Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 100 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I'm on record here a bunch of times with how much I like Depay as a player, but even so, there's a big difference between Salah and Depay.

Salah's issue was never attitude. And for all we talk about how Depay's problems were down to LVG and the disarray that United were in at the time he was there (and all of that is true) it is also true that he did seem to have a genuine attitude problem.

I suspect that Klopp could probably work around that, it seems to me that as long as you add only one potential wanker per season into the group, the overall organisational culture will work to get them into gear for the most part. It's when you start adding two or three at a time that they can form a clique and then you start to spread the rot throughout the team.

I was a bit worried about either Shaq or Keita turning out to be a bit of a bad egg, but it seems that the rest of the squad being so sound has got both of them on board and we don't seem to hear anything about egotism behind the scenes. I hope that would be the case with Depay as well - he's phenomenally talented and if he would work within the team and keep his off-field persona in check he could be one of the best players in the league eventually. I strongly suspect he would, and that much of the talk about his attitude is just him being a bit different/extroverted, but not in a selfish way (more of a Sturridge than a Balotelli, so to speak).

But I suspect that Klopp wouldn't want to take the risk and would prefer to just get another Mane or Gini personality-type and then be 100% confident that he will buckle down and apply himself to helping the team succeed.

I don't agree with the attitude problem. His problems at United stemmed from Mourinho. Van Gaal backed him, and although he only scored 7 goals in the Van Gaal season, that can be attributed to playing for a new team, with a defensive style of play and also the natural problems of a young player adapting to the league.

The only issue with his attitude at United seems to be that he worked out too hard, got excessively bulky, and lost some of the agility he had at PSV. He never behaved anywhere near as badly as Pogba does on a regular basis. He never slammed the team or whored himself out to other clubs.

At Lyon he was angry he wasn't playing because he was coming on as a sub every game and scoring. So he was basically challenging the manager to play him because he backed himself to be the main man for the club. I don't have a problem with a player backing himself. That's how it should be. You need self belief in the modern game with the non stop negativity from talking heads, columnists and pundits. 

I think Depay would be great. We’ve got Virgil and gini to keep him in check, and I bet he’d love playing for Klopp (who wouldn’t)

And he’s got some of that “can turn a game at any point” ability we need

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

Let’s change the whole set up of the team for a player to oust one of our two golden boot winners from their position.  There’s a reason we stopped playing that formation.  Firmino was stinking the gaff out and we were struggling to get over the line in lots of games.  On top of that who do you play in the two in midfield? It hardly suits any of our midfield players of which we’ve got a lot of.

It’s like saying go and sign De Gea for 70m because he’s the best pure keeper out there and then laughing at me for saying he wouldn’t get in our team and it would be a waste of money anyway because we’ve already got one of the best in the world anyway who isn’t as good at keeping it out as he is (he isn’t far off mind) but the way he plays suits us far more than De Gea ever would.

It’s a fucking colossally stupid suggestion because they would never sell to us and we would not buy a winger for massive money with the players we already have here.

While I agree with a lot of that, and Man City would definitely never sell to us, Sane is proper excellent.

Rotating 3 out of 4 of him, Salah, Mane and Firmino would be ideal.

£70 million is a reasonable price for a kid that good.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

“Mwahaaaaaa...the French...” will never not be funny.

Likewise the body language of the woman opposite him.

What a man.

Haha. It's his eyes in the final dubbed version that get me. Yep, a legendary raconteur.

6 hours ago, viRdjil said:

5 hours ago, The Guest said:

He wouldn’t get a game.

City wouldn't sell to us , but the lad's dynamite - great player for years to come .

Shame it can't happen

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

Let’s change the whole set up of the team for a player to oust one of our two golden boot winners from their position.  There’s a reason we stopped playing that formation.  Firmino was stinking the gaff out and we were struggling to get over the line in lots of games.  On top of that who do you play in the two in midfield? It hardly suits any of our midfield players of which we’ve got a lot of.

It’s like saying go and sign De Gea for 70m because he’s the best pure keeper out there and then laughing at me for saying he wouldn’t get in our team and it would be a waste of money anyway because we’ve already got one of the best in the world anyway who isn’t as good at keeping it out as he is (he isn’t far off mind) but the way he plays suits us far more than De Gea ever would.

It’s a fucking colossally stupid suggestion because they would never sell to us and we would not buy a winger for massive money with the players we already have here.

We already play with that set up or similar (14 times in the league according to whoscored). It’s nothing ‘new’.  Bobby is naturally an AM, so that’s actually his best position on paper. He has a 1 in 2 scoring from there this season. 

33 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

We already play with that set up or similar (14 times in the league according to whoscored). It’s nothing ‘new’.  Bobby is naturally an AM, so that’s actually his best position on paper. He has a 1 in 2 scoring from there this season. 

You’re talking out of your arse.  Try and get away from selective stats and use your own fucking eyes.  You’re reading it off a spreadsheet compiled by someone you don’t know.  You haven’t bothered to list who those games were against and how the goals were scored.  You don’t know if the person has correctly categorised Firmino’s position or if we were still playing that formation when he scored his goals.  It’s a load of fucking nonsense that doesn’t back up anything.

He and the side clearly struggles when he doesn’t play centre forward.  The space he creates and workrate we get from him makes it difficult positionally for opposition defenders.  Anyone with any small amount of football brain can see he’s clearly better as a centre forward for us and one of the main reasons it functions so well.  Sane is a very good player but we’ve got a better and rejigging the formation to fit him in would be stupid.  It would also be stupid to “rotate” him with Mane and Salah.  They can clearly do full seasons with all the demands it entails.  Taking them out of games every week would damage them massively.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I'd sign another winger for big money (Pépé). We need one more rotation option and there would be enough games to go around, plus the 4-2-3-1 option which we wouldn't play all the time obviously, but it would allow us to put another skilled attacker on the pitch against certain sides.

But it's always funny when people suggest we should sign a player from Spurs like Son or Man City like Sané as if there's any chance those clubs would sell a talented player to us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

You’re talking out of your arse.  Try and get away from selective stats and use your own fucking eyes.  You’re reading it off a spreadsheet compiled by someone you don’t know.  You haven’t bothered to list who those games were against and how the goals were scored.  You don’t know if the person has correctly categorised Firmino’s position or if we were still playing that formation when he scored his goals.  It’s a load of fucking nonsense that doesn’t back up anything.

He and the side clearly struggles when he doesn’t play centre forward.  The space he creates and workrate we get from him makes it difficult positionally for opposition defenders.  Anyone with any small amount of football brain can see he’s clearly better as a centre forward for us and one of the main reasons it functions so well.  Sane is a very good player but we’ve got a better and rejigging the formation to fit him in would be stupid.  It would also be stupid to “rotate” him with Mane and Salah.  They can clearly do full seasons with all the demands it entails.  Taking them out of games every week would damage them massively.

I don’t think that’s right. Our stats playing 4-2-3-1 aren’t noticeably worse than playing 4-3-3. Happy to stand corrected if you could show me the stats showing otherwise.

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I don’t think that’s right. Our stats playing 4-2-3-1 aren’t noticeably worse than playing 4-3-3. Happy to stand corrected if you could show me the stats showing otherwise.

Use your eyes.

35 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

FFS. Such a patronising lol post.

'lol' neg you fucking 14 year old girl. One of my mates has just used that on whatsapp and is getting savaged. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

'lol' neg you fucking 14 year old girl. One of my mates has just used that on whatsapp and is getting savaged. 

Okay dad.

It wasn’t meant to be patronising.  You want us to sign Sane.  You are now using spreadsheets compiled by people you don’t know to put together stats that you have no clue whether are correct or not with no context to suit your agenda.  I’m saying use your eyes instead of making up nonsense.  If your eyes tell you why Firmino is better behind a striker then tell me how.  I doubt I’ll agree with you but at least you will have explained your position.  When you just reel off stats like that it shows that your “opinion” is actually complete nonsense that you can’t back up.  It’s just some shoe-horned nonsense because you’ve got your latest hard on for a player.

• Upvote 1

PREM TRIO AMONG JAMES’ SUITORS
Jorge Mendes is getting to work on finding James Rodriguez a new club so, of course, the Premier League big-hitters are getting dragged into it.

James is coming to the end of a two-year loan stay at Bayern Munich and though the Bundesliga champions have the option to make him a permanent signing for £37million, it seems neither the club nor the player are too keen on extending their relationship.

So the Colombia star will return to Real Madrid, where he will be immediately shown the door again. The Mirror reckons this has alerted the attention of Liverpool , Manchester United, Arsenal, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain, which gives the 27-year-old a lot of attractive offers which his form hasn’t really warranted

I don't think we can assume that Bobby , Sadio & Mo will all remain practically uninjured again for a third season running & while I have a lot of time for Origi and Shaq, I think we need better options if this happens.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It wasn’t meant to be patronising.  You want us to sign Sane.  You are now using spreadsheets compiled by people you don’t know to put together stats that you have no clue whether are correct or not with no context to suit your agenda.  I’m saying use your eyes instead of making up nonsense.  If your eyes tell you why Firmino is better behind a striker then tell me how.  I doubt I’ll agree with you but at least you will have explained your position.  When you just reel off stats like that it shows that your “opinion” is actually complete nonsense that you can’t back up.  It’s just some shoe-horned nonsense because you’ve got your latest hard on for a player.

“Compete nonsense you can’t back up” my arse. I gave you the back-up and you decided that somehow because it was compiled by strangers you wouldn’t accept them. 

9 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Lol. He’s probably the best pure winger in football right now. 

He's not even a regular starter for his club or country.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

He's not even a regular starter for his club or country.

I think it’s a mistake and he should be.