You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

John W. landed his 800 million pound yacht in Copenhagen the other day. Nice boat, guess it needs replacing this summer. 

Our transfer strategy is the bestest in the world, so the money has to used on something besides youngsters. I\d have done the fucking same, when you both have goose and the egg providing for you.

I think/hope we'll sign one good forward. Not sure who fits the bill. I don't watch that much football beside our games these days. I guess we're waiting for the PSG/Real Madrid/Barcelona  business to be done so the market could open up for alot of clubs.

12 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Just to avoid any more confusion and I am damn sure Tony can back me up on this but Skeletor is from fucking Snake Mountain 

https://he-man.fandom.com/wiki/Snake_Mountain

Im astounded verification was required.

King Randor has done so much great work in Eternia and here we are discussing Castle names..... 

33 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Whoever it is, he can fuck off in the summer.

Then return immediately for 67 million. 

That’s Asensio... personally I’d be all over him for that, he’s dropped off a bit at Madrid but he’s fucking class, that left peg of his is brutal.

I can’t see us signing anyone especially now we are back in training.

4 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wish the Echo would just fuck off with their boring "the club don't need any new signings/Liverpool’s transfer strategy is cleverer than everyone else's".

Now they are saying that we don't need another forward because Oxlade-Chamberlain can be deployed as a makeshift centre forward. 

This is bollocks - we all know the answer is Lallana....

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Juve won’t be selling him.

Well with the formidable opposition we would be facing it's probably for the best;

The Toffees are also interested in 19-year-old Italy forward Moise Kean, with Juventus wanting £31m and a buyback clause in any deal. (Mail)

I can’t see us signing anyone of note this summer. The front 3 pick themselves and we’ve got Div, Shaq and Brewster as back up. 

The midfields already overloaded and we’ve got a fully fit Ox and an apprenticeship served Keita to add to it. 

Milner backs up Robbo and Clyne (if he stays) can cover both full back positions while the 4 CB’s are all settled and play for each other.

Mignolet’s staying and he’s an able deputy for the domestic cups. 

I can’t see what position he’s gonna buy for and you’d be thinking twice about how many minutes you’d get for us if you were a player on the brink of your breakthrough season.

We’ve got a lot out of players out of contract next summer and I can’t see a rebuild until then. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I can’t see us signing anyone of note this summer. The front 3 pick themselves and we’ve got Div, Shaq and Brewster as back up. 

The midfields already overloaded and we’ve got a fully fit Ox and an apprenticeship served Keita to add to it. 

Milner backs up Robbo and Clyne (if he stays) can cover both full back positions while the 4 CB’s are all settled and play for each other.

I can’t see what position he’s gonna buy for and you’d be thinking twice about how many minutes you’d get for us if you were a player on the brink of your breakthrough season.

We’ve got a lot out of players out of contract next summer and I can’t see a rebuild until then. 

Yachty McYachtface over here. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Red74 said:

to be honest i think we are sitting back and seeing what happens in the market and who becomes free for example if Naymar goes back to Barca or Pogba goes to Madrid its no secret that Klopp likes Dembele and Asensio  and that both Madrid and Barca will have to sell to balance the books. So using those 2 as an example as we know Klopp will only buy the right player and is willing to wait and the club knows we have more of a chance of getting these types of players more on our terms by waiting 

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Ahoy hoy

Agree with you, by the way. 

Keeping everybody we wanted was of primary importance this summer. Number six made that an easier task.

It will be a two horse title race again, hopefully with age catching up on some of City’s key men. Kompany going will leave a bit of a void in terms of leadership too, same as if we lost Milner. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, andyj said:

to be honest i think we are sitting back and seeing what happens in the market and who becomes free for example if Naymar goes back to Barca or Pogba goes to Madrid its no secret that Klopp likes Dembele and Asensio  and that both Madrid and Barca will have to sell to balance the books. So using those 2 as an example as we know Klopp will only buy the right player and is willing to wait and the club knows we have more of a chance of getting these types of players more on our terms by waiting 

Klopps never backed away from saying how much he likes Dembele and I thought he’d be the one we’d go for but there’s an article out today saying Barca were 3 days late in paying some of their players last month and are having to go to wonga to get an emergency loan to get griezmann over the line as they want paying in full for him. Also went on to say that they’re offering both dembele and coutinho to PSG for Neymar so that door might be closing on us. 

• Upvote 1