Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 159 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

3 hours ago, John102 said:

Juventus are infinitely more ambitious than our fans.

Juventus' centre backs are 34 and 32. Ours are 27 + a very talented 22 year old. Nothing to do with ambition. They are old at the position, we aren't. It's a question of need and they need de Ligt far more than we need him. 

• Upvote 1

I like the look of that Junior Firpo. Would suit our style really well and is a goal threat. People losing their mind about us paying £45m for him but Andy Robertson can't play every game and he needs a rest. The way we have used him, Van Dijk and the front 3 the last few seasons it's a wonderful they haven't had burnout or niggling injuries that they have played through making them worse. I'd like to see what they all play like having had a game or two to recover and recharge their batteries. 

We will have parts of the season where we will play every 3 days with the amount of competitions we are in and he can also be used as a forward. 

Everything people say about Firpo is that he's brilliant, but it's a nonsensical rumour. We're not going to spend that much money on a left back and he wouldn't want to come to a club where he has to fight for a position where only one person can play.

In more real left back news, it seems Arsenal are in for Kieran Tierney. And the fee doesn't seem like it will be that high either. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Juventus' centre backs are 34 and 32. Ours are 27 + a very talented 22 year old. Nothing to do with ambition. They are old at the position, we aren't. It's a question of need and they need de Ligt far more than we need him. 

Oh I get that completely. I just mean that if this story is true, they go out and sign players like Ronaldo and De Ligt, while some of our fans would have you believe we would struggle to attract someone like Dybala.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We wouldn't pay the fee or wages for mbappe even if he wanted to come here.

But imagine if we did. A real statement. Heads would fall off. Slap the money on the table. Tide turning etc.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Everything people say about Firpo is that he's brilliant, but it's a nonsensical rumour. We're not going to spend that much money on a left back and he wouldn't want to come to a club where he has to fight for a position where only one person can play.

In more real left back news, it seems Arsenal are in for Kieran Tierney. And the fee doesn't seem like it will be that high either. 

fuckity fuck. Good player and he would be great for us.

Twatter rumours that Inter have bid 90m for Pepe. Might be a load of shit because I doubt that they can afford that but if true I doubt we'll be in for him at that price.

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Twatter rumours that Inter have bid 90m for Pepe. Might be a load of shit because I doubt that they can afford that but if true I doubt we'll be in for him at that price.

Can’t see that happening. I read that they’re trying to bomb Icardi out to try and get the funds together to buy Lukaku. 

edit: DUFF MAN

23 hours ago, Anubis said:

Nobody is taking it seriously. Just a bit of fun while we’re in a holding pattern over transfers.

So all summer then?

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Where are Juventus getting all of this money from?

Are they doing some type of city thing? I know when they signed Ronaldo and there was talk of walk outs in factories (don't they own fiat or something as well), they were making claims of the transfer having paid for itself on day one. I don't know how they were measuring that, but it won't have been in cash! 

15 hours ago, Grinch said:

I hope we never see Mbappe in the premier League.   Only the Manchester clubs will pay his wages. 

He'd take 50% pay cut to play for Klopp in front of the kop etc. 

I reserve the right to dream. 

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Juventus are a huge club. Of course they could afford De Ligt.

Yet they turnover less than spurs, have spent an incredible amount on Ronaldo, supposedly given Aaron Ramsey 350k per week and now seem open to a 100m centre back earning 350k per week. If they're doing things legitimately under ffp, it's hard to understand where the likes of Liverpool , spurs and arsenal are going wrong because none of those 3 could afford that. 

• Upvote 1