You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

13 minutes ago, Boss said:

City were linked with him and Rodri, so obviously there was some truth in that because Rodri is signing for them. Instead of complimenting City and saying it was an honour to be linked he instead said he prefers our style of play. The money is also reasonable. In a window where Maguire and Diop are £90m and £75m players respectively a player that created 42 goals or assists from central midfield might be available for £40m. It'd be a very Klopp like signing.

That's Fernandes not Pépé.

I personally don't think top clubs want to buy Fernandes.

Guest Pistonbroke

Bayern are also interested in Pépé, but I'm guessing we can easily offer him better wages. German clubs tend to stick to their wage structures. Having said that, Bayern is a destination many players fancy due to where it is situated. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Fucking suspense keeping cunts.

Now that it’s out I can say that @El Rojo whatsapped this to his VIP subscribers last night, and if the club is consistent with what he told us, then I have to say that would take me by surprise. 

16 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Bayern are also interested in Pépé, but I'm guessing we can easily offer him better wages. German clubs tend to stick to their wage structures. Having said that, Bayern is a destination many players fancy due to where it is situated. 

Bayern wage bill will have dropped by loads,Robben,Ribery,Hummells all off it. 

Muller and Boateng could go too, there in full rebuild mode and wouldn't be shocked if he went there as he will play each week

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Muller and Boateng could go too, there in full rebuild mode and wouldn't be shocked if he went there as he will play each week

We'll find out soon enough, two weeks apparently. 

Klopp does most of his summer business early, I believe just about all our major signings under him have been done and dusted early in July. Obviously VVD was in January but the only other signing i can think of outside of July is Ox. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Bayern are saving up to try to buy Sane.

Which is why I still think that the most likely player for us to buy for that "versatile forward" option is Timo Werner. As soon as he sees that Sane is done and thus Bayern can't afford him I think he'll move to Liverpool soon afterwards. Unless, of course, we've purchased Pepe in the meantime, in which case he'll just stay at Leipzig and move for a massive wage next summer on a free.

51 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

A few sources reporting that United have agreed a fee of £55 million for Wan Bissaka.

Really good player, especially defensively. I know they've overpaid but if you look at United's recent business you'd have to say that a huge overpay for an actually good player is a lot better than overpaying for crap players.

On Mbappé: if he wasn't at the inescapable prison of a club that is PSG with an unlimited price tag, I think we'd have a shot at signing him. He's boys with Lebron who has a small share in LFC and anyone who follows the NBA knows how much of a tampering cunt he is.

Wan-Bissaka is a brilliant defender. Can shut down an entire wing by himself. Is he a good enough footballer going forward, is the question and that's the most important part. He'll have to really develop on the attacking side. Also think the fee will be higher than £55m.