You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

6 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

That Shaqiri to Monaco rumour was mad.

Why would Monaco have £33m in their arse pocket for an attacker, and go "We need Shaqiri".

They haven't bought anyone to replace Tielemans, and so in the dying embers of the transfer window, they crack onto the idea of the X Man being the answer to their gap in central midfield. 

That Thielemans is going to be a massive player over the next couple of years. Loads of talent. 

10 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

That Shaqiri to Monaco rumour was mad.

Why would Monaco have £33m in their arse pocket for an attacker, and go "We need Shaqiri".

They haven't bought anyone to replace Tielemans, and so in the dying embers of the transfer window, they crack onto the idea of the X Man being the answer to their gap in central midfield. 

They didn’t. They were supposedly asking for a loan worth €12m and Liverpool supposedly would only sell, not loan, at €36m.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

It's just getting good.

Yup. No helicopters yet, but we did have McCarthy having to drive himself down to Palace yesterday, presumably because Palace are cheap bastards who couldn’t afford a train or flight ticket.

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They didn’t. They were supposedly asking for a loan worth €12m and Liverpool supposedly would only sell, not loan, at €36m.

I suppose you never know.  Shaqiri from Switzerland, money, and the tax haven that is Monaco, maybe there's something in it. Maybe he's got a strong, or good-to-strong, portfolio and he wants to guard himself against the drop in the pound.

4 hours ago, Baltar said:

If these tightarse yank twats aren't willing to spend big, at least get Coutinho back on loan. Going into the new season without improving the squad whatsoever is massively risky and frankly a disgrace, considering all that we had achieved last season. We should be building on last season's achievements, not going backwards. Wake up FSG, you fucking idiots.

People wanting Coutinho back because "it's only a loan fee, just pay it" and the like should remember that the most expensive player in our history, van Dijk, costs us just under £25m/year when you combine the amortisation of the fee and his wages.

Barca are asking for a loan fee of that amount (in accounting terms, this would take the place of fee amortisation). In addition, his wages are £10m/year. So his total cost would be £35m for the year.

He's a good player, but we've improved since he left. The idea that Edwards and Klopp are going to spend more on him than we've ever spent on a player (on a per-year basis) to bring him back is daft. And that's before you even factor in his disgraceful behaviour to try to leave Liverpool. No chance he's coming back.

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Why would they want to delay 6 months for the deal to go through? They could’ve asked the extra cash there and then? It was very early in the window wasn’t it? It’s veering a bit too close to a conspiracy theory for me Barry. Most likely what happened was what the media reported.

It was pretty much reported in the press we paid a don't be a bunch of cunts tax! And they didn't want to do it there and then, because they wanted to show their fans they could stand up to us, their fans were going mental and wanted us fucked by the PL. This is a nice compromise for everyone. 

6 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

People wanting Coutinho back because "it's only a loan fee, just pay it" and the like should remember that the most expensive player in our history, van Dijk, costs us just under £25m/year when you combine the amortisation of the fee and his wages.

Barca are asking for a loan fee of that amount (in accounting terms, this would take the place of fee amortisation). In addition, his wages are £10m/year. So his total cost would be £35m for the year.

He's a good player, but we've improved since he left. The idea that Edwards and Klopp are going to spend more on him than we've ever spent on a player (on a per-year basis) to bring him back is daft. And that's before you even factor in his disgraceful behaviour to try to leave Liverpool. No chance he's coming back.

I'll put you down as a "maybe".

7 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Don't think so. Could be wrong but I think we can still sell after 5pm tomorrow but can't buy.

I assumed if we bought (because you can buy at any time you just can't register players to play), we may be able to register them for European competition as the uefa deadline is later and it would mean for the PL we'd be able to register in January. The way klopp operates with nursing players in very often, I just wondered if that might still be an option for us.  There's 6 CL games and 2 world cup games before Xmas, so would relieve some pressure off the squad still. 

It's been shit. I like buying players. I like the summer transfer window. The to and fro of negotiation. I like getting excited about new players and then seeing them play. It's been like that all my life. 

None of that shit this season. Fucking Adam Lallana playing defensive midfield or whatever it's called these days. 

Yes, I am spoilt. 

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It's been shit. I like buying players. I like the summer transfer window. The to and fro of negotiation. I like getting excited about new players and then seeing them play. It's been like that all my life. 

None of that shit this season. Fucking Adam Lallana playing defensive midfield or whatever it's called these days. 

Yes, I am spoilt. 

Just think of Ads and the Ox as presents that you left wrapped.  Little gifts of sunshine :-)

20 minutes ago, No2 said:

Robbo was interviewed for the football daily podcast on the BBC and he basically said it was always Klopps plan not to buy anyone.

I've been saying this for weeks that it's Klopp and not FSG. I don't get why people can't see this.

Ever since he came here, he has preferred to work with what he has mostly.

As for Coutinho, there was no way that we'd buy him back. Just glad he's not going to a rival.