You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He had Chamberlin in the form of his life

That's true but as we've already established in this mini thread that using other players to cover an empty role is a fucking stupid decision even if you love Klopp. You must replace from the outside, not from within. 

Fuck sake Howie, keep up. 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Sorry pal, was over in the Breakfast thread -- Brown Sauce issues -- scenes etc...

Popped in there before and dribbled a bit of vom down my shirt. 

How Usher is allowing this behaviour is beyond me. TLW dropping to lower levels by the day. 

15 minutes ago, TK421 said:

If you think letting Sturridge and Moreno go are mistakes then I vehemently disagree.  

Where have I ever said that???

They both should have been binned fucking ages ago. 

They should have been replaced though. That’s my very obvious fucking point. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

They should have been replaced though. That’s my very obvious fucking point. 

I know that's your point.  Calm down, love.

Personally I don't think it makes much difference because they both had a negligible impact on first team proceedings and there are other players ready to step in. 

21 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Of course, but as Paul says Klopp has been fully vindicated in all major decisions he has made.  The results speak for themselves and now we have the silverwear to back it up. 

If you think letting Sturridge and Moreno go are mistakes then I vehemently disagree.  

Silver-Slim-Fit-Shiny-Tuxedo-19067.jpg

57 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I know that's your point.  Calm down, love.

Personally I don't think it makes much difference because they both had a negligible impact on first team proceedings and there are other players ready to step in. 

And the owners are happy with that instead of spending money on players who would have an impact. 

You had the guy from the beeb (can’t remember his name, Ornstein?) say we only had a budget of £15m and the FSG fanboys come out in force to slag him off. 

Barry posts he’s been told this summer is all about reducing the wage bill and not buying anyone. 

Again he got slated for it. 

The owners don’t want to win, they want to make money. If we win when we make them money it’s a bonus. 

I won’t blow smoke up their arse for doing the bare minimum. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

FSG set the budget, Klopp spends it. Or not. 

Is it really that difficult to comprehend? 

Frankly, yes.  Who are you blaming here?  FSG for not providing a budget, or Klopp for refusing to spend what is purportedly available?  Or are both at fault for this travesty of asset stripping?   Help a brother out.

5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Frankly, yes.  Who are you blaming here?  FSG for not providing a budget, or Klopp for refusing to spend what is purportedly available?  Or are both at fault for this travesty of asset stripping?   Help a brother out.

FSG haven’t provided the budget they should have this summer. 

Klopp has been naive if he thinks this squad couldn’t be improved.

You're not daft so don’t pretend to be mate. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

FSG haven’t provided the budget they should have this summer. 

Klopp has been naive if he thinks this squad couldn’t be improved.

You're not daft so don’t pretend to be mate. 

I don't think that makes him naive at all.  If there was one word I wouldn't use to describe Klopp it would be naive.  It makes him someone who has agreed to work within reasonably defined parameters.

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I don't think that makes him naive at all.  If there was one word I wouldn't use to describe Klopp it would be naive.  It makes him someone who has agreed to work within reasonably defined parameters.

£15m, if true is not a reasonably defined parameter for European Champions, not if you want to progress and compete anyway. 

The first 11 is fine, but players need competition and we would be lucky if they all stay fit and available. 

1 minute ago, Marko121 said:

£15m, if true is not a reasonably defined parameter for European Champions, not if you want to progress and compete anyway. 

The first 11 is fine, but players need competition and we would be lucky if they all stay fit and available. 

That's just an arbitrary figure provided by one journalist.  We have a very good squad packed full of expensive signings on big contracts, and that includes the back up players.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

That's just an arbitrary figure provided by one journalist.  We have a very good squad packed full of expensive signings on big contracts, and that includes the back up players.

The squad is good, but expensive and big contracts mean nothing when the players have little competition for their place and the back up players are too much of a drop off in quality, just my opinion. 

We have not been in a better position to strengthen the overall squad for many a year, this was the year to put their hands in their pockets. 

1 minute ago, Marko121 said:

The squad is good, but expensive and big contracts mean nothing when the players have little competition for their place and the back up players are too much of a drop off in quality, just my opinion. 

We have not been in a better position to strengthen the overall squad for many a year, this was the year to put their hands in their pockets. 

I don't buy into the big drop off in quality theory.  The last time it was put to the test we won the Champions League. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I don't buy into the big drop off in quality theory.  The last time it was put to the test we won the Champions League. 

Teams around us, Chelsea apart, have strengthened. The quickest way to go backwards is to stand still in football. 

3 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I want to sell my house. Is it okay if I wait until I find somewhere else to live, or am I a hypocrite if I don't choose to live on the streets?

You could live under the railway bridge until 12 year old Jimmy from next door takes over his dad's building business and agrees to build you a house. Probably for free as he'll learn to build on your house. 

Everyone is saying klopp has been vindicated in all his big decisions. But at the start of 17/18 almost to a man on here everyone would have said, replace those fucking keepers, they're both shit.  Many (myself included) said the squad isn't deep enough. In Jan 18, the same points were raised. If we'd fixed just one of those two issues over those 2 windows, we may have won number 6 12 months earlier and been on 7 now. Those weaknesses were both ruthlessly exposed in Kiev. Just because we have won number 6 now, does not vindicate every decision made before that date to be correct.

This number 6 buys Boston 2 summers of fucking about scaling back the wage bill. Because all we'll get is shite like "but we won number 6, we must be smarter than everyone else and we've never got a thing wrong". We are a money making machine for our owners who on occasion may win something. Our endeavour to exist to win trophies is clearly a massive thing of the past, I don't see why and how that can be argued. Just last week the echo ran an article about how fsg have told klopp to ignore the domestic cups because they want to win the league. We've been ignoring domestic cups since Kenny was sacked. It's not new. And that story was run as a positive thing. And it's lapped up. 

• Upvote 8

37 minutes ago, TK421 said:

One very respected journalist and there was fuck all arbitrary about it. 

He got that figure from someone high up at the club.

And we didn’t even come anywhere fucking close to spending that. 

We made a profit. Again. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Paul said:

Mate, if I was as negative as you, I’d cut out the middle man and just go straight to Dignitas. If you’re not happy now, you’ll never be. Genuinely, it must be awful feeling like you do when the team and club is so strong. 

Come on though Mbappe? 

That's twice now you've seriously stated we might be in for him.

After the summer we've just witnessed, after all the healthy comments from John Henry and bills to pay comments from Klopp you honestly think they would pay his 500k a week wages?