You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Another £100 million spent by City this window, seriously why even bother trying? The very definition of a waste of time

Fuck them.

We are LFC.

That's why they hate us so much, because no matter how much money they spend or domestic trophies they win, they will never be us and they fucking know it.

• Upvote 3

I like the way in that All or Nothing documentary when they sign Laporte for about £60m they are pretending to be on the phone to the bank to authorise funds like they are short of cash and playing by the rules. When in reality it's probably loose change down the back of the sofa from Etihad sponsoring the tram stop outside the ground.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't think so. It was dropped because of lack of evidence and the PL could pick it up again if more evidence was submitted. All Southampton had to do was submit the evidence. 

Southampton telling Liverpool to not pursue other players is far-fetched IMO. We could have easily done, we might have accepted to pay £15m extra but we would’ve chosen to do so, as opposed to forced by Southampton. if you watched the documentary, they quoted City the same price and City thought it was too much and bought Laporte instead for £60m.

19 minutes ago, Elite said:

We've got a better left back and right back for the grand sum of £7m.

Left back deffo, right back mmm, I don’t think Trent is a full back imho

31 minutes ago, Thoth said:

£200 million on full backs... how does that genius Pep win those trophies!

It’s a mystery that much is certain

42 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I like the way in that All or Nothing documentary when they sign Laporte for about £60m they are pretending to be on the phone to the bank to authorise funds like they are short of cash and playing by the rules. When in reality it's probably loose change down the back of the sofa from Etihad sponsoring the tram stop outside the ground.

People watch Man City documentaries? 

I say that as someone who thoroughly enjoyed the QPR one. 

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Serious dough spent by Arsenal this summer. 

With no champions league and a big wage bill.

How have they managed that 

Wait and see who leaves, the window only shut in the UK tomorrow, the rest of Europe have a while yet.

One of the forwards, Mustafi, a few deadwood players off the wage bill and Marty Feldman is fucking off to be Tyyips bezzie isn’t he? That’s potentially a fair wedge coming in/saved.

They'll be like Kegan’s Newcastle, only with the cosmopolitan Nostfartu in the dug out.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Leroy Sane’s injury doesn’t look good and there are fears he has damaged his ACL. He’ll have more tests tomorrow but surgery is regarded as a likely option at the moment. More info in @TheAthleticUK Q&A https://t.co/jaA14Scu7c

City will spunk another 25 billion tomorrow.

That is the equivalent for me of us buying some quality sounding spanish bloke from real sociedad that I have only seen on youtube for 50 million. 

Sane is a majestic player and even they will be hit by his injury. 

For what it's worth, I feel it's as much Jurgen as the owners. He trusts the players and believes in them. For example, he feels that Ox is like a new signing (hopefully he doesn't view action adam in the same light). He feels Divock and Brewster can be suitable replacements. He probably feels Naby can be like a new signing and show his class this season - I actually agree with this.

I would have liked us to go in Phil or put in a cheeky bid for dybala. However, Jurgen obviously feels that such moves could negatively impact on the rest of the team. 

The owners have landed on their feet with Jurgen but I do believe if he pushed the issue, we would have spent.

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Id rather listen to Klopp and he says it's financial. 

Yes the "bills to pay" comment was quite telling.  Plus Klopp never misses a chance to big up his players so why even mention the finances if this is just a case of him putting all his faith in existing players, medical staff, and luck? 

30 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Leroy Sane’s injury doesn’t look good and there are fears he has damaged his ACL. He’ll have more tests tomorrow but surgery is regarded as a likely option at the moment. More info in @TheAthleticUK Q&A https://t.co/jaA14Scu7c

City will spunk another 25 billion tomorrow.

Well in Trent lad.

• Downvote 1

I think Jurgen is also thinking about keeping everybody sweet in the present squad. We are a bit overloaded numbers-wise in midfield with Hendo, Keita, Ox. Lallana , Shaq, Gini, BGJ , Fabinho for nominally 3 positions , and we also have 3 centre-halves fighting to partner VvD , so I can see the likes of Gomez & Milner being given playing time at full back and Shaq as a wide-forward.