Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 160 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Yet they turnover less than spurs, have spent an incredible amount on Ronaldo, supposedly given Aaron Ramsey 350k per week and now seem open to a 100m centre back earning 350k per week. If they're doing things legitimately under ffp, it's hard to understand where the likes of Liverpool , spurs and arsenal are going wrong because none of those 3 could afford that. 

I doubt the reason we aren’t after De Ligt is because of FFP restrictions.

7 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I doubt the reason we aren’t after De Ligt is because of FFP restrictions.

I thought we supposedly lived on the line if FFP? 

Alves is leaving PSG. He's undoubtedly at the tail end of his career but I would give him 12 months. He can cover both full back positions and that's one of my biggest squad concerns. 

16 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I thought we supposedly lived on the line if FFP? 

Do we? I haven’t noticed much coverage around that. 

Just now, viRdjil said:

Do we? I haven’t noticed much coverage around that. 

Yeah I think so. Not sure why as I don't understand all the ffp. I assume it can't be losses over a 3 year period anymore and we made a shitload last year (and you can exclude costs on things like the main stand build for ffp) and I assume we will make another shitload this year too. But there are other mad things like wages can only go up at a certain rate I think - I don't know if that is in relation to turnover or purely old wage rates. I am sure someone on here knows more, but I'm pretty certain we supposedly walk the ffp line. 

14 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

Alves is leaving PSG. He's undoubtedly at the tail end of his career but I would give him 12 months. He can cover both full back positions and that's one of my biggest squad concerns. 

Not sure about that . He would be totally lost with the PL pace. Way too slow now, and he probably sees himself as a star who should start the big games. He did not give much to PSG to be honest.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't really as he's not a left back.

He played left wing this year and through most of Fulham promotion season git pushed further and further up field 

2 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Yeah but their owners don't like yachts.

I reckon they do and they've probably even got their own version of Linda. 

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He doesn't really as he's not a left back.

He played left wing this year and through most of Fulham promotion season git pushed further and further up field 

He can play multiple positions, including left back. Our full backs are basically wingers anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

He’s also a bit shit. Don’t believe the hype. 

Yeah, that too. Although he is still a teenager and has plenty of time to make something of himself. At a big club, I would say it will be as a left back. 

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Can't see him wanting to play second fiddle to Robertson at club and country

There's more than enough games to go around especially if we take the domestic cups seriously.

12 minutes ago, J-V said:

Tierney's looking like the cheapest option at this point, and he's good.  He can rotate with his mate.

We aren't paying 25 million for a back-up left-back. 

Tierney is a brilliant player, obviously I hope he stays at Celtic but he would be starting LB in most sides. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

We aren't paying 25 million for a back-up left-back. 

Tierney is a brilliant player, obviously I hope he stays at Celtic but he would be starting LB in most sides. 

Probably not, but we're getting quoted £45mill for someone with less experience and if we go for some championship player it'll be £15mill +.  As I said he's looking like the cheapest option at this point.

I've already said we should just use Milner, but we're obviously looking for someone.

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Yet they turnover less than spurs, have spent an incredible amount on Ronaldo, supposedly given Aaron Ramsey 350k per week and now seem open to a 100m centre back earning 350k per week. If they're doing things legitimately under ffp, it's hard to understand where the likes of Liverpool , spurs and arsenal are going wrong because none of those 3 could afford that. 

Can't remember them winning Big Ears and being the best fucking team on the planet for a while either.