing to get injured.

Don't think he'd need to with the wage & extras they can offer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see it's been announced the loan fee for coutinho was only €8.3m, with them paying all his wages and an option to buy at €120m. Can't believe we weren't in at that price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I see it's been announced the loan fee for coutinho was only €8.3m, with them paying all his wages and an option to buy at €120m. Can't believe we weren't in at that price. 

I dont think we were offered that deal

 

The deal supposedly to us would have cost us 25mil for one season.

 

Wooly did a good breakdown of what each player costs us in true terms and that would have been about 20% higher for the year than we are into Van Dijk for.

 

And that had no purchase option - even if it did we aren't going to pay 110 mil sterling for anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I dont think we were offered that deal

 

The deal supposedly to us would have cost us 25mil for one season.

 

Wooly did a good breakdown of what each player costs us in true terms and that would have been about 20% higher for the year than we are into Van Dijk for.

 

And that had no purchase option - even if it did we aren't going to pay 110 mil sterling for anyone.

I'm sure that offer would have been available to us had we tried, ultimately it's a price Barca were prepared to acceot. Maybe the 25m was wages too? I was told some time ago (maybe a month or 6 weeks ago) by the same fella who told me last autumn we on a wage reduction summer, that we were initially offered coutinho for 30m euros for 2 seasons. That was Barca's starting point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm sure that offer would have been available to us had we tried, ultimately it's a price Barca were prepared to acceot. Maybe the 25m was wages too? I was told some time ago (maybe a month or 6 weeks ago) by the same fella who told me last autumn we on a wage reduction summer, that we were initially offered coutinho for 30m euros for 2 seasons. That was Barca's starting point.

Yea, the fee was 25mil pounds for one season, loan and wages. Ridiculous for a player that would probably be an option from the bench more often than not.

 

Disagree though -- they were hoping to get a couple of clubs interested and certainly thought an English club would come in. Once the window closed there options became very limited and it was a fire sale as there was no way back for him or them at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just on Coutinho, was there ever a precedent at Dortmund of Klopp taking a prodigal son back? I think he was gone with Gotze came back in.

 

Leaving money aside, for a man big on team values, I could see why Klopp might have been reluctant to have anything to do with him again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Just on Coutinho, was there ever a precedent at Dortmund of Klopp taking a prodigal son back? I think he was gone with Gotze came back in.

 

Leaving money aside, for a man big on team values, I could see why Klopp might have been reluctant to have anything to do with him again.

Especially if it was a one off, season loan - difficult to be part of that group dynamic under those circumstances. And can't really leave the money part out -- would be exceedingly difficult to have the most expensive player on the team a rental.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, the fee was 25mil pounds for one season, loan and wages. Ridiculous for a player that would probably be an option from the bench more often than not.

 

Disagree though -- they were hoping to get a couple of clubs interested and certainly thought an English club would come in. Once the window closed there options became very limited and it was a fire sale as there was no way back for him or them at that point.

I'm sure the fire sale could have happened on 8th August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Just on Coutinho, was there ever a precedent at Dortmund of Klopp taking a prodigal son back? I think he was gone with Gotze came back in.

 

Leaving money aside, for a man big on team values, I could see why Klopp might have been reluctant to have anything to do with him again.

He took kagawa back and the lad who went to us for a bit, sahin. And I think he wanted to bring gotze to Liverpool didn't he and we got mane instead because gotze wouldn't join without CL football? 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

He took kagawa back and the lad who went to us for a bit, sahin. And I think he wanted to bring gotze to Liverpool didn't he and we got mane instead because gotze wouldn't join without CL football? 

They were all his played though. Coutinho wasn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coutinho has a 120m buy option which no one will exercise because it's a ridiculous amount. In essence, it's a straight up loan which Klopp would never have gone for because it's not a coherent long term decision.

 

Even if people want to do the "we're broke" argument, we still wouldn't have done it even if it had made financial sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Seems like we couldn't afford to loan Coutinho. Skint?

 

Oh yeah, because we didn't go for Coutinho, we must be in a worse financial state than Bolton or Bury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klopp's own words are "as weird as it sounds, we could not afford him"

 

The reason he adds 'as weird as it sounds' is because he fucking knows it sounds absolutely ludicrous to suggest we couldn't afford him or another major signing. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×