You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

5 minutes ago, Baltar said:

So spuds are signing Fernandes, United are signing Eriksen, and Arsenal are getting Coutinho on loan. And we don't have a proper midfield playmaker. Any logical reason for why we are not in for any of the aforementioned trio? 

Is any of that actually going to happen, though?

21 minutes ago, Baltar said:

So spuds are signing Fernandes, United are signing Eriksen, and Arsenal are getting Coutinho on loan. And we don't have a proper midfield playmaker. Any logical reason for why we are not in for any of the aforementioned trio? 

None of these deals are happening, mate.

I doubt any other english club would even try to get him if they knew we were submitting a bid to bring him back. Waste of time as there's no way he'd choose any of them over us. Not just because of the sentimental reasons, but because of the fact that we're one of the best sides in Europe. 

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Surprised at the cash spurs have to spend considering they have just built a hell of a brand new stadium.

They're awash with cash - they finished fourth in the league and reached the Champions League final...

• Like 1

On 18/04/2019 at 14:44, The Woolster said:

Woolster's wishlist

Lozano - from what I have seen of him, which isn't loads I must admit, Lozano would be a perfect fit for the way we play, goals, pressing, workrate, determination etc.

Back-up keeper - I think that Adrian at West Ham and McCarthy at Southampton are 2 good, Premier League standard keepers who are sat on the bench at their clubs. They may want to leave to play games, but I'm sure they'd rather be on our bench than at their current clubs

Back-up left back - No fucking idea. I'd go for a seasoned pro who could perhaps also cover at right back, like a full back version of Klavan.

Wildcard - This time last year I was touting Son who was down to the last year of his contract. Well this year, Eriksen is down to the last year, and as yet doesn't look like extending. Would he cost a shit load? Yes. Is it likely to happen? No. But fuck it, its a wishlist.

Glad to see the Liverpool scouts are following my suggestions again...

Now go buy Lozano or Eriksen!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Agt Provocateur said:

This shortage of goalscoring cover is galling. 

It's a gamble, but I can see the sense in it. 

If we're serious about attracting the likes of Brewster and Elliott, then we have to back that up by giving them a route to first team minutes. 

If those two are decent, then we have the strongest squad I can remember.  We can field two teams with the same dynamic and style of play, effectively.

I don't think we'll see Mane and Salah start all the games together.  I think Klopp will split them up and use one wide position to get Elliott, Shaqiri and Origi game time. 

We saw vs City how effective we are while effectively carrying Origi on the left side for a period.  And I think Brewster has a lot of the Firmino traits in him.  He's certainly an upgrade on Sturridge and Solanke, if only based on movement and speed. 

• Upvote 1