You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

According to L’Equipe this morning, Lille believes Liverpool is the best option for Nicolas Pepe. But they will leave the player free to choose where he goes as long as the money is on the table, talks could start soon and Pepe Is said to want things to be sorted out before the beginning of the African Nation Cup. 

12 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

According to L’Equipe this morning, Lille believes Liverpool is the best option for Nicolas Pepe. But they will leave the player free to choose where he goes as long as the money is on the table, talks could start soon and Pepe Is said to want things to be sorted out before the beginning of the African Nation Cup. 

We all dream of a team of Africans!

6 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Disappointing, RMC know their stuff.

Between the article yesterday saying it was between us and Barca, this one today saying it's between PSG and Barca, and Honigstein saying on twitter that he's spoken to two teams, both of whom were very confident that the player only wanted to come there, it seems like it's been Barca all along and the rest is Raiola getting paid.

I'd bet a decent sum that De Ligt told Raiola months ago that he only wanted to move to Barca, and Raiola just said "no problem, I'll make it happen, just don't say that out loud to anyone" and the rest has all been targeted leaks to get Barca to give him and De Ligt as much money as possible. He's used United, us, Juve, and PSG all to make sure Barcelona give him the huge agent fee he wants.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Between the article yesterday saying it was between us and Barca, this one today saying it's between PSG and Barca, and Honigstein saying on twitter that he's spoken to two teams, both of whom were very confident that the player only wanted to come there, it seems like it's been Barca all along and the rest is Raiola getting paid.

I'd bet a decent sum that De Ligt told Raiola months ago that he only wanted to move to Barca, and Raiola just said "no problem, I'll make it happen, just don't say that out loud to anyone" and the rest has all been targeted leaks to get Barca to give him and De Ligt as much money as possible. He's used United, us, Juve, and PSG all to make sure Barcelona give him the huge agent fee he wants.

Good news, surely Barca would want the balance their books.... especially with Griezmann on the horizon.

Bring Coutinho home Edwards!!

12 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Good news, surely Barca would want the balance their books.... especially with Griezmann on the horizon.

Bring Coutinho home Edwards!!

Coutinho will be off to PSG to play with his rapey pal I'd imagine.  Well I reckon that's what Barca will be hoping for.

17 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

He might be responsible for using our name in the press but I’m 99% sure we were never in for him anyway. As has been said by loads of others, us spending big on a CB in this window doesn’t make sense. 

42 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

He ticks all the right boxes for scoring goals in the premiership, ie, he's African, so I'd be balls do in signing him. 

All joking aside, I'd imagine the biggest thing for klopp is the lads attitude, and how he'll get on with the group. 

Like Bob paisley said, the quickest way to go backwards is to stand still. 

But as we all know, you don't want to upset the apple cart either. It's e fine line between buying great players and buying good players with a terrible attitude. 

8 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

He ticks all the right boxes for scoring goals in the premiership, ie, he's African, so I'd be balls do in signing him. 

All joking aside, I'd imagine the biggest thing for klopp is the lads attitude, and how he'll get on with the group. 

Like Bob paisley said, the quickest way to go backwards is to stand still. 

But as we all know, you don't want to upset the apple cart either. It's e fine line between buying great players and buying good players with a terrible attitude. 

Idioms a go-go

• Upvote 1

Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester City will rival Manchester United for Leicester City midfielder James Maddison, according to reports.

Maddison had a brilliant season for the Foxes following a move from Norwich City last summer, scoring seven times and providing seven assists for his team-mates in 38 appearances in all competitions

The Independent claimed on Tuesday that Maddison is their new priority in the transfer market this summer with United in pole position to land the 22-year-old who may cost £60million.

And now the Daily Star has backed up the reports of United‘s interest but also add that Liverpool, Spurs and City will all rival the Red Devils for his signature.

The newspaper continued by saying that ‘all of them have enquired’ and that Leicester will only sell if a ‘ridiculous bid comes in’ that meets their valuation.

Maddison is set to be at the centre of one of the ‘biggest domestic transfer scrambles of the summer’.

'SALAH OR MANE WILL BE TARGETED'

Graeme Souness believes Barcelona and Real Madrid could try to tempt Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane away from Liverpool this summer.

Liverpool have previously sold Luis Suarez and Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona in recent years and, while Salah and Mane are both contracted at Anfield until 2023, former Reds captain Souness fears they could be targeted this summer.

"Real Madrid and Barcelona will be sniffing round Salah and Mane and I think one of them will be targeted this summer," Souness told Independent.ie.

"Both of those clubs are in the process of rebuilding and they tend to tempt any player when they go after them.

"We saw that in the past with Luiz Suarez and Philippe Coutinho and even though they enjoyed playing for Liverpool, their heads were turned when Barcelona wanted them. That will happen again now with Salah and Mane

LALLANA WANTS TO STAY AT LIVERPOOL

Adam Lallana says he has no intention of leaving Liverpool this summer.

"I've got a year left on my contract. I'll be back, I'll be training through the summer. I am as eager as ever to get fit because I know when I'm fit I've got a lot to give and I can get in this team."

Asked if he was staying given the frequent speculation about his future, Lallana said: "Yeah. Absolutely no question about it. I couldn't be happier here, winning Champions Leagues."

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester City will rival Manchester United for Leicester City midfielder James Maddison, according to reports.

Maddison had a brilliant season for the Foxes following a move from Norwich City last summer, scoring seven times and providing seven assists for his team-mates in 38 appearances in all competitions

The Independent claimed on Tuesday that Maddison is their new priority in the transfer market this summer with United in pole position to land the 22-year-old who may cost £60million.

And now the Daily Star has backed up the reports of United‘s interest but also add that Liverpool, Spurs and City will all rival the Red Devils for his signature.

The newspaper continued by saying that ‘all of them have enquired’ and that Leicester will only sell if a ‘ridiculous bid comes in’ that meets their valuation.

Maddison is set to be at the centre of one of the ‘biggest domestic transfer scrambles of the summer’.

I'd prefer that lad Brooks from Bournemouth

• Upvote 1