You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I think you're viewing this too much through LFC-tinted specs.  Both clubs here made good signings that will improve them.  You lambast Arsenal for not signing defenders, seemingly ignoring their capture of David Luiz.  They should have sold Aubameyang?  I mean, why?  Strange comment.  No mention of Saliba or Tierney, either. 

Is right.

Arse have had a good Summer and certainly improved.

17 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

He’s a very good footballer, but a bad defender.

In a back three, like under Conte, he can be really good. In a pairing he’s a disaster waiting to happen.

Played his best stuff under Rafa when played in midfield.

Knows his stuff does Rafa.

Luiz has his limitations defensively but Arsenal are a progressive side and he will certainly help their playing out from the back.

I think they will be entertaining to watch this year and their centre half stocks are pretty average, but not quite as bad as I thought ( Luiz , Sokratis , Mustafi , Holding , Chambers , Mavropanos )

Luiz is absolutely brilliant technically, as good as any centre back there's been in that department. His passing to Aubameyang, Pepe and Lacazette will be deadly, his quality on the ball is a huge advantage. But yeah, his decision making is crazy at times. It's a risk to have him in a partnership against a lot of sides. I still love him as a player, though. 

15 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Who did Villa buy? I'd no idea they were spending big...

Tom Heaton - Burnley, £8m

Marvelous Nakamba - Club Brugge, £11m

Douglas Luiz - Man City, £15m

Trezeguet - Kasimpasa, £8.5m

Matt Targett - Southampton, £11m

Jota - Birmingham City, undisclosed

Anwar El Ghazi - Lille, undisclosed

Wesley - Club Brugge, £22m

Ezri Konsa - Brentford, £12m

Kortney Hause - Wolves, undisclosed

Tyrone Mings - Bournemouth, £20m

Bjorn Engels - Stade Reims, undisclosed

Tyrone Mings 20 million.....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Tom Heaton - Burnley, £8m

Marvelous Nakamba - Club Brugge, £11m

Douglas Luiz - Man City, £15m

Trezeguet - Kasimpasa, £8.5m

Matt Targett - Southampton, £11m

Jota - Birmingham City, undisclosed

Anwar El Ghazi - Lille, undisclosed

Wesley - Club Brugge, £22m

Ezri Konsa - Brentford, £12m

Kortney Hause - Wolves, undisclosed

Tyrone Mings - Bournemouth, £20m

Bjorn Engels - Stade Reims, undisclosed

Tyrone Mings 20 million.....

You've got to speculate to accumulate it's a calculated risk I suppose 

9 hours ago, Boss said:

Leipzig were desperate to sell Werner this window. By not selling, it means he's already decided on Bayern. United will offer about £80m for Eriksen in January - so the idea of us getting a good deal with those fools around is fanciful. 

Still a couple of weeks left for Bayern to get him cheap isn't there. I don't for one second think he's had a interest in leaving Germany. Its always been Bayern

I don't understand why teams like Villa do that when they come up. It's mostly the teams that stay together like Leicester under Pearson, Swansea under Rodgers etc that stay up. The ones that go on a spending spree and replace their first team with mercenaries almost always go back down.