You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Spurs to get sessegnon and lo celso. They're beginning to stink of ambition. 

I like sessegnon. 

Sessegnon was underwhelming for Fulham last season considering the hype. I’m not overly worried short term but Pochettino is a good coach and could make him into a very good fullback.

The reports reckon he’s going to play left wing initially though. 

Arsenal and Spurs have spent little in the last 10 years compared to what they probably should have. We've spent more than they have by far in the last decade. 

Arsenal need to spend because if they hadn't they'd have become an afterthought. Spurs are basically doing the bare minimum and this is the summer window after they spent nothing. Lo Celso to replace Eriksen and a couple kids for the future. Ndombele is pretty much the only significant value add. 

Can't believe people are actually worried about those two. If anything, they may actually take points off City now. 

Just had a gander at all clubs in's and outs, all the drama feels a bit OTT. I actually thought our rivals had improved more than they have, I think subconsciously once Coutinho or Dybala are linked with a rival we automatically add them to their squad, we will facing little Phil 8 times next season.

City have lost Kompany and swapped reserve right backs. Also signed Rossi, could, lose Sane. Are they that much better off? If Sane leaves I'd say they're worse off.

Chelsea lost Hazard and got Pulisic. No discussion required, significantly weaker.

Spurs have signed Ndomdele, don't know how good he is but he's one player when they needed 4 or 5. Trippier is gone and hasn't been replaced, if they sign 1 of the 3 tiny 10s they're looking at then it means Eriksen is gone. Again I don't see any massive improvement there.

Arsenal have lost the only half decent defender they had plus Ramsey. They will end up with Tierney, Luiz and Pepe, that is in an improvement but I can't see anything better than 4th.

Utd have spent a shed load to stay as they are.

Everton have done what Utd have done, if they Zaha they could overhaul utd.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

All I've seen about Ziyech is that he's turned down Sevilla because he'd rather be at Ajax. 

Is there a reason in your opinion why big clubs aren't chomping at the bit to sign him? He's got a low release clause. Is there something wrong with him? Always think when I see him his workrate is good and he's obviously creative. 

33 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

£64m fee agreed for Dybala to Spurs apparently.

Be great if this were true.

For one, it'd mean Lo Celso definitely isn't happening, and he's a better player than Dybala IMO. Secondly, it probably means that Eriksen is being sold as well, and honestly, I'm not sure that Eriksen to Dybala is an upgrade either.

Of course they're going to be better this season because Ndombele solves their biggest problem, but if they had brought in Lo Celso I might start to be seriously worried that they could finish ahead of us this season if things went their way.

Questions to be answered yet as to whether Spurs will have actually improved their squad or not this summer, once all their outgoings have been confirmed.

One area they’ll be stronger for though is their home atmosphere, now they’re not playing half the season at Wembley. That could be worth a decent point spike for them.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Is there a reason in your opinion why big clubs aren't chomping at the bit to sign him? He's got a low release clause. Is there something wrong with him? Always think when I see him his workrate is good and he's obviously creative. 

I wanted him when Twente were skint and had to sell him for buttons. No idea why nobody other than Ajax were in for him then. Hard working creative player as you say. Can't see Sevilla paying him less than he's on already. Ajax aren't big on wages. Maybe he's just happy enough here. 

8 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Southampton telling Liverpool to not pursue other players is far-fetched IMO. We could have easily done, we might have accepted to pay £15m extra but we would’ve chosen to do so, as opposed to forced by Southampton. if you watched the documentary, they quoted City the same price and City thought it was too much and bought Laporte instead for £60m.

It was up to us if we went after other players. They just weren't selling in that window and charged us a tax if we wanted him in the next. Look, you think this was some type of master plan, I think it was a massive transfer fuck up. We won't agree and I'm sure we're boring the shit out of everyone going round in circles. 

13 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It was up to us if we went after other players. They just weren't selling in that window and charged us a tax if we wanted him in the next. Look, you think this was some type of master plan, I think it was a massive transfer fuck up. We won't agree and I'm sure we're boring the shit out of everyone going round in circles. 

I, for one, am absolutely shocked that you've put a negative spin on it. It's almost as if you've had a near decade-long grudge against the owners and have relentlessly seen and painted everything they've ever done in a negative light. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Leroy Sane’s injury doesn’t look good and there are fears he has damaged his ACL. He’ll have more tests tomorrow but surgery is regarded as a likely option at the moment. More info in @TheAthleticUK Q&A https://t.co/jaA14Scu7c

City will spunk another 25 billion tomorrow.

When he went down the other day, I just assumed it was his way of making sure he didn't get fucked for his transfer. 

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think Jurgen is also thinking about keeping everybody sweet in the present squad. We are a bit overloaded numbers-wise in midfield with Hendo, Keita, Ox. Lallana , Shaq, Gini, BGJ , Fabinho for nominally 3 positions , and we also have 3 centre-halves fighting to partner VvD , so I can see the likes of Gomez & Milner being given playing time at full back and Shaq as a wide-forward.

Ox and lallana have terrible injury records. Keita hasn't been great since he joined us. They're probably worth 1 player between them. And Shaq doesn't seem to be trusted by klopp in midfield. 

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Arsenal and Spurs have spent little in the last 10 years compared to what they probably should have. We've spent more than they have by far in the last decade. 

Arsenal need to spend because if they hadn't they'd have become an afterthought. Spurs are basically doing the bare minimum and this is the summer window after they spent nothing. Lo Celso to replace Eriksen and a couple kids for the future. Ndombele is pretty much the only significant value add. 

Can't believe people are actually worried about those two. If anything, they may actually take points off City now. 

They both have big new stadiums with four sides though. 

You are deluded if you don't think those two will be a lot closer this year. The top four is going to be a real battle. 

4 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

That's why we're selling them all and getting Bruno Fernandes. Deals to be announced at 16:59 this evening precisely.

Piece of piss this ITK lark.

You should have said it may or may not happen at 16:59, quality ITK liars sources like Macca always give both options to try and cover themselves because they are lying as transfers are always complex. 

Lo Celso to Spurs a loan with an obligation to buy.

Seem to be having trouble getting Dybala across the line. Still maintaining an interest in Fernandes, but the fact Lo Celso is a loan suggests they’d only have funds for one or t’other.