You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I would rather Lovren went so we can get some money in whilst we can. He makes the defence panic and always makes mistakes - some cost us, some don't.

He is the last of the players that make me nervous when on the pitch. I would play Fabinho ahead of him and it will also mean we can play kids in the cups.

He is an average player that has done okay for us, we should never have signed him in the first place, like so many of Rodger's signings.

Thanks for the good games but there weren't enough and he is always injured. Another big wage off the books too.

Sick of all this brate/salah bullshit too - we aren't UTD. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, INTORRESTING said:

I would rather Lovren went so we can get some money in whilst we can. He makes the defence panic and always makes mistakes - some cost us, some don't.

He is the last of the players that make me nervous when on the pitch. I would play Fabinho ahead of him and it will also mean we can play kids in the cups.

He is an average player that has done okay for us, we should never have signed him in the first place, like so many of Rodger's signings.

Thanks for the good games but there weren't enough and he is always injured. Another big wage off the books too.

Sick of all this brate/salah bullshit too - we aren't UTD. 

Wow, just wow. I have been one of his harshest critics but you are painting a picture of Kvarme not the player that since Klopp arrived and only made a handful of mistakes. Yes they are nearly all high profile but it's not.like he makes them all game every game.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, INTORRESTING said:

I would rather Lovren went so we can get some money in whilst we can. 

I support this decision as the money will help pay for my next 6 months sub. 

9 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Weakens the squad but gets big wages off the books. 

It’s not just that though is it? 

This is what Klopp does, he lets players go  if they’re going to have a better chance of playing elsewhere, leaves room in the squad for kids to come through and generally is happy to have a smaller squad.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Ryan Kent has been sulking about not being allowed to join Leeds for virtually fuck all by posting stuff on his Instagram. How dare the club want to get a decent transfer fee for him.

Of course if the transfer fee was dropped Ryan would obviously still want the same wage and signing on fee, he would not of course ask for more after his asking fee dropped. Perish the thought.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Looks like a deal to Roma for Lovern is very close to being done.

Given how injury prone Matip and Gomez have been I think its a risk not worth taking myself.

Especially if Gomez is considered as right-back cover as well. I was hoping Lovren would stay but if there’s anything to take from it I suppose we’ll find out how far away the two kids are from being regulars. 

37 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

This is what Klopp does, he lets players go  if they’re going to have a better chance of playing elsewhere, leaves room in the squad for kids to come through and generally is happy to have a smaller squad.

This. Plus, Lovren is a clear 4th choice and probably not happy about it. Putting aside the Salah bromance thing, this increases squad harmony. It's a loss of depth but Klopp has done this favour to players time and again. 

• Upvote 1

This isn't right. We've lost our centre back and fullback cover from last season with no replacements. We've weakened the squad after record high profits. We've gone from Clyne, Moreno and Lovren to Milner on both flanks and Sepp Van whatever the fuckers name is.

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Did either of those guys play last year?

They did actually.  Clyne played for Bournemouth and Moreno played in the cups against Wolves and Chelsea.  He played in 2 vital and difficult league games against Cardiff and Burnley.  The side has been weakened I tells ya.

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

We have 1 RB, 1 LB and 3 CB’s in the first team squad if we let Lovren go now.

That’s not giving youth a chance, it’s fucking stupidity. 

• Upvote 3