You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Alasdair GoldVerified account @AlasdairGold 29m29 minutes ago

I don't believe there's much in the Coutinho links from a Spurs perspective. Seems more like noise while they try to get other deals done. Spurs weren't looking for a Ceballos loan so aren't likely to pay mega money for another one, regardless of how good the older Coutinho is.

32 minutes ago, niallers said:

Didn't poch want him when he was at saints as he had played for him when he was with espanyol? 

I think if he didn't leave like he did, he'd have been back already.

Sky were just saying the Espanyol link, also reckoned Poch had phoned him personally!

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If he is being whored around for a loan then surely we’ve got to be interested. It makes too much sense, although maybe not with such a big loan fee. The fact that they still owe us the money should put us in a good place to negotiate. 

Echo said a few weeks ago that most of the fee had been paid.

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If he is being whored around for a loan then surely we’ve got to be interested. It makes too much sense, although maybe not with such a big loan fee. The fact that they still owe us the money should put us in a good position to negotiate. 

Just speculation but I don't think paying something like 25m for a loan is something we would do. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

Fucks sake this club. Lets give everyone around us a free hit to try and catchup.

And what happened about our youth policy this summer? The summer of youth instead of signings? Brewster couldn't even make the bench for the Charity Shield and Kent and Wilson are off.

This is why I said Jurgen perplexes me, he's a genius but fucking odd sometimes, and not only that totally contradicts himself.. How can you go into this season, weaker than last?

And don't start on Lallana and Ox. Those two will break down four weeks after the window shuts and we'll be back down to the barebones again.

Fuuuuuuuck.

• Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Would Levy sell Eriksen to a domestic rival? Would Spurs pay an astronomical loan fee? I would guess the answer is no to both of those questions.

Not sure about the first. Ericksen won’t sign a new contract. Levy won’t want to lose him on a free next summer because outgoings involving the word free are not in his DNA. Once the PL transfer window shuts foreign teams may try to lowball him knowing they’re over a barrel.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Who would you rather though.... Coutinho or Eriksen?

(Don't spunk we aren't getting either, its just hypothetical) 

Coutinho. Higher ceiling, a more natural forward, as close as guaranteed success as you get really.