Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 171 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

@dave u, shut this thread down please. Nothing happening between now and the close of the window. 

Disgusting if true. 

The Yank bastards need to sort it out. We haven’t won anything for almost four weeks. 

• Upvote 1

Personally I think it would be a mistake not to bring a couple in but if Klopp is happy with what he has then who am I to quibble, I can’t imagine the owners would refuse him funds if he wanted a couple of expensive signings so if he’s happy then he’s more than earned trust. They do need to sort the Anny Rd End though, it will only get more expensive the longer they leave it.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Chelsea and City giving the big fat finger to this transfer ban malarkey

They don’t have to be bans to be bans, but they are bans.

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

No leaning pics. Amateurish unveiling.

And he can run. I always love it when a new player exhibits skills none of the others have.

Don’t knock it! We’ve come a long way since signing players who couldn’t run, ie Alberto Aquillani, Ricky Lambert

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Chelsea and City giving the big fat finger to this transfer ban malarkey

Chelsea got around the ban to sign Mateo Kovacic because he was already registered with them on loan. Would they have splashed 40 million to sign him on a full contract without the ban? Doubtful imo, plus he's not a game changing player. He offers as little as Jorginho from that deep lying MF position. 

City are just taking the piss. 

Guest Pistonbroke
23 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

How have they still paid £40m for him after how ordinary he was last season? 

Desperation due to the ban. Plus as Howie say, sticking a finger up to UEFA/FIFA. They must have a load of players out on loan who are near to his standard. 

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

Don’t knock it! We’ve come a long way since signing players who couldn’t run, ie Alberto Aquillani, Ricky Lambert

Charlie Adam and Andy Carrol would fit into that category as well.

And then you had Balotelli who could run, but wouldn’t.

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

Yes it does. I forgive him. Nowhere near the world class leaning of Gini though.

No one leans like Gini it's an art in itself 

Wonder if this versatile front man we are after is that Silas Wamangituka fella from Paris FC. Probably cost about £10m but apparently most top clubs in Europe have been scouting him. Had to cut and paste his name as there was no way I was spelling that.

Their left back is apparently quite decent too.

36 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wonder if this versatile front man we are after is that Silas Wamangituka fella from Paris FC. Probably cost about £10m but apparently most top clubs in Europe have been scouting him. Had to cut and paste his name as there was no way I was spelling that.

Their left back is apparently quite decent too.

It looks likely to me that rather than cutting and pasting that the keyboard was punched a few times and that name was generated.

I think we should sign...

posfdkl kjsdfibsdfoj,mpol[f

5 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Charlie Adam and Andy Carrol would fit into that category as well.

And then you had Balotelli who could run, but wouldn’t.

Stuff of nightmares that trio. Absolute shite. 

Dark days indeed. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Camacho has joined Sporting for £5m rising to £7m according to Melissa Reddy.

The way transfer fees have gone across the board, especially for youth players...

I’d imagine The Academy is now seen as a revenue stream rather than hoping it breaks even and adds a couple of squad players every few years. 

Why not both?

If Camacho was willing to stay he'd be near the front of the queue for more gametime, he wants to play more and has left.  We're hardly shoving him out the door at the first offer.

I think there's a focus on buying in top talent and developing them into viable players (Brewster, Hoever), developing from within (Woodburn, Jones) and training players to be able to forge a career elsewhere at a good level (Camacho and possibly Wilson, but really should be the aim for all players beyond the schoolboy age groups).

• Upvote 2

On one side of the table you have Aulas. On the other Levy. Immovable object meets immovable object....