You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's here for 3 more years. Plenty of time for some kind of succession plan. No need to shit yourself just yet.

If players want to leave, they will get their wish. No one is pushing them out, they do what they want. In any case, the value of our top players has risen so much they are basically un-buyable for any fee that could be considered remotely reasonable. No one is going anywhere but if they want to force themselves out at one point, life goes on.

Three years is nothing mate it will be over in a blink. He's fairly young for a manager which is good for us but he also values his breaks. 

I think FSG are getting away with it due to Klopp. Under a different manager I don't think they would be so fortunate.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Can't get my head round that shit.  We're going into this season as European Champions, justifiably so too.

How the fuck are we worse ?

Yes we're champions of Europe.

How many Champs league winners then don't go out and strengthen their side.

We're at the optimum opportunity to really build on what we have. Yep, again, we don't really want to.

Forget the being worse off shit, we're not building on anything then. Better?

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Wouldn't say we are worse...but we won a knockout competition and come close in the league. i can't see us getting that points haul again unless teams around us have a significant dip again and City have a slow start (unlikely).

We won the CL, but it was on a knifes edge in the semi. One Barca goal and we were out. Its almost unheard of.

So you're writing us off now ?  All because we won't buy an expensive new shiny toy ?

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If players want to leave, they will get their wish.

No that shouldn't be the case. With that attitude you'll get nowhere. You get players sticking around in championship winning teams that are constantly pushing for the best trophies year in year out.

To do that you have to show ambition. Thats why Liverpool sides of old never sat on their hands. i mean they had fucking Rush and Dalglish up front, who could replace them?

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bogman said:

Yes we're champions of Europe.

How many Champs league winners then don't go out and strengthen their side.

We're at the optimum opportunity to really build on what we have. Yep, again, we don't really want to.

Forget the being worse off shit, we're not building on anything then. Better?

And again, all this because we won't buy a shiny new expensive player just to keep some happy ?

No that shouldn't be the case. With that attitude you'll get nowhere. You get players sticking around in championship winning teams that are constantly pushing for the best trophies year in year out.

To do that you have to show ambition. Thats why Liverpool sides of old never sat on their hands. i mean they had fucking Rush and Dalglish up front, who could replace them?

Yeah, hold a gun to their heads.  That'll make 'em give 100% week in and out, just like it did Coutinho.

You should get out of the sun lad, you're drivelling now.

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

The game has changed. You get nothing from hanging on to unhappy players. In any case, no one is in a hurry to leave because as much as you're trying to paint the opposite, we're extremely competently run at the moment. So this whole debate is pointless pant shitting on your part.

Just now, scudger99 said:

And again, all this because we won't buy a shiny new expensive player just to keep some happy ?

Nope.

Just want us to carry on winning shiny trophies.

Don't want to keep hoping and praying neither Mo, Bobby or Mane get busted for too long, as I don't see Big Div or Brewster to being the long term answer if we lose someone long term.

Or a nice bit of creativity in the midfield for games when we need it.

Not saying we spunk a boat load on a Bale or whoever.

My point is, it seems we can't spend without selling our assets.

We need to improve again on last season. We've been here before, or have you walked around blinkered for the last decade?

Anyway, I'm off home then away for a nice break.

Stay safe everyone. 

Just now, scudger99 said:

Yeah, hold a gun to their heads.  That'll make 'em give 100% week in and out, just like it did Coutinho.

You should get out of the sun lad, you're drivelling now.

What did Coutinho compete for you whopper in 5 years. A fucking league cup and a europa league cup and a second place league finish. He won sweet FA. And why? because the team was slow to build and never had enough quality.

You haven't got a clue what you are on about. he gave 5 years and then he got off. By the time he got off we weren't in contention for the league and still in the CL which we lost.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The game has changed. You get nothing from hanging on to unhappy players. In any case, no one is in a hurry to leave because as much as you're trying to paint the opposite, we're extremely competently run at the moment. So this whole debate is pointless pant shitting on your part.

Ah you were doing so well till the end. As usual you've got nothing solid to say so you retort to being a bell. Fine by me.

• Downvote 3

What did Coutinho compete for you whopper in 5 years. A fucking league cup and a europa league cup and a second place league finish. He won sweet FA. And why? because the team was slow to build and never had enough quality.

You haven't got a clue what you are on about. he gave 5 years and then he got off. By the time he got off we weren't in contention for the league and still in the CL which we lost.

What does that have to do with his original statement that we should hold players against their will ?

And I'm the whopper ?  Fuck me, the heat brings all the mongs out like flies on a fresh shite.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ah you were doing so well till the end. As usual you've got nothing solid to say so you retort to being a bell. Fine by me.

Mate, you said we willingly sell players after 3 years as if it was a fact. You said this squad isn't well built. You don't have a clue.

On top of that, you have the most tired shtick a Liverpool fan can have. The whole, "I grew up watching the teams in the 70's and 80's so I want to see ambition" thing. Get over yourself.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

What does that have to do with his original statement that we should hold players against their will ?

And I'm the whopper ?  Fuck me, the heat brings all the mongs out like flies on a fresh shite.

He stated Coutinho didn't he? he left because he was winning fuck all which backs up my point. Players stick around in constantly challenging sides.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Mate, you said we willingly sell players after 3 years as if it was a fact. You said this squad isn't well built. You don't have a clue.

On top of that, you have the most tired shtick a Liverpool fan can have. The whole, "I grew up watching the teams in the 70's and 80's so I want to see ambition" thing. Get over yourself.

Says the man with basketball in his avatar.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

It did mate. But its the future we concentrate on now.

I’d like new players as much as the next guy, but look at what we accomplished last season with a squad that was supposedly not good enough. As far as I’m concerned, Klopp, the players, the back room staff; they’ve earned our trust. 

2 minutes ago, andyj said:

im concerned this not buying anyone policy is going to backfire we saw what it did to spurs and i can see it happening to us we shouldnt be standing still

Mate, spurs got to the champions league final. I’d take that 

• Upvote 1