You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

It was up to us if we went after other players. They just weren't selling in that window and charged us a tax if we wanted him in the next. Look, you think this was some type of master plan, I think it was a massive transfer fuck up. We won't agree and I'm sure we're boring the shit out of everyone going round in circles. 

So you think signing Van Dijk was a massive transfer fuck up.

Good to know.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Lo Celso to Spurs a loan with an obligation to buy.

Seem to be having trouble getting Dybala across the line. Still maintaining an interest in Fernandes, but the fact Lo Celso is a loan suggests they’d only have funds for one or t’other.

Think that's just a very clever way for Betis to fuck PSG over the sell on fee percentage. Loan with obligation to buy makes financial sense for both Spurs and Betis, as the latter can keep all of the loan fee I believe.

Sounds like Spurs may also be in for Atal. That's one bloody good summer if they can pull it off.

56 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Serious ambition by spurs owners. Got to make them title challengers now if that happens. 

We could sign 2 world Class players today and you would ask where’s the third. 

I cannot imagine very many people thought we wouldn’t really sign anyone, that seems to be the way it is. Life goes on chuckles. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

FSG must think since we were 25 points clear of the 3rd placed team it'll take something amazing for other clubs to close the gap on us. Maybe that is the case, maybe us standing still will allow Spurs and the rest to cut the gap to us to perhaps 10 points this season. But using that logic, City will pull even further away from us. Is that what FSG want? Allowing our rivals to strengthen with genuine quality players while we sit around and watch is negligence of the highest order. And bollocks to the theory that Klopp doesn't want to sign anyone, I refuse to believe it. 

29 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We could sign 2 world Class players today and you would ask where’s the third. 

I cannot imagine very many people thought we wouldn’t really sign anyone, that seems to be the way it is. Life goes on chuckles. 

I bet he wouldn't.

There's only one way to find out for sure, though. Let's make the signings and see.

It’s almost as if Liverpool think they are the only club who can bridge a 20 point gap by making good signings. 

kLoPp tRuSts iN HiS pLaYeRs. Funny that, we only really ever competed for the title once he bought three world class players (and a backup attacker) to fix glaring issues with our squad last summer. 

Other glaring issues still exist; you’d have to be delusional to think otherwise. A world class team can not rely on its academy for depth. News is that Sane could be out for months with an ACL injury picked up in a charity shield game. A reminder that long term injuries to great players can happen at any time. 

Right now, the fact is, we have a squad which cannot challenge on four fronts (because it’s a lesser squad than last year, and we didn’t then). The second fact is, our ability to challenge in the league is wholly reliant upon no serious injuries to our front three and full backs. It’s very understandable why fans would be pissed off at those two realities. 

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

It’s almost as if Liverpool think they are the only club who can bridge a 20 point gap by making good signings. 

kLoPp tRuSts iN HiS pLaYeRs. Funny that, we only really ever competed for the title once he bought three world class players (and a backup attacker) to fix glaring issues with our squad last summer. 

Other glaring issues still exist; you’d have to be delusional to think otherwise. A world class team can not rely on its academy for depth. News is that Sane could be out for months with an ACL injury picked up in a charity shield game. A reminder that long term injuries to great players can happen at any time. 

Right now, the fact is, we have a squad which cannot challenge on four fronts (because it’s a lesser squad than last year, and we didn’t then). The second fact is, our ability to challenge in the league is wholly reliant upon no serious injuries to our front three and full backs. It’s very understandable why fans would be pissed off at those two realities. 

Good well thought out post mate.

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

They both have big new stadiums with four sides though. 

You are deluded if you don't think those two will be a lot closer this year. The top four is going to be a real battle. 

Yes, the net effect will be that the top teams just take more points off each other instead of it being a two horse race. I don't know why that's a bad thing. There's no difference between finishing 2nd and finishing 4th anyway. Having teams that are good enough to beat Man City are the most important thing and we may have that now. That increases our chances of winning the league if we can show the same level of consistency as last season. 

Another report saying the Sessegnon transfer has hit a wall. 

My boy Bruno is in training with Sporting today. You wound me, Bruno. You wound me. You are dead to me now.

Dybala might be off because it was rumoured PSG may come in for him later in the window. Pisser for Spurs, though, as that would have been a very tidy attack.