You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

16 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Still no depth next season then. 

I would maybe do things differently, but I think that scenario is the most likely and it would be decent. You have different expectations and you care more about Liverpool than most people, though, so I can see why it wouldn't be enough for you. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we still do not get the Coutinho/Fekir replacement this summer. Sancho is the type of player I could easily see Klopp regard as an absolute must-have in the same ilk as VVD, Alisson and Keita (even though he has failed to live up to expectations so far). He has the most obvious ballon d'or potential besides M'Bappe and Dembele right now (Vinicius Jr and Zaniolo may also be worth keeping an eye on in that regard). So, it would really not be a surprise if we kept our powder dry this summer (with only back up players and a striker coming in) and go all in for him next summer. Would be a major risk though as we most definitely won't be the only team in for him.

Who is good enough for the squad at least and expected to stay in the summer.

Allison. TAA. Robertson. VVD. Gomes. Matip. Lovren. Henderson. Fabinho. Wijnaldum. Keita. AOC. Shaqiri. Mane. Firmino. Salah. 

Add on loan players possibly coming back into the squad and young lads

Grabara. Kelleher. Lewis. Camacho. Grujic. Jones. Wilson. Brewster.

Apologies if I missed anyone. Milner and Lallana aside possibly, I expect all other first teamers with experience to be off.

Mignolet. Clyne. Moreno. Sturridge. Origi etc.

Needed in my opinion.

Keeper. Left back. Right back. Centre half. Attacking mid. Striker.

Starting or reliable back up. Another centre half for me is a must as three of ours are injury prone. Right back cover too so not to have to play a cb or cm there.

Buy

*based on players we've been linked with

Rabiot 

Havertz/Benfica teenager/Brescia teenager or Fernández from Sporting Lisbon 

Werner

Militao

Lloyd Kelly

Need

Back up keeper

Bring through Brewster, Adam Lewis and Harry Wilson. 

Sell 

Lovren/Matip

Clyne

Origi

Mignolet

Lallana

Out of contract

Moreno 

Milner 

Markovic 

Sturridge 

We already have 39m from Ings and Solanke. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If we had Bale we would win the league this season 

If we had a player who has scored upwards of 150 goals from the wing and was bought for more than 100m 6 years ago, we'd win the league? You don't say.

Absolutely don't want the 30 year old version who can't stay fit and is making half a million a week, though. 

13 minutes ago, Wezza said:

It seems he isn’t very popular with the squad at Real - they call him “the golfer” we don’t want a bad egg in the dressing room. Refused to warm up yesterday apparently as well.

Klopp doesnt sign players on their way down, on massive salaries. Certainly dont see him making an exception for Bale.