You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

10 hours ago, TK421 said:

I think you're viewing this too much through LFC-tinted specs.  Both clubs here made good signings that will improve them.  You lambast Arsenal for not signing defenders, seemingly ignoring their capture of David Luiz.  They should have sold Aubameyang?  I mean, why?  Strange comment.  No mention of Saliba or Tierney, either. 

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

Saliba is a good signing for the long-term, but obviously won't help them this season. Tierney is their best signing and I should have mentioned him. He's the main reason they weren't a 3/10.

And yes, they have too many attackers and they should have sold one of them to make room.  The problem is that they sold the wrong one. I know many on here think Iwobi is shite but I think he's like Oxlade-Chamberlain or Gnabry - you think he's crap and then he moves away from Arsenal and he's good. Granted, Everton is not a great place for him to land but they would have been much better off cashing in on Aubameyang while they could still get big money for him, because when his legs go he'll be next to worthless. He might be good this year but in a year or two he'll be to Arsenal what Alexis Sanchez is to United right now - a massively overpaid, over-the-hill attacker they can't get rid of.

8 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

Saliba is a good signing for the long-term, but obviously won't help them this season. Tierney is their best signing and I should have mentioned him. He's the main reason they weren't a 3/10.

And yes, they have too many attackers and they should have sold one of them to make room.  The problem is that they sold the wrong one. I know many on here think Iwobi is shite but I think he's like Oxlade-Chamberlain or Gnabry - you think he's crap and then he moves away from Arsenal and he's good. Granted, Everton is not a great place for him to land but they would have been much better off cashing in on Aubameyang while they could still get big money for him, because when his legs go he'll be next to worthless. He might be good this year but in a year or two he'll be to Arsenal what Alexis Sanchez is to United right now - a massively overpaid, over-the-hill attacker they can't get rid of.

Aubamayang scores shitloads of goals and Iwobi doesn't.  Not a hard decision for Emery, in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Dejan Lovren is on the verge of joining AS Roma on a loan deal with a permanent move obligation. Liverpool are hoping to earn €20m from the deal in total. #LFC

I know there will be complaints about yachts and the owners bleeding us dry, but I'd be hugely in favour of that move.

If Sepp van der Whatever is even half-decent then he and Hoever between them can provide as much quality as the fourth-choice CB as Lovren would. Put the money in the bank for next summer's Mbappe/Sancho/Havertz megadeal-fest.

16 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I know there will be complaints about yachts and the owners bleeding us dry, but I'd be hugely in favour of that move.

If Sepp van der Whatever is even half-decent then he and Hoever between them can provide as much quality as the fourth-choice CB as Lovren would. Put the money in the bank for next summer's Mbappe/Sancho/Havertz megadeal-fest.

It’s pretty clear Van den Berg and Hoever are miles away from performing at the same level as Lovren.

Maybe in about 3 or 4 years when they’re old enough to shave.

I can see us letting Lovren go though because he’s fourth choice and might want to play more, plus this is the last chance for us to get any cash for him.

Lovren is better than 90% of defenders in the top leagues in Europe. Yeah he makes the odd clanger outside of the very elite they all do. Fuck me people on here go on about him like he's Mustafi or Boumsong back in the day. He's a bloody good defender who has been a major part of the squad that's got the 3 European finals in 3 years, oh and a world cup final

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

More weakening of the squad.

Now I may be wide of the mark here, and correct me if I’m wrong, but you appear to be the sort of person that would slag Lovren at any opportunity but given this is a chance to pile into the owners you’re on it like a fat kid on cake. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

Now I may be wide of the mark here, and correct me if I’m wrong, but you appear to be the sort of person that would slag Lovren at any opportunity but given this is a chance to pile into the owners you’re on it like a fat kid on cake. 

What’s with the fat shaming? Any more of it and I’m going to bounce on you till you’re flat. Do you really want some of this? Do you? Eh? Eh?

Fat-guy-wrestling.gif

Bet you wouldn’t tolerate anyone calling the Weeble chunky....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Anyway, back to business. Lovren - no. I wouldn’t want him sold now as the young lad didn’t have the best of times in the U21 game the other night. He’s going to need time to bed in, and we’ve let Phillips go out on loan.

Hang onto him for this season, let Hoever and Sepp get some minutes and show they’re reliable first time options before risking leaving ourselves short-handed for the sake of a few quid.

Next summer will be a Southampton exodus with him, Lallana and Clyne all off at once.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Very wide. If you are getting rid of Lovren, do it earlier and allow however is taking his slot to bed in. Don't get rid of him when the transfer window is shut, its pointless.

We've only played one game and already lost Alisson and all he did was kick a ball at a goal kick, showing how easy these things can come.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

If only we'd signed a back-up keeper beforehand. Shocking lack of foresight from Klopp.

It being the keeper is not the point. The point is these injuries can occur quite easily, see Sane and now Alisson. Alisson is one of our World Class players, lets hope none of the others pick up knocks. It wouldn't surprise me if it was due to being overplayed.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

It being the keeper is not the point. The point is these injuries can occur quite easily, see Sane and now Alisson. Alisson is one of our World Class players, lets hope none of the others pick up knocks. It wouldn't surprise me if it was due to being overplayed.

I agree with you that we shouldn't let Lovren go but we don't know Klopp's views on this.  Maybe he thinks Hoever is ready to take the step up and trusts him as fourth choice?  Maybe he won't leave?  No point crying over milk what has not been spilt yet, as the saying goes.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

What’s with the fat shaming? Any more of it and I’m going to bounce on you till you’re flat. Do you really want some of this? Do you? Eh? Eh?

Fat-guy-wrestling.gif

Bet you wouldn’t tolerate anyone calling the Weeble chunky....

I was unsure whether to rep or neg this. And when in doubt neg has always been my philosophy.