Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 283 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Origi was here last season, he’s not replaced anyone. 

A kid without a first team team appearance has replaced an established CB who has played in a World Cup final? 

Milner has already told the manager he doesn’t want to play LB. 

You’re happy playing the whole season with 1 RB, 1 LB and 3 CB’s? 

Thats stupidity. 

Yes, I'm very happy with the squad and the manager.  They're doing a great job. 

10 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Only having an unfit shit Lallana to bring on in a final we should/could have won? 

Probably thought he's got an established player there and couldn't find a replacement just yet. 

6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Yes, I'm very happy with the squad and the manager.  They're doing a great job. 

You can love the manager, think he’s doing a great job and still think he’s made shit decisions. 

I’ve thought it about Rafa, Kenny and Klopp. 

Just now, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

If only Klopp could soak up some of the wisdom of online experts.

Then stupid internet cunts like us would have nothing to post about. 

You can love the manager, think he’s doing a great job and still think he’s made shit decisions. 

I’ve thought it about Rafa, Kenny and Klopp. 

Of course, but as Paul says Klopp has been fully vindicated in all major decisions he has made.  The results speak for themselves and now we have the silverwear to back it up. 

If you think letting Sturridge and Moreno go are mistakes then I vehemently disagree.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Probably thought he's got an established player there and couldn't find a replacement just yet. 

He had Chamberlin in the form of his life go out just a few weeks earlier - seems a little like I want an Oompah Loompah NOW!!

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He had Chamberlin in the form of his life

That's true but as we've already established in this mini thread that using other players to cover an empty role is a fucking stupid decision even if you love Klopp. You must replace from the outside, not from within. 

Fuck sake Howie, keep up. 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Sorry pal, was over in the Breakfast thread -- Brown Sauce issues -- scenes etc...

Popped in there before and dribbled a bit of vom down my shirt. 

How Usher is allowing this behaviour is beyond me. TLW dropping to lower levels by the day. 

15 minutes ago, TK421 said:

If you think letting Sturridge and Moreno go are mistakes then I vehemently disagree.  

Where have I ever said that???

They both should have been binned fucking ages ago. 

They should have been replaced though. That’s my very obvious fucking point. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

They should have been replaced though. That’s my very obvious fucking point. 

I know that's your point.  Calm down, love.

Personally I don't think it makes much difference because they both had a negligible impact on first team proceedings and there are other players ready to step in. 

21 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Of course, but as Paul says Klopp has been fully vindicated in all major decisions he has made.  The results speak for themselves and now we have the silverwear to back it up. 

Silver-Slim-Fit-Shiny-Tuxedo-19067.jpg

57 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I know that's your point.  Calm down, love.

Personally I don't think it makes much difference because they both had a negligible impact on first team proceedings and there are other players ready to step in. 

And the owners are happy with that instead of spending money on players who would have an impact. 

You had the guy from the beeb (can’t remember his name, Ornstein?) say we only had a budget of £15m and the FSG fanboys come out in force to slag him off. 

Barry posts he’s been told this summer is all about reducing the wage bill and not buying anyone. 

Again he got slated for it. 

The owners don’t want to win, they want to make money. If we win when we make them money it’s a bonus. 

I won’t blow smoke up their arse for doing the bare minimum. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Ah, so it's FSG's fault now and not Klopp's?  Make your mind up.

FSG set the budget, Klopp spends it. Or not. 

Is it really that difficult to comprehend? 

FSG set the budget, Klopp spends it. Or not. 

Is it really that difficult to comprehend? 

Frankly, yes.  Who are you blaming here?  FSG for not providing a budget, or Klopp for refusing to spend what is purportedly available?  Or are both at fault for this travesty of asset stripping?   Help a brother out.

5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Frankly, yes.  Who are you blaming here?  FSG for not providing a budget, or Klopp for refusing to spend what is purportedly available?  Or are both at fault for this travesty of asset stripping?   Help a brother out.

FSG haven’t provided the budget they should have this summer. 

Klopp has been naive if he thinks this squad couldn’t be improved.

You're not daft so don’t pretend to be mate. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

FSG haven’t provided the budget they should have this summer. 

Klopp has been naive if he thinks this squad couldn’t be improved.

You're not daft so don’t pretend to be mate. 

I don't think that makes him naive at all.  If there was one word I wouldn't use to describe Klopp it would be naive.  It makes him someone who has agreed to work within reasonably defined parameters.

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I don't think that makes him naive at all.  If there was one word I wouldn't use to describe Klopp it would be naive.  It makes him someone who has agreed to work within reasonably defined parameters.

£15m, if true is not a reasonably defined parameter for European Champions, not if you want to progress and compete anyway. 

The first 11 is fine, but players need competition and we would be lucky if they all stay fit and available. 

1 minute ago, Marko121 said:

£15m, if true is not a reasonably defined parameter for European Champions, not if you want to progress and compete anyway. 

The first 11 is fine, but players need competition and we would be lucky if they all stay fit and available. 

That's just an arbitrary figure provided by one journalist.  We have a very good squad packed full of expensive signings on big contracts, and that includes the back up players.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

That's just an arbitrary figure provided by one journalist.  We have a very good squad packed full of expensive signings on big contracts, and that includes the back up players.

The squad is good, but expensive and big contracts mean nothing when the players have little competition for their place and the back up players are too much of a drop off in quality, just my opinion. 

We have not been in a better position to strengthen the overall squad for many a year, this was the year to put their hands in their pockets. 

1 minute ago, Marko121 said:

The squad is good, but expensive and big contracts mean nothing when the players have little competition for their place and the back up players are too much of a drop off in quality, just my opinion. 

We have not been in a better position to strengthen the overall squad for many a year, this was the year to put their hands in their pockets. 

I don't buy into the big drop off in quality theory.  The last time it was put to the test we won the Champions League.