You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Regardless of that lads workings out. Shit costs more year after year, that's a fact of life. Watcha gonna do. It probably is a case of us spending big next year because we will sell one or two of our front 3 to fund it, they'd be right too!  as they're getting on a bit.

Weird, we are one of the biggest teams on the planet, world wide famous but we seem to run a budget tighter than Tighty Mctight the tight arse titan. It's not a bad thing but shit if ever theres a time to strike it's when youre on the crest of the wave. Next summer we could be last years news. Look all I'm saying is buy a superstar immediately.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

If one of Mane, Firmino or Salah is long term injured and Origi has to play most games then watch his cult status change to a word very similar to cult quite quickly with the knee-jerk bunch. 

He’s had a dream few games for us. Career defining in fact. But he’s no front man in a team looking to consistently challenge. In fact, he’s no back up front man either. 

Yep. Agree with this. I’m ok with him coming on a sub in some matches but if he’s starting a number of games for us we’ll be in trouble

For my money i don't think the squad needs massive work, or that we need to spend a lot of money - but it does have areas that I expected us to improve on to really help us push again this year.

The first area is in attack - I am pretty concerned about the front 3 this season, because of the way things have fallen and their virtual lack of a proper pre season for us. It will IMHO mean a possible slow start from them as they pick up sharpness/catch up fitness, maybe they will even be held back and we'll have to play games early in season without 1 or more of them. 

There is a possibility of us seeing fading from them as the season wears on......we have a lot of games to potentially play, especially when we get to Christmas/New Year and this World Club lark starts and the usual busy festive period.....all 3 as i say will possibly find it hard at times due to poor pre season prep (pre season prep is something Klopp puts a lot of stock in) and due to the amount of footy they have all played over last year.

I really think the addition of a versatile forward woild have been a good idea to come in as cover, play the odd game from start when one of the front 3 needs a rest, come on and see games out so we can give one of them a bit of rest in games we are cruising (or win one if it hasn't quite been happening) and of course in the unhappy event of any lengthy spell out for one of them come in a do a job.

Origi through the middle as a goal threat is decent, (not so sure when Klopp asks him to play wider) the wider spots are much less well covered IMHO...I don't want to see square pegs in there like Lallana or Oxlade and the other options don't cut it for me.

There is going to be enough minutes across all comps to go round for my money to get someone in and keep all happy....a quality addition in there for me would really help manage any problems and provide us with answers and could be crucial.

The other areas i would have looked at are the full back back ups - i know it is tricky as we have two really boss ones in the starting spots, but for me both are so integral to how we play that when either or god forbid both are missing we lose so much - the cover is just not made up of similar types, and when the cover plays we lack threat from the positions a threat that is so important to our style of play.

It isn't easy but finding a couple of pacey, attack minded full backs behind our two would have been a really good idea IMHO...maybe Klopp feels we have enough - i am not sure....even in those slots that are nailed down by the two great lads we are blessed to have on both sides i feel there would be a decent number of minutes for good (similar as can get) cover/back up.

We have a great set of lads, we did great last year - we have a great manager.....but i just can't help feel it looks like we are taking a gamble this year that i don't think we should or we need to....our stock has not been higher for many a year, we have more to aim at in terms of winning things than we have in an age....but we also face incredibly strong opposition to achieve success, with smaller than ever margins for error - one or two of the right players could be the difference IMHO.

• Upvote 2

Hoping we don't get drawn away at any of the top six in the first round of the League Cup and get a few piss easy Man City-esque draws to lower league opposition. Before anyone says it's shite and we need to go out of it asap it will be a good opportunity for the likes of Hoever, Elliott, Brewster, Duncan, Van Den Berg etc to get a decent run of games together rather than risking them in PL games.  Trent played a few games in the League Cup before being eased I to the first team. At least we can have fans of Plymouth, Portsmouth and Ipswich singing sign on and where's yer famous atmosphere on a rainy Tuesday night. 

Not sure why Lovren and Mignolet haven't wanted to leave apart from money. At tgeir age they should be wanting to play as many games as they can. Also believe Kent and Wilson will go and raise about £25-30m.

I think I've reluctantly accepted we aren't buying anyone even though it's a stupid decision, especially the forward line.

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Origi is fine for the last half hour of games or cup games etc but if one of the front three went down for a couple of months I wouldn't fancy seeing him play 6-10 games and have a good impact. 

Chamberlain isn't a wide player, neither is Gini. Wilson not good enough and Lallana is a waste of a squad place as he will be injured quickly enough. He slows the game down too much

Shaqiri?

15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Shaqiri?

Wouldn't say he's close to be consitent enough and it didn't appear that Klopp overly trusted him either. 

The difference last year was City looking to a bench with Jesus and Sane, we look at Origi and Shaqiri. They'll top 95pts again and have de Bruyne and Rodri to add. And didn't have best 3 players stuck playing all summer. 

I think it's one season too many fkr the legs of the front three. We saw Spurs season collapse towards the end after a lack of summer investment 

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Wouldn't say he's close to be consitent enough and it didn't appear that Klopp overly trusted him either. 

The difference last year was City looking to a bench with Jesus and Sane, we look at Origi and Shaqiri. They'll top 95pts again and have de Bruyne and Rodri to add. And didn't have best 3 players stuck playing all summer. 

I think it's one season too many fkr the legs of the front three. We saw Spurs season collapse towards the end after a lack of summer investment 

Even dodging injuries, fatigue is a main worry. Especially the way Firmino works his arse off. 

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Paper talk that we’re going to offer £15m for Francois Kamano from Bordeaux. Winger.

Kamanover to my place, hey you, we're having a party!

45 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

City had Aguero and Jesus away as long as Bobby and their keeper was away with Alisson. Mahrez was gone as long as Mane and Sane looks like he's out the door too. They have also lost Kompany, there is no way they won't miss him and it's impossible to quantify what he brought to that club in terms of leadership.

Silva and Fernandinho are now mid thirties and will play less than they did last season. Stones will be the new target for the red tops and VAR will keep tabs on Sterling. Mentally that run they went on had to have been a killer too. I can't see them getting anything close to 100 points this year, I reckon both of us will be in and around 89-91 points this season.

• Upvote 2

I reckon you could play anyone ahead of a base of Alisson, the usual back four and Fabinho and still get results.

--------------Alisson-------------

TAA----Matip----VvD------Robertson

-------------Fabinho----------------

-----Lee909----------3 Stacks----

Alan Sex----Moanero---Beef Stroganoff 

Replying to@Kloppistaand@GFFN
Bro, Klopp wanted Pépé. The interest was genuine & high. In any case, Lille President Lopez officially confirmed discussions with Liverpool. Bro, I don’t know why things didn’t go further.

I don’t know if a player will come to Liverpool this window. Klopp wants more players that’s certain. Maybe there are things to say at Liverpool on the differences of opinion inside the club. That is what agents tell me. But I do not want to force another denial.

Pinch of salt obviously...
  • Upvote 1