You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If that's real, I don't think you can turn down 36m Euros for Shaqiri. That's a huge bid. We'd have to have a replacement lined up right away, though. 

I don't think that's a huge bid at all. That's Tyrone Mings and a multipack of freddos. 

Just now, Remmie said:

I don't think that's a huge bid at all. That's Tyrone Mings and a multipack of freddos. 

36m Euros for a player who isn't in the starting 11 and who is at an age where improvement usually ends is pretty big, in my opinion. It's not one you just reject instantly. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

36m Euros for a player who isn't in the starting 11 and who is at an age where improvement usually ends is pretty big, in my opinion. It's not one you just reject instantly. 

I agree. He’s not good enough to start regularly for us and won’t ever be. 

14 minutes ago, Baltar said:

We'd be total imbeciles to let Shaqiri leave. We already have little quality up front outside our regular front 3.

He doesn't get in the first 11. That's all we need, just 11 players to play 65 games.

Seriously, if he goes, we must be bringing someone in.

36m euros would cover the Coutinho loan fee for a year until we are able to pay the balance of his fee next summer and is absolutely in no way a true story or going to happen but nonetheless I am already naked from the waist down and covered in sudocrem.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

36m euros would cover the Coutinho loan fee for a year until we are able to pay the balance of his fee next summer and is absolutely in no way a true story or going to happen but nonetheless I am already naked from the waist down and covered in sudocrem.

Flash git. Use swarfega like the rest of us.

• Upvote 2

If he's replaced by a good player then great if it's just money in the bank then fuck it id rather keep him. I just can't see a scenario where we take Coutinho back after the way he left plus the kind of deal we made with Barca saying it will cost 100 million plus for you to buy any future players. It would seem like a deal neither club would want a part of.

That Shaqiri to Monaco rumour was mad.

Why would Monaco have £33m in their arse pocket for an attacker, and go "We need Shaqiri".

They haven't bought anyone to replace Tielemans, and so in the dying embers of the transfer window, they crack onto the idea of the X Man being the answer to their gap in central midfield.