Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 13 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

33 minutes ago, an tha said:

Being the miserable bastard that I am, I am quite concerned about the squad and this summer.

We are again stretched to the limit due to injuries with players playing out of position to cover holes and of course 1 injury to the front 3 away from having to field absolute shite to replace one of them.

We don't have a back up keeper of any note.

We don't have a back up left back or right back (not a fan of using Gomez across two positions, he is a centre half)

Depth is debatable at centre half - as evidenced by what has happened there this season (same thing could happen any season)

Midfield still lacks that creative spark - although it is probably better stocked in terms of numbers than other areas.

In attack we have the square root of nothing after the front 3......

OK, maybe Wilson and Brewster step up - but that is a gamble.

Surely we are looking at Lallana, Moreno, Origi, Sturridge, Moreno going - all of who are sitting on our bench regularly.

Milner too may go.

Oxlade coming back into squad is helpful - but feels to me like we are potentially very light and the drop off from first choice to back up looks potentially huge in a lot of areas.

We were stretched to fuck towards end of last season, we have been stretched to fuck lately - and the idea of Sturridge or Origi starting games in a title run in or in the latter stages of European Cup if we get there if we lose Salah, Mane or Firmino at any time is depressing!

Maybe Klopp has "got this" but feels like we are potentially light to me and need a good number of additions (would be nice to be able to compete in domestic cups for example by being able to pick a team that has changes but is not such a massive drop off from our best team).....can we also bed in a number of new players in one summer window.

Mane and Salah will be stuck in Africa for a big part of the summer too - bound to have a negative impact on pre season and likely their start to season - who steps in/up?

We'll get that kid from Bristol to play left back and CB and then buy a #10 and striker for depth, with Wilson returning as well maybe. Then if Mignolet goes, we'll get some random experienced keeper. That'll do it. 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We'll get that kid from Bristol to play left back and CB and then buy a #10 and striker for depth, with Wilson returning as well maybe. Then if Mignolet goes, we'll get some random experienced keeper. That'll do it. 

Still no depth next season then. 

14 hours ago, Paul said:

See Kloppo has said he was interested in Sancho but knew there was no hope, which makes sense. Absolute fucking state of City though, letting him go and paying £60m for Mahrez instead. Develop a potentially world class kid or pay a fortune to put the player blocking him on the bench? Mad. As. Fuck. 

Sancho moved to Dortmund two seasons ago. Mahrez was only signed this season. They had just sold Nolito and Navas at the time, and while they did sign Bernardo Silva, the latter was always meant to be David Silva's long-term replacement. So, he would almost certainly have gotten some game time off the bench. He's the one who rejected the contract offers and wanted a move, with better guarantees of starting time at Dortmund I guess. But, it had little to do with Mahrez.

16 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Still no depth next season then. 

I would maybe do things differently, but I think that scenario is the most likely and it would be decent. You have different expectations and you care more about Liverpool than most people, though, so I can see why it wouldn't be enough for you. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we still do not get the Coutinho/Fekir replacement this summer. Sancho is the type of player I could easily see Klopp regard as an absolute must-have in the same ilk as VVD, Alisson and Keita (even though he has failed to live up to expectations so far). He has the most obvious ballon d'or potential besides M'Bappe and Dembele right now (Vinicius Jr and Zaniolo may also be worth keeping an eye on in that regard). So, it would really not be a surprise if we kept our powder dry this summer (with only back up players and a striker coming in) and go all in for him next summer. Would be a major risk though as we most definitely won't be the only team in for him.

Who is good enough for the squad at least and expected to stay in the summer.

Allison. TAA. Robertson. VVD. Gomes. Matip. Lovren. Henderson. Fabinho. Wijnaldum. Keita. AOC. Shaqiri. Mane. Firmino. Salah. 

Add on loan players possibly coming back into the squad and young lads

Grabara. Kelleher. Lewis. Camacho. Grujic. Jones. Wilson. Brewster.

Apologies if I missed anyone. Milner and Lallana aside possibly, I expect all other first teamers with experience to be off.

Mignolet. Clyne. Moreno. Sturridge. Origi etc.

Needed in my opinion.

Keeper. Left back. Right back. Centre half. Attacking mid. Striker.

Starting or reliable back up. Another centre half for me is a must as three of ours are injury prone. Right back cover too so not to have to play a cb or cm there.