You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

12 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

But they already submitted their complaint to the PL? So the league could’ve taken action against us there and then. Not sure what would’ve been in it for Southampton to arrange  that complex scenario. Wouldn’t it have been easier to just ask for the premium that summer?

Dead easy. They complain, about us and are in a position to fuck us and then say give us 20m or we see it through. It's really simple. They wouldn't have benefitted from the situation otherwise, they'd have sold him for 50m or had an unhappy player. Us getting a transfer ban doesn't help soton. The 20m bought them ings. 

3 minutes ago, suzy said:

Just seen the chaps on Sky saying why wouldn’t anyone want to go to Spurs, they’re Champions League finalists! Haha we’re the winners, think they were talking about Coutinho as well...

Very polite way of saying cunts, Suzy.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I've always though Phillips looked ok in the pre season games he's had. I'm assuming he's not all that though as we've never let him near a proper game. 

I suspect, like Wilson, Klopp wants to see him get extended game time in a competitive league before deciding to keep or bomb out.

29 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Dead easy. They complain, about us and are in a position to fuck us and then say give us 20m or we see it through. It's really simple. They wouldn't have benefitted from the situation otherwise, they'd have sold him for 50m or had an unhappy player. Us getting a transfer ban doesn't help soton. The 20m bought them ings. 

Why would they want to delay 6 months for the deal to go through? They could’ve asked the extra cash there and then? It was very early in the window wasn’t it? It’s veering a bit too close to a conspiracy theory for me Barry. Most likely what happened was what the media reported.

3 minutes ago, Bogman said:

If he ain't going to Spurs, he definately isn't going to Arsenal.

A couple of steps down.

I wouldn't credit Coutinho with much intelligence. If it makes financial sense for his agent to send him to Arsenal, that's where Coutinho will end up.

6 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I wouldn't credit Coutinho with much intelligence. If it makes financial sense for his agent to send him to Arsenal, that's where Coutinho will end up.

Not a chance is he off to play Europa League football. 

Fucking get him signed Jurgen lad.