You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

8 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I don't think De Ligt is that good. I think we'd have been playing Ajax in the final if it wasn't for him.

A bit harsh as he scored a few goals to get them through and looked the stand out CB. But I do think he was terrible for Lucas Moura winner. Thought he should have got something on it. 

He looks a talent but so did Gomez before the Burnley game and Matip after bedding back in. 

As much as some on here don't want him I don't think Klopp is looking to let Lovren goes unless he asks to leave 

It’s natural because he’s our player to overrate him, but no way is Gomez a better talent than De Ligt for me. He’s a generational talent, I can’t remember the last time a centre back his age was so highly thought of. 

Thats not to say I don’t think Gomez is on his way to being a top player but the truth is he’s only got about three months experience of playing as a centre back at the top level.

Club have confirmed Sturridge and Moreno not getting new contracts. Complete with extremely warm and classy words from Klopp, reflecting the unity and sense of collective over individual the current side is built on.

On that note, have a feeling this has been handled before whoever is coming into replace them gets bandied about. Hopefully a stealthy Fabinho-like new signing announcement in the coming minutes.

I definitely meant days and weeks.

14 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

But is the difference in goals conceded worth the 60ml plus fee and probably 170k or above a week

Yes. He’s going to be the best player in the world in his position eventually and his value will only go up while he’s at us.

The only centre back I can recall getting similar hype, at a slightly older age though, is Nesta. Would you have passed up signing a 19 year old Nesta?

I don’t remember there being the same fuss around Cannavaro at the same age, though those were the days where you could only gauge hype by reading the World Soccer and Club Europe (sadly missed) magazines which I used to buy religiously. 

My issue is not his skill - he's probably going to be the best in the world - but his Griezman-like tickle my balls and I might think about it attitude, that reeks of his agent.

We're the best side in Europe. Anyone walking into this team should be willing to crawl over broken glass with their flies unzipped to get here. Wenger mentioned it after the final, that signing more players could disrupt team unity; even if it seems like you're strengthening, you risk the whole becoming less than the sum of its parts. 

The whole summer budget should be spent on a mad scientist and a cloning machine. 

------------Alisson 

TAA--VVD--VVD--Robbo

With another Alisson and van Dijk on the bench just in case. 

Bobby can the rest of his life getting pissed and living the life and getting his clone to do the work. We would finally see Bobby again one day emerging for a 6 year bender looking like Elvis at the end 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, aws said:

Centre back is not really where we need to be splashing the limited cash which is probably available. 

I agree, but I'd make an exception for de Ligt.  He looks to be an inspirational presence at the back.  You buy whoever's available to make you better, and he's one of the few who fits that criteria and is looking for a move.  

If we are looking to sign him it only makes sense if Matip and Lovren go. Would could cover the fee and wages then and it would start making sense. 

Saw the video the Dutch team releases welcoming Gini and Virg to the squad today. Get the feeling that Depay might get done. I know he's mates with them but looked delighted, wouldn't be shocked if it happened if it's a 30ml Dee. Not sure if it's a good idea but 100ml on him and De Ligt with Matip and Lovren out for about half that would make sense. 

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If we are looking to sign him it only makes sense if Matip and Lovren go. Would could cover the fee and wages then and it would start making sense. 

Saw the video the Dutch team releases welcoming Gini and Virg to the squad today. Get the feeling that Depay might get done. I know he's mates with them but looked delighted, wouldn't be shocked if it happened if it's a 30ml Dee. Not sure if it's a good idea but 100ml on him and De Ligt with Matip and Lovren out for about half that would make sense. 

Buying one CD and letting 2 go wouldn’t make much sense to me. At all. 

16 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Buying De Ligt is the definition of FSG’ transfer policy. He’ll only increase in value. Whilst Lovren is 29, cant be relied upon fitness wise and we’d get a decent price. No brainer if it were possible. 

Lovren is fourth choice. We already have 2 very good first choice centre halfs and Gomez who has the potential to be one of the worlds best. 

De Ligt will be a very good player for whichever team he signs for, I’m sure. It won’t be us, though 

20 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

De Ligt is 19

Aye, he’s immense for his age. Still, he’s made fuck loads of mistakes in the games I’ve seen him play. I think Gomez is underrated, personally. I think he’ll be first choice centre back for us for the next 10 years