You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Gommersal looking decent on SSN now 

As a fat old bloke I like Vicky as I imagine she would be the only SSN presenter who would reply to me if I made a comment at a hotel bar rather than having me thrown out . Other than that Clare lady and she is a little bit amnesty is she not.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, suzy said:

Man City have confirmed today it’s his ACL and he’ll be out for months 

Thats a shame, he is a great player. Probably would have ended up at Bayern had he not gotten injured.

After all the smoke and mirrors City have not really done anything.

Bottom line on the two sides fortunes over the next season.

Them -- Old Boys

Does Aguero have another top season in him? Can they get 30+ league games out of David Silva? With Sane out he is 

integral to their left side.

Us - Lads

Will Alexander-Arnold and Robertson be able to sustain their attacking form?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Brave in what sense?

We'll comfortably finish in the top four, almost certainly second.

I meant more in terms of the view from the fan base if things start to go wrong, I agree we will finish top 4 but most hoped for an investment into the squad to go for the title again with the additional games this season.

Jurgen clearly thinks he has enough so let’s see... he knows better than anyone 

34 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I look forward to our first non-win, just to witness the frantic blur of sputum, keyboard, pram, shite and toys as the race to post the first anti-FSG rant gets underway.

27 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Good point , might post one tonight to stay ahead of the crowd

I've got one saved to the clipboard ready to hit ctrl+v as soon as that whistle is blown.

• Upvote 1

BBC summing up City's window pretty well.

Manchester City brought in Rodri, Joao Cancelo and then back-ups including Pedro Porro and Angelino.

When you consider that Manchester City have gone and broken their transfer record to sign Rodri and now Joao Cancelo from Juventus for a combined £120m and neither are guaranteed to start, that shows the position of strength that Manchester City are in.

Pep Guardiola has built that squad to a point where they can bring players in of high quality that can have time to bed in and be successful over a number of years.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Manchester City brought in Rodri, Joao Cancelo and then back-ups including Pedro Porro and Angelino.

When you consider that Manchester City have gone and broken their transfer record to sign Rodri and now Joao Cancelo from Juventus for a combined £120m and neither are guaranteed to start, that shows the position of strength that Manchester City are in.

Pep Guardiola has built that squad to a point where they can bring players in of high quality that can have time to bed in and be successful over a number of years.

They forgot to mention that he's a genius. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, an tha said:

Backed by a State and cheating. Pep however is a genius.

Genuinely think we’re gonna win the league now, Kompany’s presence will be sorely missed at City and Sane is a catastrophic loss for them. Expecting Aguero and Silva to start showing signs of aging. Not arsed about the muppets behind us, Arsenal possibly only side who you could say have improved.

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Genuinely think we’re gonna win the league now, Kompany’s presence will be sorely missed at City and Sane is a catastrophic loss for them. Expecting Aguero and Silva to start showing signs of aging. Not arsed about the muppets behind us, Arsenal possibly only side who you could say have improved.

Well in mate.

Same.

The sly bastards do this shit all the time, they buy a player from a club they own and then loan him.straight away to a different club. They do.it the middle of all the drama when no one is playing attention. €20m to immediately loan someone out is a big spend for pretty much every team in the league bar them pricks.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Arsenal did it with Saliba

They did as an negotiating tactic and it wasn't from a club they own. I don't have figures but they seem to do this all the time from their club's all over the planet.

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

They did as an negotiating tactic and it wasn't from a club they own. I don't have figures but they seem to do this all the time from their club's all over the planet.

Why do you think they own loads of small clubs. They all pay City consulting fees and if rumours are true managers consulting fees to get wages on the books. 

That's the rumoured reason the Vale transfer fell through. The Chinese club who they allowed him to go to on a free is owned by tge same guys that own Inter. It leaked that Bale would sign for the Chinese club and get a hefty pay rise and get loaned to Inter with little in the way of fee or wages.