Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

A pacy wide player who is young (21-23) so doesn’t mind challenging for their place now, but in 2 or 3 years has the potential to be one of the best players in the world.

And fullback cover. Potential keeper cover too if the Mig wants to leave.

14 minutes ago, M_B said:

I'd like an advanced playmaker who can play behind the front 3 or as part of the front 3. Basically backup\competition for Firmino who offers the manager an alternative in midfield too. Someone like Fekir with knees.

And cover for left back.

Son would be a great choice, if Spurs would ever sell him. Doesn't turn 27 until next month either. 

• Upvote 1

Shows the progress we've made that upsetting the current squad balance is as big an issue as who to bring in.

Remember when we used pebbledash an already unbalanced squad with 5 of 6 £7m players of greatly varying ability every summer? Good times.

I'm not even sure we'll sign fullback cover. Milner's still better than most LBs, Gomez (and potentially Hoever) cover RB. They're not like-for-like, but barring an injury we won't get someone of that attacking quality who's happy to be a rotation player.

Cover for the front wide players might even be Keita and Ox. I could honestly see this being a summer of bumper contracts all round and maybe an old dog of a keeper to take over from Mig.

The full back positions are so important to our style I feel we must atleast get decent cover for Robertson. Keeper cover like you say BBN, and for me another Am/Wg. Strengthen from a position of strength, we will be losing a lot of squad players, granted they mainly offered nothing.

Ideally a Coutinho type replacement who can play both in midfield and in the front three would be a priority. Problem is, players that can play all of those positions, to the quality we require, are like rocking horse shit. Fekir is one such player but I think that is dead and buried so I'd like to see us go for Ziyech. Can play on the right, can play in the midfield and I think he could do a job as a Firmino-light option up front as he works his arse off and has got similar silky skills. He'd also be cheaper than Fekir I'd imagine and a hell of a lot cheaper than getting Phil back.

Failing that type of player then a pacy forward would be next on my list of priorities. Mane is the only forward we've got who is explosive and unpredictable. Salah is more measured with using his pace than Mane, and having a similar player to Sadio to come off the bench would be a real asset. I do like the look of Pepe for that role but he'd be a gamble at the price they want.

After that it's squad cover really so I'm not too bothered. Back-up keeper to replace the Mig and a full back. I'd love us to get Tierney from Celtic as he would suit our style of play but not sure he'd be up for coming here to play back-up to Robbo.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Depends on who leaves I suppose , full back cover for both sides ( assuming Moreno goes and Gomez is strictly used as a CD )

If we could get somebody who covers both it would be good, how old is Stevie Nicol ?

His name is Ainsley Maitland-Niles.

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Is he the new Steve Nicol?

He can play left back and right back, and his natural position is CM. So closer to the new James Milner maybe.

Just now, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

What’s that all about mate?

It's in the German newspaper Bild. De Ligt has come out and said he has one option that's better than the others. It's probably Barcelona in all honesty but he did an interview with De Jong a couple of years ago and was asked where he dreamt of playing and he said the Premier League. Bild are basically saying is this Klopp's next trophy?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Boss said:

It's in the German newspaper Bild. De Ligt has come out and said he has one option that's better than the others. It's probably Barcelona in all honesty but he did an interview with De Jong a couple of years ago and was asked where he dreamt of playing and he said the Premier League. Bild are basically saying is this Klopp's next trophy?

Cheers.

I’m gonna say this now so it doesn’t sound like sour grapes when he signs for whoever it is, but he seems like a bit of a whopper with all these contrived whispers and titbits he keeps doling out about his next destination.

What is he, Antoine Griezmann and The Koptalk Slug’s love-child? If he does go to United he’ll suit Pogba down to the ground with such modern attention-seeking mingery.

• Upvote 1

Can't remember if I posted this the other day but this quote from John Henry before the final got my senses tingling. I've got a feeling we have someone lined up and will pull a Fabinho soon.

"We’ll be set on winning next year. We’re going to have a go, and we’re strong already.

"Every year—we haven’t gone through that process yet, because we’re still playing—but every year we’ve shown we’re willing to invest in the right kind of player and do it the right way so the club is sustainable."

Only problem with De Ligt is that cunt Mino Raiola is his agent. I think he's got a ban as well (the agent, not De Ligt) so not sure if that will slow things up with regard to his next move.

Liverpool have been linked with a move for Matthijs de Ligt as the Ajax defender revealed that he has “one option” that is “better” than the others.

The Netherlands international has not only been linked with a move to Old Trafford but also heavily with Barcelona, who are still the favourites to sign the centre-back.

And De Ligt has now claimed that he has “several options” on the table with “one option” the most logical.

“I am very excited about what could happen in the near future. I am also trying to stay calm, though,” De Ligt told RTL4.

“I view this as a challenge — that is the most important thing.

“There are several options and I really want to pick the best one. Logically, one option is better than another.

“Life abroad could be difficult, but I am still an ordinary Dutch guy, I am no different to the others. Perhaps living abroad will be more intense for me.”

In other reports on Tuesday, German newspaper Bild have suggested that Liverpool may sign De Ligt following their Champions League success.

The report says that a deal for De Ligt would be Jurgen Klopp‘s ‘next triumph’ after leading them to a 2-0 victory over Tottenham in Madrid on Saturday

If De Ligt comes to us he’d be great.  If he goes anywhere else he will be shite.  I’m not joking either.  If he can’t see it himself then more fool him.  We won’t be going anywhere near him for the money they’re talking anyway.

De Ligt is 2 years younger than Gomez though. More games played, less injuries. He's also a fucking fantastic player already. 

Don't get the ego thing. He's a natural leader but seems pretty much down to earth in all the interviews I've seen.