Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 136 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Joyce (so, the club) has just posted on twitter that we'd listen to bids north of 25m for Lovren. Also says Milan's new DoF is a big fan (though also confusingly saying that there's been "no contact" yet.

All I can say is KA-CHING! Would be great to get another young CB with potential to develop as our fourth CB, or, and hear me out here, take that money and go trigger Alderweireld's clause. I think that'd be a brilliant option - he's a top player, and yes, he's older and somewhat injury-prone, but as a player to slot in alongside Virgil over the next two years while Gomez continues to develop to his full potential I can't think of a better choice. Matip to serve as a great emergency option fourth-choice.

. Matip will be off back to Schalke if he's 4th choice pretty quickly. Amd Alderweireld wants over 200k a week and will want a 4 year deal

33 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Woodgate is the funniest example.

The stupid racist...

His Madrid debut was legendary- an own goal and a sending off. Perfect.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Joyce (so, the club) has just posted on twitter that we'd listen to bids north of 25m for Lovren. Also says Milan's new DoF is a big fan (though also confusingly saying that there's been "no contact" yet.

All I can say is KA-CHING! Would be great to get another young CB with potential to develop as our fourth CB, or, and hear me out here, take that money and go trigger Alderweireld's clause. I think that'd be a brilliant option - he's a top player, and yes, he's older and somewhat injury-prone, but as a player to slot in alongside Virgil over the next two years while Gomez continues to develop to his full potential I can't think of a better choice. Matip to serve as a great emergency option fourth-choice.

Hopefully we fuck him off as well as getting rid of Lallana the waster.

Alderweired.  No, thanks.  To old, injury prone, and he hasn't been much more than OK this season.

• Downvote 1

The local press in Lyon are linking us with a move back for Fekir. I can't see there being any truth to that, the reliable sources were all saying last summer that deal was as dead as dead can be. 

2 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Matip is German. People often forget that.

Good point, he slipped under my radar by playing for Cameroon, the cheeky scamp. 

Just now, Agt Provocateur said:

The local press in Lyon are linking us with a move back for Fekir. I can't see there being any truth to that, the reliable sources were all saying last summer that deal was as dead as dead can be. 

He'll be available on a free next season so Lyon will be desperate to cash in now.

I still can't see us accepting the risk though.

Not sure that is true. I read we walked away as soon as doubts were raised by the docs.

And whilst he will be significantly cheaper, he'll be taking someone elses place in the squad. Having said that we took a similar risk with the Ox, so who knows.

Some French journalist piped up last week saying his knee wasn't the issue. One of his family members took over negotiations and demanded all kinds from Liverpool so we just told him to fuck off.

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is a piece of meat -- if the price is right the value is there - lad played 40 games on his go go gadget knee last season

Fekir played 90 minutes in 17 matches last season in all competitions.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Screenshot_20190612-170927.png

I just can't see that being true. The poor lad had even had his PR stuff done for the website - I doubt that any of his entourage are that stupid and I doubt that the club would get pissed off enough to jepoardise a transfer of that magnitude at the last hour. The failed medical reasons sounds a lot more plausible. 

40 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Liverpool made a bigger profit on Kevin Stewart than Man United have on any player they have signed and sold since 2009. [@F365] https://t.co/WMxlV41r5W

And we effectively got Andy Robbo in return for selling Stewart. That is a monumentally stupendous bit of business.