You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

23 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Have we ever got decent money from a Serie A team? Seems like we never learn. They're serial tyre kickers looking for a bargain.

They're funny I think. Tramps the lot of them. Even juve with all they spend still act like tramps. 

The window is not closed yet, so it might just be a tactic to get them to pay or smoke out Milan with a serious offer. 

59 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Times must be hard in Italy in the 80s and 90s they would spunk tons of money on anyone that had half a decent season. Now they all act like people on Bargain Hunt or Cash in the Attic.

I prefer the Channel 5 versions Bargain? Cunt and Hash in the Attic.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Times must be hard in Italy in the 80s and 90s they would spunk tons of money on anyone that had half a decent season. Now they all act like people on Bargain Hunt or Cash in the Attic.

To be fair their economy is in a worse state than ours. 

56 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Bayern are rebuilding and he'd likely be a starter for them. He'd be a squad option for us.

I reckon he would play as much as anyone else, but there's every chance Bayern will make him the fulcrum of the team, which I don't think we would as we had before. But life will be easier for him at Bayern than it is at Barca. I hope it goes miserably for him. 

Predicted this would happen.  High profile player to appease the fans now Sane is out, but not the same kind of player so may well struggle to fit into a system that isn't going to adapt to his strengths. 

Will just make him all the cheaper next summer...

Coutinho probably done us more service by leaving even than he did here at the club.

Not just the money we got for him, either, I'm talking about the effect he'll have on any player thinking of leaving Liverpool. Next summer, even this summer, when Barca and Real Madrid send their agent contacts behind the scenes to start whispering into our players' ears "come over to Spain, it's sunny, play in the biggest clubs in the world and make 300k/week" they'll be like "yeah, I've seen what can happen and I want no part of it."

The so-called "allure of the Spanish big clubs" that was supposedly impossible to turn down is looking easier and easier to turn down by the day. If I'm Mane (or van Dijk, or Salah, or whoever) I'm thinking "Jurgen's made me one of the highest-rated players in world football, why would I want to risk that all falling apart as it could if I move?"

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Coutinho probably done us more service by leaving even than he did here at the club.

Not just the money we got for him, either, I'm talking about the effect he'll have on any player thinking of leaving Liverpool. Next summer, even this summer, when Barca and Real Madrid send their agent contacts behind the scenes to start whispering into our players' ears "come over to Spain, it's sunny, play in the biggest clubs in the world and make 300k/week" they'll be like "yeah, I've seen what can happen and I want no part of it."

The so-called "allure of the Spanish big clubs" that was supposedly impossible to turn down is looking easier and easier to turn down by the day. If I'm Mane (or van Dijk, or Salah, or whoever) I'm thinking "Jurgen's made me one of the highest-rated players in world football, why would I want to risk that all falling apart as it could if I move?"

They still beat us to Júnior Firpo this summer.

51 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Criminal not to pay £30m for a year loan?! Fuck that, man. Glad we didn't. 

Coutinho would’ve represented as close to a guaranteed success as we could get. That also would have meant that in a few hours time we could line up with Coutinho, Mane, and Bobby and give Salah a rest after playing the full 120 minutes on Wednesday.

• Upvote 2