Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 150 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I can't see us buying anyone for £80m this summer. Or am I wrong? 

We're not desperate for big name players or to rebuild a squad like certain other teams, our starting 11 is pretty darn good. We need depth, so I fully expect Klopp to plug a few holes and try to pick up very good players for between to 30-50 million mark, we may even be surprised and we are in for one so called big name player. We're in a great position, something we probably didn't think was possible not so long ago. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

I can't see us buying anyone for £80m this summer. Or am I wrong? 

All the papers seem to have been briefed that we're after a backup GK, a backup LB and a "versatile forward option."

The last one will be the only big-money signing. You're not spending £20m+ on a backup goalie or left back. But I could in fact see the other one being pretty expensive. We'll be shifting some big earners off the wage bill and with a few sales like Wilson, Kent, Lallana and Camacho we could easily have £80m to spend on one big-money signing.

The question is who it will be. I still think the most likely option is Werner, but if he decides to go to Bayern instead then who knows? Talk of Pepe but for £65m if there's any truth that Barca just want to get their money back for Dembele then I could easily see us looking at that and going "hm, for just a bit more we can offer £85m for Dembele and get someone special."

Sounds a bit daft I know but honestly, look at the prices being rumoured out there. Ajax supposedly want 80m euro for David Neres! Leverkusen want £80m for Leon Bailey! If those are the prices for Neres/Bailey (who are very good, but not world-class), then Ousmane Dembele for £90m is a bargain.

• Upvote 1

Fernandes and Ziyech are the bargains of the window. Ziyech carried Ajax (with Tadic) to a league and cup double and was very unfortunate not to reach a Champions League final. Fernandes created 97 chances for Sporting and was involved in 42 goals as a centre midfielder. 

Realistically, what more could they do?

• Upvote 1

That was a good game the other day. Barella, Chiesa and Ceballos were on a completely different level to everyone else on the pitch. 

53 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

All the papers seem to have been briefed that we're after a backup GK, a backup LB and a "versatile forward option."

The last one will be the only big-money signing. You're not spending £20m+ on a backup goalie or left back. But I could in fact see the other one being pretty expensive. We'll be shifting some big earners off the wage bill and with a few sales like Wilson, Kent, Lallana and Camacho we could easily have £80m to spend on one big-money signing.

The question is who it will be. I still think the most likely option is Werner, but if he decides to go to Bayern instead then who knows? Talk of Pepe but for £65m if there's any truth that Barca just want to get their money back for Dembele then I could easily see us looking at that and going "hm, for just a bit more we can offer £85m for Dembele and get someone special."

Sounds a bit daft I know but honestly, look at the prices being rumoured out there. Ajax supposedly want 80m euro for David Neres! Leverkusen want £80m for Leon Bailey! If those are the prices for Neres/Bailey (who are very good, but not world-class), then Ousmane Dembele for £90m is a bargain.

Is Dembele all that? I have never seen him do anything that made take notice of him. He just happened to be that the kid in the right place in the week Barcelona had 200m burning a hole in their pocket. He's there Andy Carroll.

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Federico Chiesa looks a massive talent 

His old man was great back in the day

• Upvote 1

I just can’t see us signing what will be considered a back-up player for big money and can’t see us signing the sort of player who’s an equal to our front 3 in talent.

None of the signs are pointing that way, so am expecting an on the face of it relatively underwhelming signing.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think standing still while others attempt improve would be a mistake.

True.  City won't be resting in their laurels 

39 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s the 17th of June and we still haven’t signed anyone. 

When do we riot?

Assemble outside County Rd KFC at 13.30hrs tomorrow. Bring petrol bombs and a V For Vendetta mask.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Federico Chiesa looks a massive talent 

I remember buying his dad, Enrico, on Championship Manager. He was boss so this is practically a must