You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

LIVERPOOL AND EVERTON EYE LLORENTE
Staying in Spain, there are whispers Liverpool and Everton are preparing to do battle over Real Sociedad defender Diego Llorente.

The initial report comes from Basque publication Noticias de Gipuzkoa, which claims the Merseyside duo are both prepared to fork out around £25million for the 25-year-old.

Llorente’s buyout clause is around £43million but Sociedad are said to be willing to negotiate, which suggests the desire to sell the centre-back is greater than Liverpool or Everton’s keenness to buy

De Ligt on whether he could be teaming up with Van Dijk at club level.

"It could happen. He plays for Liverpool, a good club, but I’m not focused on them. I focus on Ajax and then I’ll see where I end up.”

Come and get me plea.

On 08/03/2019 at 18:57, Thoth said:

LIVERPOOL AND EVERTON EYE LLORENTE
Staying in Spain, there are whispers Liverpool and Everton are preparing to do battle over Real Sociedad defender Diego Llorente.

The initial report comes from Basque publication Noticias de Gipuzkoa, which claims the Merseyside duo are both prepared to fork out around £25million for the 25-year-old.

Llorente’s buyout clause is around £43million but Sociedad are said to be willing to negotiate, which suggests the desire to sell the centre-back is greater than Liverpool or Everton’s keenness to buy

Holy cow, that story manages to do a 360 turn in the last sentence rendering the whole story pointless.

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Would you really though?

I would definitely dangle a baby over a balcony for him but that's as far as I would go.

10 hours ago, Boss said:

De Ligt on whether he could be teaming up with Van Dijk at club level.

"It could happen. He plays for Liverpool, a good club, but I’m not focused on them. I focus on Ajax and then I’ll see where I end up.”

Come and get me plea.

Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt admits he would welcome a move to Liverpool this summer – as he would love to play alongside Virgil van Dijk.

The 19-year-old defender was part of an Ajax side that famously dumped three-time reigning European champions Real Madrid out of the Champions League this week, with De Ligt seeing his stock rising on the back of an influential display.

The likes of Barcelona, Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus have all been strongly linked with De Ligt this summer, with his £60million valuation unlikely to prove prohibitive.

But the defender, speaking to Omnisport, has grabbed Jurgen Klopp’s attention by explaining why the chance to play alongside Van Dijk for club and country would certainly make him consider a move to Anfield.

“Virgil is a player who has experience in the top leagues,” De Ligt said.

“Of course you want to learn from him. ‘It’s very useful to play next to him in the Dutch team.

“It could happen [joining Liverpool]. He plays for Liverpool. A nice club.

“But I’m not focused on this. I focus on Ajax. And then I will see where I will end up.”

Barcelona confirmed their interest in signing De Ligt earlier this week, with president Josep Maria Bartomeu saying: “His name is on the table.

“Where there is such talent away from Barcelona, we’re always looking at them.

“It’s a topic that will be discussed in our sports planning which begins in March, with De Jong we felt we had to move quickly because there were many clubs that wanted him.”

Ajax sporting director Marc Overmars has also admitted he was unsure what the future holds for the highly-talented teenager.

10 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt admits he would welcome a move to Liverpool this summer – as he would love to play alongside Virgil van Dijk.

The 19-year-old defender was part of an Ajax side that famously dumped three-time reigning European champions Real Madrid out of the Champions League this week, with De Ligt seeing his stock rising on the back of an influential display.

The likes of Barcelona, Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus have all been strongly linked with De Ligt this summer, with his £60million valuation unlikely to prove prohibitive.

But the defender, speaking to Omnisport, has grabbed Jurgen Klopp’s attention by explaining why the chance to play alongside Van Dijk for club and country would certainly make him consider a move to Anfield.

“Virgil is a player who has experience in the top leagues,” De Ligt said.

“Of course you want to learn from him. ‘It’s very useful to play next to him in the Dutch team.

“It could happen [joining Liverpool]. He plays for Liverpool. A nice club.

“But I’m not focused on this. I focus on Ajax. And then I will see where I will end up.”

Barcelona confirmed their interest in signing De Ligt earlier this week, with president Josep Maria Bartomeu saying: “His name is on the table.

“Where there is such talent away from Barcelona, we’re always looking at them.

“It’s a topic that will be discussed in our sports planning which begins in March, with De Jong we felt we had to move quickly because there were many clubs that wanted him.”

Ajax sporting director Marc Overmars has also admitted he was unsure what the future holds for the highly-talented teenager.

De Ligt ful

One player whose stock has plummeted is Milinkovic-Savic. Imo, he looks like someone who could be one of the best players in the world but he's seemed disinterested this season.

If his price has lowered to the 50-60m range, he could be a great option to play #10/#8. People talk about a player being perfect for the Premier League, he would appear to be exactly that. Big and strong with great technique and flair. 

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

He looks great but would probably be our main signing cost-wise and not sure we do not have other more pressing priorities than central defence.

I would hope the owners are planning on spending 80/100 million without the additional money from selling. We could well have a 200 million spend available. Add 3 top players and we could be the best side in Europe. 

39 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I would hope the owners are planning on spending 80/100 million without the additional money from selling. We could well have a 200 million spend available. Add 3 top players and we could be the best side in Europe. 

Well that would be a first.   I wouldn't hold your breath.