Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 264 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It's been shit. I like buying players. I like the summer transfer window. The to and fro of negotiation. I like getting excited about new players and then seeing them play. It's been like that all my life. 

None of that shit this season. Fucking Adam Lallana playing defensive midfield or whatever it's called these days. 

Yes, I am spoilt. 

Just think of Ads and the Ox as presents that you left wrapped.  Little gifts of sunshine :-)

20 minutes ago, No2 said:

Robbo was interviewed for the football daily podcast on the BBC and he basically said it was always Klopps plan not to buy anyone.

I've been saying this for weeks that it's Klopp and not FSG. I don't get why people can't see this.

Ever since he came here, he has preferred to work with what he has mostly.

As for Coutinho, there was no way that we'd buy him back. Just glad he's not going to a rival.

5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Just think of Ads and the Ox as presents that you left wrapped.  Little gifts of sunshine :-)

Yeah just like Christmas presents - they break after a bit of play. 

Summary of reponses to posts on my Twitter timeline:

"Big mistake not to bring anyone in, sell to buy again"

"Fuck off and support Man City"

"I'm a top red and saw King Kenny play, you're just a Justin Bieber Virgin cunt"

"FSG will spend big next season yer fucking whopper"

"Who is gonna improve our first team then you FIFA cunt"

"Anyone who slags the owners off is a nonce"

16 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I've been saying this for weeks that it's Klopp and not FSG. I don't get why people can't see this.

As for Coutinho, there was no way that we'd buy him back. Just glad he's not going to a rival.

My concern is that that Utd, City, Tottenham and Arsenal have all strengthened, only time will tell how well but even one or two signings to freshen up the squad would have been a good idea in my opinion. in all honesty we were miles better than all the above last season but you don't want to give them a boost by letting them close the gap. Pepe would have been a good addition. 

4 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I've been saying this for weeks that it's Klopp and not FSG. I don't get why people don't get this.

Maybe, but there is that "bills to pay" quote from that presser that seems to suggest otherwise. Who knows.

People forget though that last year Klopp was fully prepared to stick it out with Karius until Alisson unexpectedly became available, so this whole financial prudence and "wait for the right man or buy nobody" attitude does seem to be coming from Klopp, at least partly. That's not to say the owners aren't tightarses as well, but it seems that it's at least not 100% on them.

Where I disagree with a lot of people is in thinking that this is in any way as clever or shrewd as is made out. Can you imagine the difference last year with another 9 months of Karius? Alisson's won us countless league points already and directly kept us in the CL with that save v Napoli, but if Roma had never softened their stance on a sale I fail to see the logic in keeping a shite keeper way below the standard just because our number one pick wasn't available.

Similarly now while it's true our team is the strongest it's been in many years, it's only one or two injuries from falling apart, and not investing in players because exactly who we want isn't available doesn't and never will make sense to me. If we get as lucky with injuries to key players as we did last season it could still be a great year, I just hope the summer doesn't end up as one big regret.

43 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

If it is on Jurgen I hope he keeps his gob shut come december. He's always quick to whinge about too many games.

Also his car analogy was crap.

• Downvote 9

25 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Summary of reponses to posts on my Twitter timeline:

"Big mistake not to bring anyone in, sell to buy again"

"Fuck off and support Man City"

"I'm a top red and saw King Kenny play, you're just a Justin Bieber Virgin cunt"

"FSG will spend big next season yer fucking whopper"

"Who is gonna improve our first team then you FIFA cunt"

"Anyone who slags the owners off is a nonce"

It frustrates the life out of me.

I don't like the owners, never have and never will. And I think Klopp is misguided in not signing another forward - I still think he's the best manager in the world. 

13 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

If they let Shaq go I'm taking a sledgehammer to my bollocks. That'll learn them.

Show me round your fruitcakes 

47 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It was pretty much reported in the press we paid a don't be a bunch of cunts tax! And they didn't want to do it there and then, because they wanted to show their fans they could stand up to us, their fans were going mental and wanted us fucked by the PL. This is a nice compromise for everyone. 

If that was the case then they wouldn’t have gone through and reported us to the league no? It became out of their control once they actually submitted their complaint to the PL.

58 minutes ago, TK421 said:

A Lynx Java gift set and a Ricky Hatton narrated sporting bloopers DVD.

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A Lynx Java gift set and a Ricky Hatton narrated sporting bloopers DVD.

If you have family who send Java not Africa then you seriously need to re-assess if they even are your family. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

If you have family who send Java not Africa then you seriously need to re-assess if they even are your family. 

Exactly. They should have stayed wrapped. 

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Id rather listen to Klopp and he says it's financial. 

Ornstein at the BBC saying Spurs have agreed a fee with Betis for Lo Celso. Finalised tomorrow.

From BBC footy:

Philippe Coutinho: Spurs end interest in Barca midfielder

Bit like me ending my interest in Margot Robbie when she refused to come round my house dressed as Harley Quinn. 

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

From BBC footy:

Philippe Coutinho: Spurs end interest in Barca midfielder

Bit like me ending my interest in Margot Robbie when she refused to come round my house dressed as Harley Quinn. 

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

If that was the case then they wouldn’t have gone through and reported us to the league no? It became out of their control once they actually submitted their complaint to the PL.

I don't think so. It was dropped because of lack of evidence and the PL could pick it up again if more evidence was submitted. All Southampton had to do was submit the evidence. 

1 hour ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Maybe, but there is that "bills to pay" quote from that presser that seems to suggest otherwise. Who knows.

People forget though that last year Klopp was fully prepared to stick it out with Karius until Alisson unexpectedly became available, so this whole financial prudence and "wait for the right man or buy nobody" attitude does seem to be coming from Klopp, at least partly. That's not to say the owners aren't tightarses as well, but it seems that it's at least not 100% on them.

Where I disagree with a lot of people is in thinking that this is in any way as clever or shrewd as is made out. Can you imagine the difference last year with another 9 months of Karius? Alisson's won us countless league points already and directly kept us in the CL with that save v Napoli, but if Roma had never softened their stance on a sale I fail to see the logic in keeping a shite keeper way below the standard just because our number one pick wasn't available.

Similarly now while it's true our team is the strongest it's been in many years, it's only one or two injuries from falling apart, and not investing in players because exactly who we want isn't available doesn't and never will make sense to me. If we get as lucky with injuries to key players as we did last season it could still be a great year, I just hope the summer doesn't end up as one big regret.

Alisson was always available. He just wasn't available to us when we were allocating our funds to fekir. Once fekir was finished, alisson became available as we then had the funds. If we'd have signed fekir, we'd still have karius.