Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 285 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I said he'd been vindicated in all of his major decisions and I stand by that. I would include in those major decisions waiting for VvD instead of signing an alternative, selling Coutinho, introducing TAA and Gomez into the first team, replacing Karius with Alisson instead of spending that part of his budget on an attacker and holding onto Origi. Do you disagree with any of those judgement calls he had to make and, if so, why?

I'd have replaced karius 12 months before. 

He didn't choose to hold on to origi, the club wanted to sell - that includes klopp. The club accepted a bid from wolves, origi turned it down. Nobody else would bid for him at a price Liverpool would trade. He didn't choose to keep him, he was stuck with him and did what all good managers do, try to make a silk purse from a sow's ear. 

With a different budget, I'd have replaced coutinho and bought the players we did. We were after all told at the time we did indeed have that money. I remember arguing on here it was all arse and we'd sell to buy. I think with the budget constraints placed on him by fsg, he made a good call getting vvd and alisson. Coutinho would improve us now. Watching Chamberlain do whatever that was on the left wing last night should tell you that.

Giving Trent a go when he did was also necessity. The squad was bare. I am pretty sure klopp is on record saying he had to bring in Trent earlier than he wanted. 

I can keep going. Klopp is great, you will not get an argument from me on that. Our owners are interested in cash and not winning trophies. However, my point is klopp has sometimes caught some decent breaks (see origi) but he's also been bitten in the arse (see karius). Not everything has worked out and I'm convinced it's not part of a master plan as some think on here. Klopp is very often a reactive manager, he has to be because of our owners. Fortunately, he's pretty good at it.

9 minutes ago, moof said:

So if we lived in a fantasy world and you got everything you wanted we would’ve won the everything. Searing fucking insight there buddy

You're on ignore from now. You're a fucking bellend. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

I'd have replaced karius 12 months before. 

He didn't choose to hold on to origi, the club wanted to sell - that includes klopp. The club accepted a bid from wolves, origi turned it down. Nobody else would bid for him at a price Liverpool would trade. He didn't choose to keep him, he was stuck with him and did what all good managers do, try to make a silk purse from a sow's ear. 

With a different budget, I'd have replaced coutinho and bought the players we did. We were after all told at the time we did indeed have that money. I remember arguing on here it was all arse and we'd sell to buy. I think with the budget constraints placed on him by fsg, he made a good call getting vvd and alisson. Coutinho would improve us now. Watching Chamberlain do whatever that was on the left wing last night should tell you that.

Giving Trent a go when he did was also necessity. The squad was bare. I am pretty sure klopp is on record saying he had to bring in Trent earlier than he wanted. 

I can keep going. Klopp is great, you will not get an argument from me on that. Our owners are interested in cash and not winning trophies. However, my point is klopp has sometimes caught some decent breaks (see origi) but he's also been bitten in the arse (see karius). Not everything has worked out and I'm convinced it's not part of a master plan as some think on here. Klopp is very often a reactive manager, he has to be because of our owners. Fortunately, he's pretty good at it.

Fuck me.

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

Which bit don't you agree with? 

The general points you make that Klopp has things foisted upon him, is a reactive manager and didn't plan our success.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

The general points you make that Klopp has things foisted upon him, is a reactive manager and didn't plan our success.

He is reactive? He drops targets all the time and moves on to completely different style players. 

15 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Don't deliberately act the cunt and no one will call you out on it. 

Take your own advice dickhead 

22 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

You're on ignore from now. You're a fucking bellend. 

At least I still get to read your wonderful posts so not all is lost 

9 minutes ago, TK421 said:

So you don't think he is reactive? He said himself in preseason as we can't afford to buy we would need to react to situations. Choosing alisson when fekir dell through was reactive. The plan was to buy fekir. He's used origi (who he was willing to sell) once he realised sturridge was done, that was reactive. The plan was to sell origi. 

And budget wise, he absolutely does not control the budget. It is foisted on him. Origi choosing to stay instead of joining wolves is foisted on him. Fekir failing his medical was foisted on him. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

So you don't think he is reactive? He said himself in preseason as we can't afford to buy we would need to react to situations. Choosing alisson when fekir dell through was reactive. The plan was to buy fekir. He's used origi (who he was willing to sell) once he realised sturridge was done, that was reactive. The plan was to sell origi. 

And budget wise, he absolutely does not control the budget. It is foisted on him. Origi choosing to stay instead of joining wolves is foisted on him. Fekir failing his medical was foisted on him. 

Fair enough, mate, you must know more than me.

12 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

If you mean reactive as in, oh shit, the fella we were in for failed his medical -- lets move onto the other fella we have been scouting for 3 years, maybe.

Of course it would not have made sense to push the Fekir deal based on knowledge gained at the last minute -- do you agree?

5 minutes ago, Seasons said:

I'm genuinely perplexed why you lot haven't been snapped up by The Athletic. 

I'm not supposed to give details publicly until everything is done, but let's just say my "15 Hottest Young Studs of 2019" and Ligue 1 articles haven't gone unnoticed at a certain subscription-based content company. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you mean reactive as in, oh shit, the fella we were in for failed his medical -- lets move onto the other fella we have been scouting for 3 years, maybe.

Of course it would not have made sense to push the Fekir deal based on knowledge gained at the last minute -- do you agree?

It is reactive. We scout literally hundreds if not thousands of players. Fekir failed his medical, we threw out the plan of needing an attacking midfielder to replace coutinho and chose to get a decent keeper, which till that point had been a low priority position. It is the very definition of reactive. 

And being able to be reactive is not a criticism. It's really tough to do (and get right). I think we do make some choices based on long term plans. I think we make just as many reactively. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Sky: Lovren ready for Roma: Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren has reportedly agreed terms with Roma ahead of a possible €25m transfer. https://t.co/SAq4kfbgrJ

I read somewhere earlier today (maybe TIA) that Roma are pushing to take him on loan and with a buy clause with a certain number of appearances. 

It is reactive. We scout literally hundreds if not thousands of players. Fekir failed his medical, we threw out the plan of needing an attacking midfielder to replace coutinho and chose to get a decent keeper, which till that point had been a low priority position. It is the very definition of reactive. 

And being able to be reactive is not a criticism. It's really tough to do (and get right). I think we do make some choices based on long term plans. I think we make just as many reactively. 

You may not be familiar with "best player available". It is a strategy used in all sports. I think what you would consider reactive is actually well thought out.

5 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Don't go Brechin my heart 

Do we though? Or is he just selective? 

For instance, if I went into a sweet shop and wanted some chocolate, something jelly-based and a drink, I might go in and think actually, I only have £1.50. So I might buy the chocolate instead as it's £1 and the drink for 50p but think, I'll come back for you Haribo but not tell anyone. Now to the shopkeeper - who I told what I was coming in for weirdly - it looks like I was reactive but really, I'll come back for the Haribo when I steal some money out of my ma's purse. That could be next week or next month. 

Does that make me reactive? Or is it a long-term strategy to get all the sweets I'd like?