You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

44 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Oh dear. Not happy with Lovren's performances and not happy when he's up for sale. There truly is no pleasing some people. 

Wanting to replace shit player with a better one. 

If not going to replace shit player would rather not weaken the squad. 

Oh fucking dear if you can’t understand that. 

12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Mignolet was not good enough, didn't even play a single league game last year. I wanted him gone. For that reason, if we had not replaced him, I would have had no right to complain. 

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

With all due respect you don't know if the replacement (let's assume it's Hoever, for argument's sake) is better or worse until he's had some decent minutes on the pitch. 

Your dogmatic insistence in saying that the squad is automatically weaker means you are jumping to conclusions.  

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

With all due respect you don't know if the replacement (let's assume it's Hoever, for argument's sake) is better or worse until he's had some decent minutes on the pitch. 

Your dogmatic insistence in saying that the squad is automatically weaker means you are jumping to conclusions.  

We’ll have let established squad players in a striker, CB and LB go without replacing them. 

It’s weakened the squad. 

It is possible to love a manager and think he’s made stupid fucking decisions. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

We’ll have let established squad players in a striker, CB and LB go without replacing them. 

It’s weakened the squad. 

They have been replaced and you thought all of them were shit.

Just now, lifetime fan said:

Replaced by who???

Origi is getting the minutes Sturridge was given in the early part of last season.  He is now the first choice when one of the front three is subbed/rested.  We also have Brewster to come in.

Hoever looks the most likely to be given the games Lovren started.

Moreno didn't need replacing because he never played and in any event was behind Milner in the pecking order. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I want to sell my house. Is it okay if I wait until I find somewhere else to live, or am I a hypocrite if I don't choose to live on the streets?

Nobody will buy it because you've spent the last five years telling everyone on RightMove that it's shit.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

It’s weakened the squad. 

Just out of interest, which stupid fucking decisions do you think he’s made where the outcome is clear? I’ve doubted his logic numerous times but he’s been proven correct on every occasion. 

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

Just out of interest, which stupid fucking decisions do you think he’s made where the outcome is clear? I’ve doubted his logic numerous times but he’s been proven correct on every occasion. 

Only having an unfit shit Lallana to bring on in a final we should/could have won? 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Origi is getting the minutes Sturridge was given in the early part of last season.  He is now the first choice when one of the front three is subbed/rested.  We also have Brewster to come in.

Hoever looks the most likely to be given the games Lovren started.

Moreno didn't need replacing because he never played and in any event was behind Milner in the pecking order. 

Origi was here last season, he’s not replaced anyone. 

A kid without a first team team appearance has replaced an established CB who has played in a World Cup final? 

Milner has already told the manager he doesn’t want to play LB. 

You’re happy playing the whole season with 1 RB, 1 LB and 3 CB’s? 

Thats stupidity. 

Origi was here last season, he’s not replaced anyone. 

A kid without a first team team appearance has replaced an established CB who has played in a World Cup final? 

Milner has already told the manager he doesn’t want to play LB. 

You’re happy playing the whole season with 1 RB, 1 LB and 3 CB’s? 

Thats stupidity. 

Yes, I'm very happy with the squad and the manager.  They're doing a great job. 

You can love the manager, think he’s doing a great job and still think he’s made shit decisions. 

I’ve thought it about Rafa, Kenny and Klopp. 

Of course, but as Paul says Klopp has been fully vindicated in all major decisions he has made.  The results speak for themselves and now we have the silverwear to back it up. 

If you think letting Sturridge and Moreno go are mistakes then I vehemently disagree.  

• Upvote 1