Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 289 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Bayern are rebuilding and he'd likely be a starter for them. He'd be a squad option for us.

I reckon he would play as much as anyone else, but there's every chance Bayern will make him the fulcrum of the team, which I don't think we would as we had before. But life will be easier for him at Bayern than it is at Barca. I hope it goes miserably for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Predicted this would happen.  High profile player to appease the fans now Sane is out, but not the same kind of player so may well struggle to fit into a system that isn't going to adapt to his strengths. 

 

Will just make him all the cheaper next summer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coutinho probably done us more service by leaving even than he did here at the club.

 

Not just the money we got for him, either, I'm talking about the effect he'll have on any player thinking of leaving Liverpool. Next summer, even this summer, when Barca and Real Madrid send their agent contacts behind the scenes to start whispering into our players' ears "come over to Spain, it's sunny, play in the biggest clubs in the world and make 300k/week" they'll be like "yeah, I've seen what can happen and I want no part of it."

 

The so-called "allure of the Spanish big clubs" that was supposedly impossible to turn down is looking easier and easier to turn down by the day. If I'm Mane (or van Dijk, or Salah, or whoever) I'm thinking "Jurgen's made me one of the highest-rated players in world football, why would I want to risk that all falling apart as it could if I move?"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Coutinho probably done us more service by leaving even than he did here at the club.

 

Not just the money we got for him, either, I'm talking about the effect he'll have on any player thinking of leaving Liverpool. Next summer, even this summer, when Barca and Real Madrid send their agent contacts behind the scenes to start whispering into our players' ears "come over to Spain, it's sunny, play in the biggest clubs in the world and make 300k/week" they'll be like "yeah, I've seen what can happen and I want no part of it."

 

The so-called "allure of the Spanish big clubs" that was supposedly impossible to turn down is looking easier and easier to turn down by the day. If I'm Mane (or van Dijk, or Salah, or whoever) I'm thinking "Jurgen's made me one of the highest-rated players in world football, why would I want to risk that all falling apart as it could if I move?"

 

They still beat us to Júnior Firpo this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Criminal not to pay £30m for a year loan?! Fuck that, man. Glad we didn't. 

Coutinho would’ve represented as close to a guaranteed success as we could get. That also would have meant that in a few hours time we could line up with Coutinho, Mane, and Bobby and give Salah a rest after playing the full 120 minutes on Wednesday.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Boss said:

 

They still beat us to Júnior Firpo this summer.

I’d be surprised if we actually submitted a bid for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Coutinho would’ve represented as close to a guaranteed success as we could get. That also would have meant that in a few hours time we could line up with Coutinho, Mane, and Bobby and give Salah a rest after playing the full 120 minutes on Wednesday.

Yeah. No. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More like weren't stupid enough to pay £30 million for a year's loan for a player who acted like a cunt to get away from us then found out the grass wasn't actually greener on the other side.

I actually hope it goes well for him over there (unless we draw them somewhere along the line), but after the shit way the wonderful Barca fans have treated him, you just know what he would have been thinking when we handed them their arses in the CL semi 2nd leg, then won the CL itself and the Super Cup.

Nobody will ever need to spell it out to him - he knows he fucked up huge time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Coutinho would’ve represented as close to a guaranteed success as we could get. That also would have meant that in a few hours time we could line up with Coutinho, Mane, and Bobby and give Salah a rest after playing the full 120 minutes on Wednesday.

Bayern are reported to be paying Barca €20m for the year loan and covering his £200k a week wages.

 

There is no fucking way we'd pay the loan fee, let alone the wages for someone who's not a guaranteed starter.

 

People also forgetting what he did to get the move. Do you honestly think Klopp would want him back?

 

The issue that most of us have with selling Coutinho in the first place is that he wasn't and still hasn't been replaced.

 

Amazed Klopp didn't try to sign Pulisic. He looks a fantastic talent. Even at the £58m that Chelsea paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

We couldn’t afford a loan? Yeah right. 

As others have explained, it's a £30 million plus outlay for a player for just one season of service.

 

Do you get off at being this constantly obtuse?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Bayern are reported to be paying Barca €20m for the year loan and covering his £200k a week wages.

 

There is no fucking way we'd pay the loan fee, let alone the wages for someone who's not a guaranteed starter.

 

People also forgetting what he did to get the move. Do you honestly think Klopp would want him back?

 

The issue that most of us have with selling Coutinho in the first place is that he wasn't replaced.

If Coutinho joined us then none of the front three would be a guaranteed starter (not unlike Man City), and that’s the situation we’d like to be in, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll be like James Rodriguez for them. Initially a regular starter showing the occasional flash of the brilliance that first made him a star, before appearances become more sporadic and Bayern decide not to take up the option of a permanent deal. Bayern usually have more success when buying the best players from other Bundesliga teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Em City said:

As others have explained, it's a £30 million plus outlay for a player for just one season of service.

 

Do you get off at being this constantly obtuse?

 

Suck my dick.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Suck my dick.

 

Mature.

 

Go wank off to your Harry McGuire poster, soft lad.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Trumo said:

He'll be like James Rodriguez for them. Initially a regular starter showing the occasional flash of the brilliance that first made him a star, before appearances become more sporadic and Bayern decide not to take up the option of a permanent deal. Bayern usually have more success when buying the best players from other Bundesliga teams.

Or like Robben/Ribery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Bayern are reported to be paying Barca €20m for the year loan and covering his £200k a week wages.

 

There is no fucking way we'd pay the loan fee, let alone the wages for someone who's not a guaranteed starter.

 

People also forgetting what he did to get the move. Do you honestly think Klopp would want him back?

 

The issue that most of us have with selling Coutinho in the first place is that he wasn't and still hasn't been replaced.

 

Amazed Klopp didn't try to sign Pulisic. He looks a fantastic talent. Even at the £58m that Chelsea paid.

I don't understand this "not a guaranteed starter" stuff. Our forwards have played all summer. We'll play likely 60 matches this season, we're a guaranteed 50 even if we don't win 1 a cup match. It's like we've been brainwashed to the idea we aren't allowed to rotate. If we play 60 matches this season, it would mean the front three plus any player we'd added (let's say coutinho) could have 45 starts each and that's not considering when coutinho would start in midfield, so they'd probably still get 50 starts each. 

 

 We saw last season we often had 2 or 3 big matches in 7 or 8 days, the idea we could spread that load around 4 top class players is surely a good thing? 

 

20m and 200k a week? When we've got sturridge and Moreno off the wage bill. Sold Ming, Camacho, Ings and I'm sure some others I've forgotten, plus loan fees for gruic and others. We sold solanke in January. On top of this we made 100m last year and I would imagine after a CL win and improved sponsorship deals on the shirt, training shirt and arm of the shirt since, we've managed a similar sort of profit. Money shouldn't have been an issue here, yet we've been brainwashed into thinking it is. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×